What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stopped by fishnbowljoe's after work yesterday to drop off a couple of samples and was treated with a few goodies. We started off with a PS OWA he'd recently picked up that not only tasted great but had a loooong killer finish that never seemed to go away. He then talked me into a pour of Stagg Jr. batch 3, definitely much better than the batch 1 bottle that I can't seem to finish.

The highlight was when he cracked open a family size vintage big necked OGD 86 proof. I don't know what year it is, but damn is it wonderful. Has that old school butterscotch nose and the flavors that I just absolutely love. It's one of those bourbons that I really, really wish they could duplicate today. For anyone who says they don't like anything less than 100 proof, this one might just change your mind.

To top everything off, Joe.... being Joe, filled up an empty ETL bottle with this amazing whiskey and sent me on my way. Thanks buddy!!

had a pour of WTKS and RRSiB and probably having some WTRB next. oh and my first taste of perky jerky original flavor turkey jerky, tasty bourbon snack IMO.

I declare tonight to be a wheater night for no other reason than I just purchased a Weller 12 which reminded my I had an open bottle at the back of the top shelf in the pantry so I pulled it out. The palate is ON tonight for wheaters so I'll keep it going with some Larceny and then OWA.

. . . . Celebrating the life of my wife's grandmother. Service was today on what would have been her 99th b-day. . . . .

I raise my glass to you and yours. My Grand Dad lived to be 93 and the last thing he did was snub out his cigar.

Celebrating the life of my wife's grandmother. Service was today on what would have been her 99th b-day.

Raising my glass of MM46CS to your Grandma-in-law. Sorry for your loss, but at 99, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you she got to live a long life and lived through so many amazing times!

Prior to my toast, I started the night with a pour of ETL after getting home from bowling league.

Had some EHTSmB last night. Was a good one. I prefer the SB slightly. Tastes more refined to me compared to SmB.

After a couple of rye pours, I reached for the OGD BIB and wow...all honeysuckle and butterscotch for me tonight!

Poured a couple of glasses of the EW Master Distillers Select from the little crock thing for $20. Not a bad pour at all at first I thought it a bit underwhelming but it grew on me more and more as I continued.

enjoyed a pour of FRSiB tonight, though did not get very far on a presentation I'm working on.

98 WTRR 10/101 followed by an 89 Tom Moore BIB. The TM always seems to fit very well after a OWA or WT for some reason.

Started with Weller 12 again tonight but did not declare a wheater night. Following with Old Ezra 7yr 101 - from the bottle I purchased yesterday. Tasting a little more char than I remember from the couple bar pours I've had. I'm guessing this will subside the longer the bottle is open. Still enjoying it though. I'm thinking RRSB will be the capper on the evening.

Finished another bottle of KC SB. I have a lot of other bottles open but find myself reaching for KC more often than not. I'm glad it's on every shelf in every store in great quantities.

Had some 4RSB as last dram last night as well and I was blown away by the amount of lemon peel and herbal, gin-like flavours that I never got to that extend before. Is anybody else getting that notes?Paired with the sweetness and cedar wood flavours of the finish...Mind blowing!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.