What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OF 1920 yesterday and 2X Rebel Yell SB 10 today.  Have kept my hands in my pockets lately but curiosity got the better of me with these.  Have to admit that I am looking forward to the RY10.

38 minutes ago, El Vino said:

OF 1920 yesterday and 2X Rebel Yell SB 10 today.  Have kept my hands in my pockets lately but curiosity got the better of me with these.  Have to admit that I am looking forward to the RY10.

I really like the RY10. Purchased a couple last week for the bunker. 

My Father wanted to go on a bourbon run this evening. I picked up OGD 114 x5, OGD BIB, Jim Beam BIB, WT Rye 101. All under $28.

2 minutes ago, Andy1824 said:

I really like the RY10. Purchased a couple last week for the bunker. 

I haven't come across any RY10 on my travels and PA doesn't have it listed on their website. Hopefully it pops up soon.

Got a Rebel Yell 10 year.  Also picked up a couple of dusty Fighting Cock 6 year age stated to give a try.

Picked up another Bookers "Noe's Secret" for $50 today!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 11/2/2016 at 9:15 AM, JTaylor said:

while in the store I received an email from the Manager (he wasn't on site) asking if I'd be interested in an EC18 for $124. I'm doomed... since he got me the Handy and a W12 a couple weeks ago I feel the need to take just about any LE's that he offers me just to stay on the list. Plus I've never had it so I had to say yes anyway... right? :unsure:

You may want to try a sample of EC18 before buying.  Some people like it, others do not. It's not a "slam dunk" purchase sight unseen to me.

On 10/15/2016 at 5:51 AM, beasled said:

4R Small Batch limited 2016 has landed. Picked a couple up.

FRSmBLE 2016 hiding in a bunch of FRSmB bottles (heh, heh) - some days it's better to be lucky than good, no?   :lol:

4 hours ago, Kepler said:

You may want to try a sample of EC18 before buying.  Some people like it, others do not. It's not a "slam dunk" purchase sight unseen to me.

Had a generous pour of EC18 at Whiskey Wednesday nite - me likee lots!   And $124 is a great price ($149.99 if you can find it around here).   :)

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

FRSmBLE 2016 hiding in a bunch of FRSmB bottles (heh, heh) - some days it's better to be lucky than good, no?   :lol:

That's  awesome! Was it intentionally out there, or was it a mistake?

Edited by gtg1

15 hours ago, BDanner said:

Across the river in Brunswick, but I was in town for my weekly Trader Joe's run yesterday. I'm surprised to see the Henry Mack back on sale. I think they just ran it for $25 in August or September. I picked up 3 bottles that month. I also picked up an OGD 114 for the bunker this week.

That's the first ETL I've seen in NC in over a year!  Nice find!  Hope I can run into some of that soon.

6 hours ago, Kepler said:

I hear ya... and a couple months ago I would have passed, but I've been building a relationship with this guy since last fall, and this year he set aside for me  a W12, and a Thomas H. Handy Rye. If it means one of these days he may call me with a Pappy or I stay on his radar for BTAC bottles, then for now I'm in! 

15 hours ago, JTaylor said:

He got six in and held two for me @ State minimum $36

IMG_1241.JPG

Very Nice!

Barrell Bourbon batch 9..... A bit pricey and I was skeptical but i'm glad I bought it, tons of flavor and a unique flavor profile if you ask me.

Picked up a few off the shelf today (OK, so maybe it was own "special" shelf!) but only one Bourbon, the 2016 FRSmBLE. The others were the new and pricey CB "3yo" and a new Hennessy cognac that was supposedly blended with whiskey drinkers in mind. A bit thin at 86 pf but very different from bland big house cognac. But I don't think it will supplant bourbon anytime soon!

Compass Box 3yo Four Roses 2016 small batch Hennessy cognac.JPGFour Roses 2016 LE small batch front.JPGFour Roses 2016 LE small batch back.JPG

Would love to try some 16yo OESK on its own!

11 hours ago, gtg1 said:

That's  awesome! Was it intentionally out there, or was it a mistake?

I'm sure it was a mistake, but the computer caught up with me - $94.99 OTD.  But I'm still a happy camper find one for sale around here.   :ph34r: 

good day today.  took home a case of rebel yr 10yr and three stagg jr batch 7.  oh and a havana club dark for that occasional rum and coke fix.

12 hours ago, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

Barrell Bourbon batch 9..... A bit pricey and I was skeptical but i'm glad I bought it, tons of flavor and a unique flavor profile if you ask me.

That's supposed to be a good one!

I picked up RHF (x2) and a handle of O Fitz BIB today.

6 hours ago, GeeTen said:

I'm sure it was a mistake, but the computer caught up with me - $94.99 OTD.  But I'm still a happy camper find one for sale around here.   :ph34r: 

I think you stole it at that price...

3 hours ago, gtg1 said:

I think you stole it at that price...

Umm, OK - thanks!   :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.