What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Another buyer for ER10 for two reasons....1. Great reviews on here lately 2. Anything with an age statement is becoming rare....it's just a matter of time it seems before they all are NAS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

What's NAS? Sorry... Just trying to keep up with all the acronyms on this site[emoji23]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, morebourbon85 said:

What's NAS? Sorry... Just trying to keep up with all the acronyms on this siteemoji23.png

No Age Statement

No Age Statement

Gotcha. I may have to pick up a few more at that price just in case. There's another place around here that sells it for practically double cause it's not always easy to find.

Buffalo Trace. $27 and sightings are becoming rare. Actually went back in to see if any Weller 12 made it to the shelf so I could get a second bottle, but they had sold out...this was a nice consolation prize. Haven't had it in a while. 

Store picks of standard 4R1B and Dickel 9yr at $40 each, threw in a JD Rye on sale for $38 based on the favorable reviews I've read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found three bottles (750ml) of EC12 (age statement on the back) today, bought two of them for the bunker.  Left the third fo the next time I go buy and need to find a gem.  BTW - $27.99/each.

20 hours ago, morebourbon85 said:

What's NAS? Sorry... Just trying to keep up with all the acronyms on this siteemoji23.png

20 hours ago, BottledInBond said:

No Age Statement

20 hours ago, morebourbon85 said:

Gotcha. I may have to pick up a few more at that price just in case. There's another place around here that sells it for practically double cause it's not always easy to find.

Anything that has been underlined with a series of dots such as NAS in your first post is an acronym that has already been defined. If you hover the pointer over it then it will tell you what it means. Another example would be ER10 in the post before.

They both are underlined again in this post once it has been submitted and saved.

Edited by tanstaafl2

Several (but not "all" because my wife was with me) KC "9yr" on sale, a Tom's Foolery 3 yr straight (which I've never had), and a store pick ER (and I like their picker so this was a no brainer @ $30).  Passed on a store pick Blanton's @ $60 (because I already have two from another store).  But, I did pick up the box and put it down a couple of times.

What's the freakin deal with Texas man? I bought another bottle of EWSB today that I really don't need just because I keep going into the store looking for a special fall release but of course nothing still!!

i really thought that at least the birthday bourbon or 4RsmB LE would have made it down here by now. I'll tell ya, my luck is shit.

brighter note, at least I got some 4R private selects to sip from still. Enjoying this OBSQ tonight

26 minutes ago, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

What's the freakin deal with Texas man? I bought another bottle of EWSB today that I really don't need just because I keep going into the store looking for a special fall release but of course nothing still!!

i really thought that at least the birthday bourbon or 4RsmB LE would have made it down here by now. I'll tell ya, my luck is shit.

brighter note, at least I got some 4R private selects to sip from still. Enjoying this OBSQ tonight

For some reason Texas seems to often get its allocations much later than most of the rest of the country. 

I coach my daughter's 11 y.o. soccer team. One of girls' dads owns a liquor store. He's not a whiskey guy but I gave him a wish list a few weeks ago. Tonight he told me that his distributor came through with this year's Parker's Heritage. Even better, I get it at his cost of $200. I pick it up tomorrow. Super psyched.

1 hour ago, elmossle said:

It was another bottle of Rebel Yell 10yr SB for me today. Amazed how good this stuff is.

that makes me feel better about my purchase of RY10SB today.  can't wait to crack it open to try out.

7 hours ago, Charlutz said:

I coach my daughter's 11 y.o. soccer team. One of girls' dads owns a liquor store. He's not a whiskey guy but I gave him a wish list a few weeks ago. Tonight he told me that his distributor came through with this year's Parker's Heritage. Even better, I get it at his cost of $200. I pick it up tomorrow. Super psyched.

Oh Hell Yeah!    A chance to own, experience and share a 24-year-old Bourbon put up by Parker Beam?   At Wholesale???   Definite windfall!    Good for you Char!    Enjoy!

Picked up a 12+ year old private barrel of Knob Creek as well as a Stagg Jr.  Calling it a good day.

14 hours ago, elmossle said:

It was another bottle of Rebel Yell 10yr SB for me today. Amazed how good this stuff is.

Is the RY 10YOSB a year-long offering, or is it a seasonal offering (once it sells out thats all until next time, maybe...)?

20161012_140442.thumb.jpg.ebb3a4a14e9e27

Passed on it yesterday but pulled the trigger today thanks to some research and feedback from some of you....and it was the last one on the shelf and not sure when/if I would see it again.....haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

A bottle of Wild turkey 12 yo. 

WT12.jpg

OOOOOOOOH!    That will be some stellar Bourbon, my friend.    You may officially color me envious (if you can remember where that outline drawing of me is to be found...HA!). 

I would say something like; "Enjoy"... but, that just seems superfluous.

No purchase today, but I was in a store that had the shelf stocked with NAS Knob Creek. May have to begin my bunkering of 9YR sooner than expected. 

1 minute ago, JTaylor said:

HMcK 10yo BIB, ER10 SB store selection, 4R SB OESK store selection, and a ECBP 136.

Really? HMcK isn't defined?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.