What bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2016

Paddy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 hours ago, jasmorg1075 said:

My wife gifted me a 2016 OFBB for my birthday yesterday. She sure is a special lady.

Good for you!    ...And good for HER!!!!    A wife that really knows the way to her husband's heart is indeed a special lady.    Cheers to you both!

Got a family size EC12 for $60 and a 1792 store pick for $32, both before tax. Jealous of the parts of the country where you can score OFBB and W12. Congrats to you brothers who got them!

Took another trip to Georgia and ended up with these three hitch hikers. Owner of the store also offered to take my number for some PVW, he's expecting soon, here's to hoping.

f002f07f1ae6647b1f6e22953a42c432.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I was down in the Texas hill country for the weekend.  I like to get something different when I shop for vacation bourbons, something I either have never had before or something I don't usually carry on my bar (preferably able to find something I can't get at home).  I went with the age-stated Fighting Cock 6 year old in Bastop, TX, which I enjoyed immensely this weekend.  Great value.

Edited by dcbt

Went out yesterday meaning to grab a BT for myself and one for my niece's husband, Mike. Turns out Mike had already bought one, so I ended up with with both. ;) I stopped at another place just 'cause, and found a surprise I'd never seen there before. SAOS 7. I ended up buying two. Both were bargains. The BT's were $21.99 each, and believe it or not, the SAOS 7's were $26.99 each. :o Every once in a while.

Cheers! Joe

new.jpg

Managed to get a bottle of FRSmB LE 2016.  The store got four in at 10am and I was the second person to pick one up by 12:00pm.  I'm guessing the other two probably went to the bars.

Edited by Journeyman

I planned on picking up some scotch today but ended up getting an FRSB OESV instead. And, not a bourbon, but I stumbled upon a HWMND, which naturally came home with me as well.

Looks like it was Willett day at total wine. They had Pot Still, Noah's Mill, Johnny Drum, and 80 and 90 proof Old Bardstown.  I grabbed a 90 proof OB. Guess this is a new label? They had it on the "allocated" shelf. Was under $20. They also had AE and AERye.

20161101_124831.jpg

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Looks like it was Willett day at total wine. They had Pot Still, Noah's Mill, Johnny Drum, and 80 and 90 proof Old Bardstown.  I grabbed a 90 proof OB. Guess this is a new label? They had it on the "allocated" shelf. Was under $20. They also had AE and AERye.

20161101_124831.jpg

Interested to hear what you think of the Old Bardstown 90.     Whenever you've had a few pours and the bottle 'matures' let us know what you think, please.   Thanx in advance.....

Local store got in a case of Rebel Yell Single Barrel 10 Yr (RYSB10?) - got three bottles @ $49/ea.  Really good stuff!

Finally found an ETL in the wild....so it came home with me

Sorry in advance for the sideways picture.

20161101_134529.thumb.jpg.9972f629b12011

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Paddy said:

Handle of ER10 for $56.99 + tax...

Those ER10 handles are HUGE!  I never buy them 'cause I have no place to store 'em!

Edited by starhopper

2 hours ago, starhopper said:

Local store got in a case of Rebel Yell Single Barrel 10 Yr (RYSB10?) - got three bottles @ $49/ea.  Really good stuff!

I asked a store about that and they have yet to see any but he was aware of it. He said he would check tomorrow and give me a call. I'm a little nervous about dropping that much coin on HH wheat. I'm not a big fan of Larceny.

Didn't buy it today, but it was finally delivered from the UK today!

IMG_6541.JPG

Thanks Brexit for making this cheaper for me!

Edited by mike9903

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

I asked a store about that and they have yet to see any but he was aware of it. He said he would check tomorrow and give me a call. I'm a little nervous about dropping that much coin on HH wheat. I'm not a big fan of Larceny.

I bought my first bottle of Larceny about six months ago - after the first two pours, couldn't bring my self to finish it - just terrible to my tastebuds.  This Rebel Yell Single Barrel is simply a much better bourbon experience - for me at least. I like it as much (if not better) than Weller 12. The nose on this thing is just heavenly, with a sweet, yeast bread kind of aroma. The palate is a sweet black licorice with vanilla overtones and some oak, coating my entire throat.  The finish is not overly complex, but it is not brief.  Just a wonderful pour IMHO.  If I'm not careful , I could end up sipping this for hours!  Can't wait to get a whiff of the empty Glencairn with the dried bourbon in it tomorrow morning.

