What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

13 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Umm, OK - thanks!   :D

DITTO!!!  The cheapest I have seen the THH in WashDC is $199.  I passed but I cannot tell you why.

Not as good as my neighbor ccleve, but I was happy to get a bottle for $110. Months of regular visits and chatting with the owner paid off. I've bought some things at his store before but not a heavy purchaser, so my investment was mostly time. I very much appreciated the chance to buy. I also bought a RY10 for $51. 

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Charlutz said:

Not as good as my neighbor ccleve, but I was happy to get a bottle for $110. Months of regular visits and chatting with the owner paid off. I've bought some things at his store before but not a heavy purchaser, so my investment was mostly time. I very much appreciated the chance to buy. I also bought a RY10 for $51. 

image.jpeg

Very Nice!

Nothing really special but was in SC last week and saw this one on a clearance table - tried but couldn't stop myself from getting an age stated "handle" of Beam White

Beam7.JPG

3 hours ago, KyleCBreese said:

Found 2 bottles of the 2016 4R LE SmB for $99 each. 

Nice find!  We only had a few bottles some through town, so I had to time things just right to get one.

Picked up a OWA today for $29.99.  Hadn't seen any on the self for a while so it was a no brainer buy.  For some reason, I'm more likely to buy something when it's the last bottle on the shelf (like this OWA was today) even though there may be more in back.  The thought of getting the last one makes me feel like I won some kind of prize.  Silly, I know, but it's the little things in life, right? :)

While in the motherland the past few days, I picked up two WFE 14yr bourbons and came home with some barrel proof OF from the barrel we picked. (Unsanctioned filling of a plastic water bottle). Also have some EC samples from the barrels we picked but those were proofed down to bottling proof by HH for us. 

Found a Noe Secret Booker's for ~$50, grabbed a Baker's for ~$35, and picked up another EC12 (age on back label) on sale at ~$22 for the bunker.

38 minutes ago, beasled said:

4R SmB LE 2016, Henry McKenna 10 and 2 x Old Grand Dad 114. Not bad for a Monday. 

Not bad for ANY day!    All excellent pours for the cheddar asked; though the 4-R may have been pretty dear.

17 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Not bad for ANY day!    All excellent pours for the cheddar asked; though the 4-R may have been pretty dear.

It was, but thankfully no more than it usually is around these parts. 

Picked up what I consider a phenomenal KC store pick over the weekend. I was walking out of the store before I realized he sold it to me at a considerable discount. I ran back in and thanked him. I realize KC isn't everyone's cup of tea, but where else can you get 120pf AS bourbon for less than $40?

Old Grandad 114 x 5 for $10.95 per bottle +tax. Best deal I have found. Good thing people don't know how good this bottle is.????????

Old Grandad 114 x 5 for $10.95 per bottle +tax. Best deal I have found. Good thing people don't know how good this bottle is.????????

That was a steal! It had to be old stock. It cost the stores more than that these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ryber70 said:

Great find!  It does happen once in awhile.

1 hour ago, Ryber70 said:

Great find!  It does happen once in awhile.

Drove to a store in town who had posted on their FB page 2 hrs earlier that they had a surprised delivery of THH (1 bottle) in the morning.  It was gone when I got there.  But I did find a SAOS 10year Cask Strength (118.6 proof).  So I decided to give it a good home.  Walked away from 3 bottles of MWND 4.1 for $90/ea.  I may go back tomorrow as I am having second thoughts and leaning towards buying/trying it.

Picked up four bottles of OGD114 today at $21.95 per, which is the lowest price that can be found in my neck of the woods.

BigD

Came across a FC 103 that still had the 6 year age statement on it for $20. Haven't had it before, but at that price I figured it was worth a try.

23 minutes ago, no proof said:

Came across a FC 103 that still had the 6 year age statement on it for $20. Haven't had it before, but at that price I figured it was worth a try.

That is pretty good stuff at $20 or less.  NAS FC is apparently pretty bad, but I have a bottle of the 6 year open and several 6 years in the bunker.  A solid budget pour.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.