What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

3 hours ago, Clueby said:

I'd have passed on the WSR but probably would have sprung for the OWA..even though I already have about 15 bottles of it. 

Yeah, I trusted the prices because their craft beer prices beat Total Wine, so I assumed the price was good. Although I suppose the distributior could be placing a premium on them. 

3 hours ago, Paddy said:

Consider 'that' done!  ;)

You are a gentleman sir.

16 hours ago, namadio said:

EC barrel pick for 25 sounds like quite a deal!  Is it the new style bottle or old?  I haven't seen a barrel pick lately but I've been hearing about them.  What additional information do the labels include?

It's the new style bottle and the label includes a serial number which I presume is for the bottle, not necessarily the barrel. There are no dates included on the labels. The first pour was nice and tasty with little hint of its 94 proof. The sale price of $25 is excellent but if it goes up a few dollars or up to $30, it will still be worthy.

14 hours ago, Clueby said:

I'd have passed on the WSR but probably would have sprung for the OWA..even though I already have about 15 bottles of it. 

Same ha

Whiskey- Those prices are probably the new norm for retail shelves and would probably be considered a good deal.

Edited by namadio

45 minutes ago, namadio said:

Same ha

Whiskey- Those prices are probably the new norm for retail shelves and would probably be considered a good deal.

A couple weeks ago there were cases of WSR on the shelf here for $16.49/bottle.  They did get some OWA in with a "1 bottle per customer" limit for $21.99 ea.

3 minutes ago, Clueby said:

A couple weeks ago there were cases of WSR on the shelf here for $16.49/bottle.  They did get some OWA in with a "1 bottle per customer" limit for $21.99 ea.

Wow.  I haven't seen WSR for under 19.99 in some time.

Just got back from an Indy trip to visit the in-laws and came back with a haul; two different OBSK's, an OESK, 1792 SB store select, 1792 FP store select, 1792 HR, HH BIB, and VOB BIB.  I'm amazed at the selection and prices available in Indy compared to what I see and find in my state controlled VA.  An example is that FRSB is regularly $44.99 here and I can find all the PS recipes in Indy for $10 more.

33 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Just got back from an Indy trip to visit the in-laws and came back with a haul; two different OBSK's, an OESK, 1792 SB store select, 1792 FP store select, 1792 HR, HH BIB, and VOB BIB.  I'm amazed at the selection and prices available in Indy compared to what I see and find in my state controlled VA.  An example is that FRSB is regularly $44.99 here and I can find all the PS recipes in Indy for $10 more.

Sounds like a productive trip! Which store's picks did you get? 

2 hours ago, Old Dusty said:

Sounds like a productive trip! Which store's picks did you get? 

It was a great trip.  I split between Crown and Rural Inn.  At Crown I got an OBSK, OESK, and 1792 SB.  At the Rural Inn I picked up the 1792 FP and an OBSK.

1 hour ago, JoeTerp said:

It was a great trip.  I split between Crown and Rural Inn.  At Crown I got an OBSK, OESK, and 1792 SB.  At the Rural Inn I picked up the 1792 FP and an OBSK.

Nice, both do good picks. And congrats on making it out of Rural in one piece :)

Scored an ECBP for $59.99, was the last bottle 136 proof.  Must be good karma for not buying from the gougers earlier in the week. :lol:

Couple of ETL's @ $34.99 each.  Glad to get the call they were holding them for me since I just went though a bottle over the holidays and recently gifted another full bottle.

RenderedContent-47EC717F-9C32-4615-8410-7D4BE60CEB8E.JPG

14837556897781226742741.jpgThis caught my eye in the store; never seen it before. I had little pour and it changed quite a bit over the course of 40 minutes. At first it was quite earthy further in it got sweeter.Has a nice finish, Im gonna need more time with this one.

Edited by Agalloch

6 hours ago, Old Dusty said:

Nice, both do good picks. And congrats on making it out of Rural in one piece :)

I shared that note with my wife and she agreed with you. 

I checked out where that was on a map.

I would probably suggest daylight hours for shopping there.  If I saw funny people hanging around, keep on driving.

15 hours ago, Redslayer said:

Couple of ETL's @ $34.99 each.  Glad to get the call they were holding them for me since I just went though a bottle over the holidays and recently gifted another full bottle.

RenderedContent-47EC717F-9C32-4615-8410-7D4BE60CEB8E.JPG

Very nice!

Grabbed a 06 and 07 EWSB.

Passed on some 04's elsewhere. Another day perhaps.

B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BFerguson said:

B

I've always done the opposite. I've past on the '06 and '07 when I see them and buy the '04 whenever I still find it. Hope you let us know what you think of them. 

2 hours ago, BFerguson said:

B

Sounds like I need to do a road trip from Iowa to find some of those '04's.  I promise I would leave 1 or 2 on the shelf. ;)

On 1/6/2017 at 5:12 PM, Nm0369 said:

Scored an ECBP for $59.99, was the last bottle 136 proof.  Must be good karma for not buying from the gougers earlier in the week. :lol:

Good deal!  Any ECBP is a good find!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.