What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OFBB at 84.99. I know it is probably overpriced but my local store owner calls me so rarely with LEs that I hate to turn him down.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Stumbled on and grabbed a 1.75 of 8 yr 1792RR - a sentimental favorite as it re-introduced me to bourbon as something other than a mixer with Coke.  Goes in the mini-bunker with the others to stretch the enjoyment out over the coming years - or at least until Barton starts releasing enough FP, SB, or SW versions of 1792 to actually make it to shelves.

20160929_225739.thumb.jpg.a12c7254bad456

Finally ran into one of these in the wild. Love the 7 yr. Looking forward to trying this one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Found an old bottle of W. L. Weller today. 90 proof, 7 years old. - No mention of "Special Reserve" or anything. Just a plain 7yo, 45%, with a green screw-top.

I don't really like wheated bourbons, but when I find a dusty, at an affordable price, I'm sold.

Sent from my Typewriter using Ink

18 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Scooped up an additional OWA, though I have several in the bunker.    ...A 'relationship' buy from my main retailer.

Ha! did that exact thing yesterday, same bottle... Also grabbed a couple BT Bourbon Creams while I was at it for good measure.  

Picked up 1792 full proof, for $40 which seems like a fair value.  Drinks a bit hot but a drop of water fixes that issue. 

Two bottles of OWA and KCSB 9year.  Figure grab another one since it's losing the age.  Not a private barrel selection like my current bottle though.

16 hours ago, Hop said:

Though I told myself I didn't need it I bought 3 more ECBP at $49.99ea

Yup, that would be really tough to pass up. I picked up a bottle of the 136* for 59.99 a week ago and was glad to find it.

Scored a bottle of Colonel EH Taylor seasoned wood For $68

smooth ambler 7 for $40

and a bottle of buff trace to restock my shelf. 

On a bit of a HH roll this week... McKenna 10 yr BIB and a Parker's 10th Ed. Guess some things were meant to be.

On 9/28/2016 at 8:56 PM, raymoall said:

Finally found a bottle of ETL which had been absent from the shelves here. Glad to have a familiar face back, but did notice the price wasn't so familiar.

How much?

22 hours ago, Thig said:

OFBB at 84.99. I know it is probably overpriced but my local store owner calls me so rarely with LEs that I hate to turn him down.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Had some at Bourbon's Bistro a couple of weeks ago, and IMHO it's worth every penny. I'd love to find a bottle and from what I've heard from others that's not a bad price.

Under the category of "knee jerk reaction", after seeing Blanton's going for $70 or more at a few stores lately I jumped on a bottle on sale for $54.99 at a local grocery store. Seemed like the appropriate thing to do....

Had some at Bourbon's Bistro a couple of weeks ago, and IMHO it's worth every penny. I'd love to find a bottle and from what I've heard from others that's not a bad price.

Under the category of "knee jerk reaction", after seeing Blanton's going for $70 or more at a few stores lately I jumped on a bottle on sale for $54.99 at a local grocery store. Seemed like the appropriate thing to do....

Blanton's is a great bourbon, I haven't seen it that low around me.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, JTaylor said:

How much?

Well, should have known the LARA price, but was so excited to see it. Store charged about a $15 premium -- so $49. 

Honestly thought it was the going rate in state with all the price increases.

7 hours ago, raymoall said:

Well, should have known the LARA price, but was so excited to see it. Store charged about a $15 premium -- so $49. 

Honestly thought it was the going rate in state with all the price increases.

Yeah, I have the LARA list bookmarked in my phone and it comes in handy often. It is certainly fun to find a LE, and then to find it selling for state minimum price!! :) But in this case I'd have paid the premium... I'd have been pissed, but for ETL, the excitement of finding it would outweigh the anger over the price.  I've certainly paid more for what I've found to be lesser bourbon!

Same here. Was only bummed for a little while.There were 6 more on the shelf at a store in Sterling Heights...might still be some left. Let me know if you're nearby and want the name. Traveling thru Indiana for business in a couple of weeks. Going to check if any stores have it-- prices definitely cheaper on lots of bourbon in that state. 

30 minutes ago, raymoall said:

Same here. Was only bummed for a little while.There were 6 more on the shelf at a store in Sterling Heights...might still be some left. Let me know if you're nearby and want the name. Traveling thru Indiana for business in a couple of weeks. Going to check if any stores have it-- prices definitely cheaper on lots of bourbon in that state. 

Yep! I live just North of the Indiana/Ohio line, my primary store is in Indiana. They do quite a few store selections too. Just picked up a RRSB they picked and went right back for a second! Very tasty!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.