What bourbon are you enjoying? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, Flyfish said:

Got my $20 rebate so celebrated with a generous pour of Larceny.

See!  That didn't take long. :D  Ya gotta have faith in the process ...and your crayons...:lol:

ER10 has been fantastic lately. One pour left in the bottle. 

A return to the cult with a fine pour of 4RSiB.

A night cap of RRSiB.

Peach Street Distillers' Colorado Bourbon, 92 proof. It's craft, and tastes like it..... But it is fairly good for a craft, but that's setting the bar pretty low.

OGD114 for the first time... I like it! If not for many of you on here I'd have probably passed it by. 

The rest of the un-opened...

image.png

Just opened an old 1792 RR single barrel for a store near my house.  Seems like a really nice barrel so far.  Really epic nose, actually.

Binnys PS OWA tonight. Might add a splash a water, haven't decided yet.  I'm gonna make some headway into a book I am reading, depending on how it goes, I may have some rare breed or 1792 later.  Cheers 

21 hours ago, flahute said:

ER10 has been fantastic lately. One pour left in the bottle. 

A return to the cult with a fine pour of 4RSiB.

A night cap of RRSiB.

^^^That's some good work right there!  ER10 has been sooooo spot on... I'm about 1/2 into my second handle of it in the past 5 or 6 weeks.  :D

9 hours ago, MTNBourbon said:

Some OGD 114 tonight:

IMG_0127_zpstyrj40yc.jpg

IMG_0132_zpsgjdcbygt.jpg

IMG_0134_zpso5dnq4qo.jpg

Awesome pictures by the way. I'm envoying some GTS 2015. Cheers!

After attending a great tasting of Kilchoman Islay Scotch as part of their 2016 East Coast tour last night (got to meet Anthony Wills, Founder, and his two sons, "appropriately" dressed in kilts and blazers), I had a healthy pour of RHF followed by my first taste of the 1792 Full Proof.  The 1792 (62.5 ABV) was a big surprise with great flavor and mouthfeel that overcame any palate fatigue of the evening.  Maybe the RHF helped revived the taste buds, too?   ;)

SWMBO said I slept like a baby and didn't snore once through the night (at least not that she noticed).    :lol:   

4 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Awesome pictures by the way. I'm envoying some GTS 2015. Cheers!

Thanks.

4RSB  GS Rutledge selected OESF. I have been away from these awhile during the summer heat and while exploring other pours but damn does it reset the bar coming "home".  I have had the extreme good fortune of trying several very well regarded bourbons over the years and have had many outstanding experiences. These 4RSBs are on even footing with anything I have ever had, just wonderful whiskey, cult card punched, mic dropped. 

Elijah craig 12, very nice. This bourbon took 7 months to come around and open up. I get intense butterscotch, spice, honey, brown sugar, dried fruits. Very rich with a medium long finish.

c2cd1d8e79a7ead34feb2b4e9d000a17.jpg

Elijah Craig 12 was a great value that defied the market for a long time! Opened this handle last night. Hope you bought some for later bdrinker. I know I did!

image.jpeg

SAOS 10 yr the other night. Just a fantastic bourbon. Also had my first Jim Beam Single Barrel and re-visited Baker's, which I haven't had for a long-time. These were just drinks at a bar with friends, so can't really qualify as SBS tasting, but I thought the SAOS 10 yr blew the others away.

Had some Stagg Jr last night, and my was it hitting the spot.  Now I just need to find the current batch, bc I only have about two pours left in my current bottle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.