What bourbon are you enjoying? Winter 2015/16!

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Relaxing after a hard week at work. Warming up with a JBDC. I really love this stuff. It has been a while since I've had one of these.

Cheers SB!

got a nice double rocks glass with the JBDC.

WLWeller 12 to get my evening started after a looooong day at work. A man has to reward himself now and then!

Started with some Weller 12 before opting to change gears with some dusty OGD 8yr BIB.  While I'll cry when the last of this is gone, I'm going to slowly sip and smile until then :)

Having a little WTMK before a gig tonight.  It's been at least a month since I've had some of this, and am really enjoying it tonight!

Wild Turkey Tradition (14 year, 101 proof) this evening.  This is a bottle I had left sealed for a couple of years, and just recently opened.  It's opening up a bit, and a solid bourbon.  Rich and viscous, lots of oak. 

I recently picked up a new bottle of OSSB (#1888), I've been so impressed with some of these barrels. This is a very good bourbon. Now I've moved onto a store solect ER 10y. 

It's my brothers birthday so I cracked open the '15 Lot B!

Was really thinking about trading it off since there's so much hype, but thought to hell with profits since I'd never had any VW products. First impressions? It's okay, but that's it. Very smooth, drinkable, and sweet (maybe that's the appeal to some, but I'm a proof whore), but not by any means amazing. Worth the 65 I bought it for? probably so. Worth secondary? HELL no.

Edited by taddraughn

2nd period. Hawks up 1-0 Book it! Bookers c07-xxx with a small ice cube.it's interesting the way it starts off sinking but starts floating after it melts some

4 days of palate rest have done wonders for the 4R OESK Private Selection I bought a couple weeks ago. It actually matches the description on the neck tag "Spicy and full bodied" which is different from the last OESK I had. (Granted, that was about two years ago.......) When I first tried this, it had a lot of root beer on the finish. Not getting that now.

Having a little Weller 12 while watching the Steelers/Bengals game.  Haven't had any in quite a while...been drinking SB Blend mostly lately.  Forgot how much I like the finish and age on this 12 YO Wheater...

That reminds me I have a SB blend I need to revisit that I haven't touched since I can't find a W12 to go with my OWA107.  I am in a wheater mood tonight also: MM46 to start and some Larceny in the glass now.

Edited by fozzy71
wtf these new forums are dumb

9 minutes ago, MIDirtyBastard said:

WTRB tonight and lots of honey coming through, delicious.

Thanks for the reminder, I decided on a pour of this now myself.  Not sure where you taste honey in this but I can never pick flavors out of wonderful bourbon

2 hours ago, fozzy71 said:

That reminds me I have a SB blend I need to revisit that I haven't touched since I can't find a W12 to go with my OWA107.  I am in a wheater mood tonight also: MM46 to start and some Larceny in the glass now.

Fozzy send me a  PM.  I've got a couple extra WL 12 that I'd trade.

opened and tried the Blanton's SFTB last night - what a wonderful bourbon!  Seems crazy to me that BT wouldn't bottle and sell this in the US when they could easily sell what they produce...

16 hours ago, Paddy said:

OBSQ @ 120 proof...

ARRRRGH!!!!  I am so jealous.  I ran out months ago and have not YET replenished my OBSQ.

Last night during Steelers-Bengals (GREAT game - thanks - especially since I didn't care who won), it was Larceny and WSR (even though I usually don't switch in mid-stream).  What is it about wheated bourbons?  I thought they were Summer sips?

Today is GB-Skins.  In honor of a GB fan I am sure will be watching today (hello, Paul), I filled up the 375ml decanter in my trash can next to my TV chair (really an old WTRB bottle) with WT101 - WHICH, BTW, I've already started draining during the preliminary game: Hawks-Vikings.

• p_elliott locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!