What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up my first online purchase at my local abc store. The first pour of a new bottle. I must say pretty good to me 

image.jpeg

Ran by my go-to local shop in hopes of taking home a bottle of Old Forester 1920... Wasn't disappointed! Looking forward to breaking into this!

Finally got a bottle of CEHSB at a grand opening.  Excited to try it.  Also finally found EW bonded.  Not sure why it was so hard..  They had Stagg Jr but I'm not at barrel proof yet. 

Finally got a bottle of CEHSB at a grand opening.  Excited to try it.  Also finally found EW bonded.  Not sure why it was so hard..  They had Stagg Jr but I'm not at barrel proof yet. 

You don't have to be at barrel proof to enjoy it, do like the distilleries do and knock the proof down a little with some water. Not many on here drink a 136 proof with at least a few drops of water.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Hop said:

Nice pickups this week @$helby - I got a call from a list I went on about two years ago for a ORVW here in NC as well and just got a call from another store for a bottle of EC18 - not that I don't like it or wasn't interested but not something I was chasing since I have a couple already but when your local Store Manager supports you then you need to support them...

For other NC buyers - I just noticed that ECBP is having a price increase on 11/1 to $54.99 from $49.99 so if you see it and are on the fence that might just push you over...

I totally agree with the support issue.   That's how I ended up with another AB Gingerbread Cocoa.    He specially ordered a case in for me.  I originally bought 2 bottles of the six.    When I went in this time he still had 3 left so I bought another.    Guess if he still has two left in a couple of weeks, I will buy one more.   It sure helps that I genuinely like it! 

Purchased 2 Four Roses Small Batch LE 2016 at €95 each (I'm glad it was not only 1 per custumer). Today is a good day. Cheers! 

12 hours ago, MOwhisky4me said:

Ran by my go-to local shop in hopes of taking home a bottle of Old Forester 1920... Wasn't disappointed! Looking forward to breaking into this!

I got two yesterday and cracked one open. 

Really good stuff. Little pricy though

15 hours ago, BobbieJoe said:

I picked up my first online purchase at my local abc store. The first pour of a new bottle. I must say pretty good to me 

image.jpeg

That's a nice one.

Grabbed a Bib and Tucker, EH Taylor Single Barrel and a 4R Single Barrel Private Selection.  Earlier this week.  Opened the 4R and am really enjoying it.  Interested in Trying the Bib and Tucker.  

22 hours ago, BobbieJoe said:

image.jpeg

That is now one of my favorites. Really good neat, but a splash really opens it up.

1 hour ago, Richdel said:

That's a nice haul. Enjoy!

Thanx!    I KNOW I'll enjoy the Booker's, and I expect to find the OF1920 at least interesting.

The OFBB has been a puzzle so far (one very small pour only).     Nose was excellent!    Palate, however, skewed waaay toward citrus rind.   Not a big fan, yet.      This may improve with some air in the bottle.    We shall see.

38 minutes ago, Richnimrod said:

Thanx!    I KNOW I'll enjoy the Booker's, and I expect to find the OF1920 at least interesting.

The OFBB has been a puzzle so far (one very small pour only).     Nose was excellent!    Palate, however, skewed waaay toward citrus rind.   Not a big fan, yet.      This may improve with some air in the bottle.    We shall see.

I think I posted something in the premium section OFBB thread about this. My thoughts exactly were that the nose was great, and then the palate/finish were a letdown. Dry. Just not great, for something that has doubled in MSRP over 3 years from $40 to $80 basically. And even with that hike still super hard to find this year. I think I'm done with OFBB until something changes for the better.

750 ml of OGD114 for only $16 or so seemed like as good a reason as any to get reacquainted with it.

750 ml of OGD114 for only $16 or so seemed like as good a reason as any to get reacquainted with it.

Wow! That is an unbelievably great price!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Postal Grunt said:

Awesome price. Enjoy!

Saw Bowman Bros on the shelf for the first time so I picked one up to give it a try, but the real excitement came when the manager told me he had ETL coming in next week and asked me if I'd like him to hold one for me! I held up two fingers and he said ok! Been a long time...

I picked up an OGD BIB for $18 sale price to try and reassure myself that I won't really miss OGD 114 as much as I think. Yeah....I'm gonna' miss OGD 114 as much or more than I think. :(

Got two handles of a store pick Buffalo Trace, a handle of Weller 12, and some HWMWND.

Gonna' be a good weekend.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.