What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall 2015

Tony Santana
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I passed up saos10 at 61.better prices at a different store. Also passed up RRSiB  for 53 because I don't know pricing for that. I also passed up OGD114 AT 23 just because I have too many different bottles at home I want to try first.

Not by choice, but passed on everything because I struck out on a lottery. Full lineup of VW, BTAC, and 4RLE.

38 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

Not by choice, but passed on everything because I struck out on a lottery. Full lineup of VW, BTAC, and 4RLE.

I struck out at 2 lotteries today! Saw plenty of other tempting bottles, but I'm trying to curb my spending so I didn't buy anything.

I guess I didn't pass on anything I really wanted.  I would have picked up some of these if I had an unlimited whiskey budget.

Passed several recipes of Four Roses Barrel Strength @ $46.75, RHF @ $46.50, AECS (didn't ask price, wasn't interested), AE Rye (didn't ask price, wasn't interested).

Passed on Maker's 46 @ $25.99 and Woodford Reserve @ $28.98 . . . on sale at the local . . . just not that interested in these.

I passed on a Rock Hill Farms and Mitchers Sour Mash. Both have good reviews but since where I live alcohol can be pricey so I didn't want to take a risk and I stepped away from both. Which one would you choose?

7 minutes ago, SebastianLloyd said:

I passed on a Rock Hill Farms and Mitchers Sour Mash. Both have good reviews but since where I live alcohol can be pricey so I didn't want to take a risk and I stepped away from both. Which one would you choose?

I wouldn't hesitate buying a bottle of RHF, it is my favoritebourbon at the moment.  I have not tried any of the Mitchers products yet,  I think they are overpriced.

1 hour ago, SebastianLloyd said:

RHF is one of my favorite bourbons.  I luckily bunkered a few in '13 and '14 when I could still get them for $40ish.   And found another languishing on a shelf in Rome GA for $45 back in the spring.  Now I'm seeing it at $60+.   Just another sign the "Bourbon Boom" is alive and well.

5 hours ago, Golzee said:

I wouldn't hesitate buying a bottle of RHF, it is my favoritebourbon at the moment.  I have not tried any of the Mitchers products yet,  I think they are overpriced.

3 hours ago, GAbiker said:

RHF is one of my favorite bourbons.  I luckily bunkered a few in '13 and '14 when I could still get them for $40ish.   And found another languishing on a shelf in Rome GA for $45 back in the spring.  Now I'm seeing it at $60+.   Just another sign the "Bourbon Boom" is alive and well.

Thanks guys for the vote.

Saw some of the most insane prices I've seen yesterday -

RHF - $129

OFBB - $259

FRSB - $99

ETL - $99

Weller12 - $99

Needless to say, I passed on everything in the store. They also had bottles of BCBS (beer) for $35 each.

What? ! FRSB isn't even hard to find! I understand the other ones but the 4r doesn't even make sense! 

1 hour ago, b1gcountry said:

What? ! FRSB isn't even hard to find! I understand the other ones but the 4r doesn't even make sense! 

Yea, I was initially excited when I saw W12 and OFBB because I've been looking for those, but when I saw the prices, I thought better of it. Everything was just crazy expensive. JWDant BIB was over $50. 

I know it's a major metro area and rents/costs are higher, but this was just crazy. 

20 minutes ago, atbat82 said:

Yea, I was initially excited when I saw W12 and OFBB because I've been looking for those, but when I saw the prices, I thought better of it. Everything was just crazy expensive. JWDant BIB was over $50. 

I know it's a major metro area and rents/costs are higher, but this was just crazy. 

Crazy is not exactly what I'd call it - but they won't let me post the word I'm thinking of.  ETL is $34.95 here. FRSB is about $32.00.

Edited by starhopper

I would rather see something at $100 than not available at all, but I hope people are passing it up at that price.

14 hours ago, starhopper said:

Crazy is not exactly what I'd call it - but they won't let me post the word I'm thinking of.  ETL is $34.95 here. FRSB is about $32.00.

Oops - made a mistake.  The FRSB sells for around $41 in my neck of the woods.  It's the FRSmB that sells for $30-32

Edited by starhopper

Stagg Jr. for $60

Maker's Mark Cask Strength $69

Rock Hill Farms - price escapes me

I. W. Harper 15 $99

Ended up just purchasing a bottle of Smooth Ambler Old Scout 7 for $39.

While on the road today, I stopped in an out of the way store, in a not so great neighborhood.  I inquired about some decanters on the shelves and the discussion led to the owner pulling a couple of bottle out from behind the counter. 

While I appreciate the offer, I passed on two ORVW's @ $200 per... 

Passed on a Stagg Jr @ $89, glad I did as next store I stopped in had 2 x batch four for $46/ea.  

Same store was wanting $189 for a THS.  

2 hours ago, GAbiker said:

Michters Toasted Oak for $119.99

Good God. I wouldn't pay $20 for Toasted Oak.

Passed on a lot this week CEHT, RHF, several of High West variations, some 4rSBPS, a lot of "craft" stuff that I'm just not into enough to make the investment...

Passed on WT Master's Keep that showed up in my area recently.  Continued passing on the WT Diamond sitting next to it.  No gouging here in a control state, $150 for the MK and $125 for the Diamond, I just won't spend more than $100 on a single bottle of anything.  Even the $50 bottles have me thinking more than once with all the good stuff in the $25-$40 range.

I'll join the rest of the crowd scratching my head at WT's pricing strategy with their limiteds.

Edited by miller542

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.