What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2015!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Started with the Parkers tonight.

46d51f8d15920fe37edb951cc13526de.jpg

Will likely revisit it again. Highly recommended.

B

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Parker's 27, one of my all time favorites

Starting off the evening with some 4RSB as I watch my 'Hawks on MNF. Just got home from work and started up the DVR so I'm a little behind.

Killed off the last few ounces in a bottle of WTRB (108+). Quite lovely juice. Still making space for expected bottles from KCSB pick in September.

After a long, but good day at work, and a rehearsal with a new band, I am now relaxing with a pour of ECBP Hazmat, and Rock Hill Farms.

Despairing of making any serious inroads on my 4R 100 proof, I packed it in after a couple modest pours and now am working on a bit of OGD114.

Went on to an EC12/ECBP Vatting. Might be my favorite pour right now. Rest of the night will be some FRSB and lastly Blanton's Gold.

Doing a serious nosing session during the day today...

First pour up was my ECBP b6/EC12 blend (25/75) blend. Cherry cola, ample cinnamon, oak.

Next up in a 4R PS OESO. Honey glaze, maple, sugar.

At similar proof levels with moderate savory character, there are striking aroma differences between the two. My blend has more dimensions as well.

I don't always share Van Winkle 20yr with my family, but when I do, I don't mind when they mix it with Dr. Pepper.

I love them.

B

I don't always share Van Winkle 20yr with my family, but when I do, I don't mind when they mix it with Dr. Pepper.

I love them.

B

I almost carried my sb blend up stairs for a poor but decided to stick with the up stairs opens instead. larceny to start with bakers and BT:114 waiting on the counter for next up. Then it will be one of any opens in the cabinet which are all mostly premiums and high proofers so things might get interesting/fuzzy before long.

I don't always share Van Winkle 20yr with my family, but when I do, I don't mind when they mix it with Dr. Pepper. . . . .

Or diet ginger ale or whatever, family are a lot more important than a darn bottle of whisky.

You hit it straight on. Celebrating the life of my wife's grandmother. Service was today on what would have been her 99th b-day.

Beautiful day with the family in the Twin Cities. Couldn't ask for much better.

Hug your loved ones gents.....

B

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.