What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I purchased a Booker's "Toogie's Invitation" ($40) and a Knob Creek 9 yr ($23) form Ace Spirits on line. Had I bought these two in my local ABC they would've run me about $109 out the door. From Ace even with $24 shipping (plus a $5 first time buyer coupon code) I got them both for just under $82. That's $27 cheaper than my state's ABC! I've never had the Booker's and I'm really looking forward to it.

4 hours ago, BDanner said:

I purchased a Booker's "Toogie's Invitation" ($40) and a Knob Creek 9 yr ($23) form Ace Spirits on line. Had I bought these two in my local ABC they would've run me about $109 out the door. From Ace even with $24 shipping (plus a $5 first time buyer coupon code) I got them both for just under $82. That's $27 cheaper than my state's ABC! I've never had the Booker's and I'm really looking forward to it.

I saw the recommendation in this forum for Booker's novices to try the "Toogies Invitation" first.  Now on my radar as well.  Let us know how you like it.

Just a simple bottle of Russell's Reserve for 25.99.  Been a while since I've had it and I'm looking forward to this evening.

5 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

That is pretty good stuff at $20 or less.  NAS FC is apparently pretty bad, but I have a bottle of the 6 year open and several 6 years in the bunker.  A solid budget pour.

Excellent assessment - 

Elmer T Lee at $37 + tax.

YYYUMMMM!!!

Picked up a few myself! Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

That is pretty good stuff at $20 or less.  NAS FC is apparently pretty bad, but I have a bottle of the 6 year open and several 6 years in the bunker.  A solid budget pour.

They actually had about 10 of them on the shelf, so if I find it agrees with me I'm planning to head back and grab a few more for bunkering

Been a lurker for a while........

Saw my local costco had Bookers at $39.99 and EW Black at 19.19 for a 1.75, so grabbed one of each for a chili bonfire this weekend, and a 1.75 of KC just 'cause

Dick

Edited by Whiskey Dick

On 11/8/2016 at 4:41 PM, justataste said:

Just a simple bottle of Russell's Reserve for 25.99.  Been a while since I've had it and I'm looking forward to this evening.

What did you think? I've been looking at this one on the shelf at the local store but haven't pulled the trigger. Thinking about getting one this Friday.

On the road and picked up a couple 4R ps bottles OBSO AND OESF 2 of my favorite recipes and it looks like that OBSO was the last that the LS had. 

11 hours ago, neel1109 said:

Picked up some bottles on the bourbon trail this past weekend. Got to hand dip my own bottle of Maker's. 

IMG_0319 (1).JPG

Getting to dip a bottle of Maker's is a fun experience for.  A  bourbon enthusiast.

I have only two bottles of bourbon prominently displayed in my home. One is a Maker's my Brother hand dipped for me as a gift, the other is the one I got to hand dip on my trip. (With my brother on his 2nd trip). 

Edited by Wedelstaedt
Just edit

I made a Costco run earlier and was able to pick up a 1L of the 'new' Kirkland 7 year old ($29.99) and a Booker's ($39.99).  The great price on the Booker's was too good to pass! 

Grabbed a Rebel Yell SB 10yr today after looking for one for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

Picked up an ECBP for $55 today. I always buy them when I see them, no matter what.

While I used to agree with this stance, I've started seeing bottles priced in the $80-$90 range at multiple stores, which is just too much in my opinion. It used to be awesome finding these for $45, and I bought one recently for $65, but that is about as high as I will go

Snagged a FC103 6yr today.....too good to pass up for the price, esp since it still had the age statement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

While I used to agree with this stance, I've started seeing bottles priced in the $80-$90 range at multiple stores, which is just too much in my opinion. It used to be awesome finding these for $45, and I bought one recently for $65, but that is about as high as I will go

Yeah, I haven't seen ECBP for $45 since batch 1. Prices seem to have stabilized around here in the $70 range, but I certainly see it higher. Occasionally I get lucky and find it for $60. With the BTAC all but impossible to find these days, this has become the next best thing for me.

Anyways, I bought a bottle of OF 1920 today for $60. I couldn't pass it up after reading positive reviews here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the city (Baltimore) yesterday and stopped by a store I don't often get the chance to visit. Picked up an ETL for $35 and two 1L WT101 ryes for $40 each. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.