What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 hours ago, Jamie76 said:

Really wish we could get SAOS around here.  TW had the regular 7 YO bottle, but those days are long gone.

Yeah suprisingly the Crown Liquors around here seems to have it often in stock.  It sells but they seem to consistently restock it.

12 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Great posts guys, hope you had a great holiday and great NY!  The Stagg and Michter's were Christmas gifts from a good friend and family member.  Need to finish off a couple mid - low bottles before I crack these fellas open. 

IMG_2165_zpsssotm3ce.jpg

Very Nice!

Having returned from the home land this week, I was very happy with the haul. Ended up bringing back a full case of HH6yrBIB which I was very happy to do with the wife's approval. That should bring the total number of bottles of just that to 22 in the bunker. That was before I added 2 bottles of RY10yrSB and 3 bottles of FRPSSB that the wife didn't know about. However I did make up for it with 2 cases of wine for her so she should be happy!

Picked up 2 bottles of kcsb 9 yr at 33 dollars a piece and a bottle of stagg jr for 52.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grabbed a 4R PS and the New Jefferson's Rum Cask.  I almost picked up a Bookers giving the upcoming increase but, decided against it. 

I'm looking forward to trying the Jefferson's Rum Cask the reviews look very promising.  I'll be sure to post some thoughts when I get into it.  

Picked up a 4R PS OESQ today.  9 years and 4 months, 120 proof.  Going to the bunker until some room opens up in the cabinet.

I succumbed to the lure of a cheaper Booker's before the price hike. I cracked it open and dayum, that' some kind whisky. It's from the "Off Your Rocker" bottling and checks in at 129.7 proof. If the DEA ever hears about this stuff, they're going to call it a hallucinogen.

Bought a bottle of Big House today.  It is an NDP sourced from MGPI that carries a 6yr age statement bottled at 90 proof for $20.  Gimmicky story aside, I think it is a quality product at a reasonable price.

5 hours ago, Golzee said:

Bought a bottle of Big House today.  It is an NDP sourced from MGPI that carries a 6yr age statement bottled at 90 proof for $20.  Gimmicky story aside, I think it is a quality product at a reasonable price.

I have to agree with you about Big House. I was shocked that an NDP could put out a age stated product at such a reasonable price point. 

19 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Got this in the mail today. Very exciting to try it. 

IMG_7865.JPG

Very nice. Never had that before, definitely would like to try it.

So I was just out and about, and stopped in a liquor store and came across some ECBP Batch 12 (136 proof) at $70. This price was a bit high (usually closer to $60 around here), but I obviously needed to pick up a couple, which guaranteed that I would come across more ECBP for cheaper at the next store. Which I did, so I picked up one more at $60. It was a good day, and I am now stocked up on enough ECBP to last a good long time (already had a few in the bunker).

Got a very generous gift card and picked up the following from my local shop (not Binny's)

FR PS OBSQ

FR PS OBSF

FR PS OESK

WT PS RR

2 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

IMG_7865.JPG

I've got few bottles of this, different barrels, but barreled on the same day!

1 hour ago, Jazz Nut said:

I've got few bottles of this, different barrels, but barreled on the same day!

How is it ? It's my first bottle 

Cheers!

Will 

My local store, got 4 limiteds today and offered me any two at retail.  Naturally I chose the Thomas H Handy and the FRLE Small Batch.  I already have the other two in my bunker.

3872.jpeg

Edited by Thig

4 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

IMG_7865.JPG

That's good stuff. I really like it. My bottle was sweet, fairly thick, quite a bit of oak and spice. Med+ length finish.

Definitely one of my favorites. I find it similar to EC12...just w/o quite as much all spice/clove taste and a little more oak.

Almost a 50/50 of EC12 and WRDS...at least to me.

Picked up my first bottle of 4RSiB in almost 2 years. Don't know why I waited so long between purchases (so much new to me stuff to try I guess). I forgot how much I enjoy this stuff!

54 minutes ago, JPK said:

That's good stuff. I really like it. My bottle was sweet, fairly thick, quite a bit of oak and spice. Med+ length finish.

Definitely one of my favorites. I find it similar to EC12...just w/o quite as much all spice/clove taste and a little more oak.

Almost a 50/50 of EC12 and WRDS...at least to me.

Thanks for description, I will definitely enjoy this. 

3 hours ago, Thig said:

My local store, got 4 limiteds today and offered me any two at retail.  Naturally I chose the Thomas H Handy and the FRLE Small Batch.  I already have the other two in my bunker.

3872.jpeg

Are others seeing baby saz allocated in their state? This is the only BT product I see regularly in MInnesota although price has creeped up a little.

Went looking for BT Bourbon Cream to take to a friend tonight as a holiday gift. Was told by the shop owner that he only gets one case a year and sold his last bottle yesterday for $35. He recommended the Black Button as a substitute on sale for $30 down from $33 so I got it thinking it might be my next best choice. Tried another store and they had four of the BT on the shelf for $25 each. Grabbed two, one for my friend and one for me. Just tried some of the Black Button in coffee and it is tasty. 

IMG_2526.JPG

I picked up a couple Booker's Bluegrass for $47 each with coupons and a Four Roses Yellow gift set.  Oddly I have not tasted the Yellow before, worst case it will make a good mixer.  I think I am more excited about the gift set than anything else, the components seem to be of good quality.  ;)

I was looking for the BT bourbon cream, but I don't think it's available in AZ. 

Edited by Darwin

Picked these up today: the FRSB, Booker's and ER at the VA ABC and the remaining at the Quantico Marine Base Exchange.  The Booker's and FRSB were on sale no less.

Now, don't hate on me Brothers, but I also received a bottle of PVW in the mail yesterday. 

IMG_3625-2.JPG

IMG_3562-5.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.