What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall 2015

Tony Santana
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed on a bottle of ECBP (batch 9) today as it was $99.  The store owner regularly price gouges, so it was no surprise to me.

I passed on quite a bit today.  I believe pretty much all of the FR recipes, SOAS 9 Year Barrel Select, and several others.  I opted to purchase another Pikesville Rye.  My wife offered to buy me anything I wanted that I had not tried because it was too expensive.  I passed and told her that I would be happy another Blanton's or a few other standard bottles. 

I passed on an Eagle Rare Single Barrel...wound up getting a FR LE 2015. That is what I really wanted...

Passed on Stagg Jr. batch 3 at $60. I already have batch 4 and a friend has batch 3, so I can taste it there. Good to see it on the shelf though.

I have too many opened bottles at the time, six, so I passed on a Christmas gift set with a 750ml of Woodford Reserve and a Straithcairn glass for $32.

I'm visiting my parents for the holidays and so far passed up ETL for $35, and Stagg Jr batch #4 (tempting but don't have the room in my bags). 

Passed but not willingly.  One of the local Indy chains had an event tonight where they were selling Four Roses Single Barrel Selects (multiple recipes) for $29.99.  I don't know how many bottles they had available but they were requiring a purchase of 4 bottles to get that price.  I am not sure I have ever seen Barrel Selects priced that low.

Unfortunately, a major storm hit the Indy area just before the event was to start and I got delayed by other duties related to that.  If any of the Indy guys attended, it would be good to hear how it went and if they had sufficient product availability at that price.

I passed on some EW 2004 SB at slightly above state minimum.  I don't know if I should go back and get some.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Finally got the call for that Pappy 15 I have been wanting to get hubby.  But when I heard the price $750 I had no problem passing!  

All the overpriced BTAC and VW you could throw a stick at. ORVW ranged from $275 to $599. Passed on PHC Malt $199, M 10, $145

I passed on a store select RRSBSmB for $44.99 and a store select WTKS for $39.99.  I thought they were good prices.  I came home with an Evan Williams Egg Nog.  I know I can make my own but it was for my wife and she really likes this one. ;)

EC18 @ $249 and AECS @ $299. Store owner couldn't believe it when I said I'll pass...  I have never been able to score an older EC, so was pretty disappointed 

Passed on the first 2007 EWSB we've received.  Age is dropping like a rock on these.   Late night and have been drinking a few sweet drams, but believe it was only little over 8 YO.  Wasn't the price (same), just that I have some 2002's, 3's and 4's I haven't finished....and the age to be honest.

10 hours ago, GAbiker said:

Passed on the first 2007 EWSB we've received.  Age is dropping like a rock on these.   Late night and have been drinking a few sweet drams, but believe it was only little over 8 YO.  Wasn't the price (same), just that I have some 2002's, 3's and 4's I haven't finished....and the age to be honest.

Thank goodness I am well stocked with several 2003 and 2004 bottlings at around 10 years old, as I think the EWSB really sings at 10 years old, and just isn't compelling at the ever shrinking age.  Frankly, I have a couple of bottles left of a 10 year 8 month barrel from 2003, that I bet would beat many higher priced, and higher proofed bottles of bourbon.  I guess HH gotta do what it gotta do, but this 8 year business is really disappointing.

3 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

The 2007 is out already? I still haven't tried the 2006.

At the rate they are going, we may see the 2011's soon. :lol::(

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

At the rate they are going, we may see the 2011's soon. :lol::(

I guess this is one way to find out when the boom has peaked.

OWA for $28.99.  I just recently bought a bottle for $22.99.  I'm trying not to turn into a hoarder.  If anybody wants the location send me a pm. The store had a few bottles mixed in their bourbon pile.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.