Edited by starhopper

3 hours ago, starhopper said:

I bought my first bottle of Larceny about six months ago - after the first two pours, couldn't bring my self to finish it - just terrible to my tastebuds.  This Rebel Yell Single Barrel is simply a much better bourbon experience - for me at least. I like it as much (if not better) than Weller 12. The nose on this thing is just heavenly, with a sweet, yeast bread kind of aroma. The palate is a sweet black licorice with vanilla overtones and some oak, coating my entire throat.  The finish is not overly complex, but it is not brief.  Just a wonderful pour IMHO.  If I'm not careful , I could end up sipping this for hours!  Can't wait to get a whiff of the empty Glencairn with the dried bourbon in it tomorrow morning.

Damn you. :D Your post reads like someone stalked me and learned all my tendencies with the intent of luring me into a trap. I love wheated bourbons, am strongly disappointed in Larceny, and cannot for the life of me find a bottle of W12 for the house, though I've managed to find it in a local bar. Even your Justified quote sings to me. I'll let you know what I think of the Rebel, which I've passed by for the last month. Unless I blow the budget by finding limiteds this week, a bottle of Rebel 10 is coming home with me.

4 hours ago, Charlutz said:

Damn you. :D Your post reads like someone stalked me and learned all my tendencies with the intent of luring me into a trap. I love wheated bourbons, am strongly disappointed in Larceny, and cannot for the life of me find a bottle of W12 for the house, though I've managed to find it in a local bar. Even your Justified quote sings to me. I'll let you know what I think of the Rebel, which I've passed by for the last month. Unless I blow the budget by finding limiteds this week, a bottle of Rebel 10 is coming home with me.

LOL.  Weller 12 never shows it's face in my neck of the woods - so I had to trade an ETL to get a bottle of it  last year.  It was a nice pour, but nothing worth driving all around the state to find another bottle of.  I was able to do a SBS blind tasting of the Weller 12 and Pappy 12 and found that I preferred the Pappy 12 just a tiny bit more than the Weller - but not worth the hundreds of dollars to procure a bottle.   So, this RYSB10 fills a nice spot in my bourbon collection - a nicely aged wheated bourbon that delivers a fairly complex nose and palate, and it doesn't cost a fortune like Pappy. Highly recommend you pick one up and try it for yourself.

LOL.  Weller 12 never shows it's face in my neck of the woods - so I had to trade an ETL to get a bottle of it  last year.  It was a nice pour, but nothing worth driving all around the state to find another bottle of.  I was able to do a SBS blind tasting of the Weller 12 and Pappy 12 and found that I preferred the Pappy 12 just a tiny bit more than the Weller - but not worth the hundreds of dollars to procure a bottle.   So, this RYSB10 fills a nice spot in my bourbon collection - a nicely aged wheated bourbon that delivers a fairly complex nose and palate, and it doesn't cost a fortune like Pappy. Highly recommend you pick one up and try it for yourself.

Your convincing me to buy another bottle even thought I haven't opened the one I have. I do like larceny so figure this should only be better.

49 minutes ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Your convincing me to buy another bottle even thought I haven't opened the one I have. I do like larceny so figure this should only be better.

Well, hate to say it, but I can't stomach Larceny - so I was a little worried when I bought the Rebel Yell SiB - but thankfully they are not alike to my palate!

Well, I liked the Thomas H. Handy so much that I stopped in my favorite LS to grab a Baby Saz to compare, while in the store I received an email from the Manager (he wasn't on site) asking if I'd be interested in an EC18 for $124. I'm doomed... since he got me the Handy and a W12 a couple weeks ago I feel the need to take just about any LE's that he offers me just to stay on the list. Plus I've never had it so I had to say yes anyway... right? :unsure:

Well, I liked the Thomas H. Handy so much that I stopped in my favorite LS to grab a Baby Saz to compare, while in the store I received an email from the Manager (he wasn't on site) asking if I'd be interested in an EC18 for $124. I'm doomed... since he got me the Handy and a W12 a couple weeks ago I feel the need to take just about any LE's that he offers me just to stay on the list. Plus I've never had it so I had to say yes anyway... right? :unsure:

Yes!!! I was in the same boat two weeks back and pulled the trigger.....one thr same bottle as well

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.