What bourbon did you purchase today (winter 2016/17)?

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

51 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

Just found out I'm expecting... two of these in family size!

IMG_1469.PNG

Wow!  I'm quite surprised they'd still have the 10 year old available.  Well done! 

2 x Weller 12 for the bunker, it was one per customer but a friend is ordering another for me. 

11 hours ago, Paddy said:

Wow!  I'm quite surprised they'd still have the 10 year old available.  Well done! 

I'm waiting to find out if it's 10 yr or 10 star...

The pic is from the VA ABC website inventory list, I'm hoping it is accurate... 

7 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

I'm waiting to find out if it's 10 yr or 10 star...

The pic is from the VA ABC website inventory list, I'm hoping it is accurate... 

Unfortunately it's just 10 star 

13 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

I was able to rummage around the back room of a liquor store today.  No true dusties or LE's, but it was still fun to look.  The owner is selling the store and gave pretty good cash prices.  I restrained myself to this meager purchase.  $25 each for the EC12 and $12 for the lonely WSR 7yr.  If you're local and want details PM me.

IMG_0473.JPG

Nice work!  Sounds like a fun experience. Let us know how the WSR 7 yr is.  I'm not a fan of the current product although I love the rest of the Weller line.

Edited by meadeweber

15 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

I was able to rummage around the back room of a liquor store today.  No true dusties or LE's, but it was still fun to look.  The owner is selling the store and gave pretty good cash prices.  I restrained myself to this meager purchase.  $25 each for the EC12 and $12 for the lonely WSR 7yr.  If you're local and want details PM me.

IMG_0473.JPG

Very nice find, enjoy!

Wild Turkey Master's Keep 17 finally came down enough in price to pique my interest.  Probably still too high at $110, but it really is a pretty bottle . . . 

Not bourbon but also picked up Pikesville Rye 110  for $50.

Picked up a Weller SR. It's been close to two years since I've had a bottle. Nothing spectacular but it's a nice bottle to have around for after I've already had a couple of glasses and just want something easy to drink.

8 hours ago, meadeweber said:

Nice work!  Sounds like a fun experience. Let us know how the WSR 7 yr is.  I'm not a fan of the current product although I love the rest of the Weller line.

That 7 yr age statement is something I never got to see. When did WSR lose it?

18 minutes ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

That 7 yr age statement is something I never got to see. When did WSR lose it?

Has been awhile. Both WSR and OWA lost their age statement about 7 years or so ago.

21 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Just found out I'm expecting... two of these in family size!

IMG_1469.PNG

Is it actually 10 Year?  last time I was in Virginia I drove somewhere in the Va beach area excepting the AAA10yr and only found a ton of the AAA10* aged at least 36 months...

I wish you luck if so!

2 hours ago, namadio said:

Is it actually 10 Year?  last time I was in Virginia I drove somewhere in the Va beach area excepting the AAA10yr and only found a ton of the AAA10* aged at least 36 months...

I wish you luck if so!

I'm sure its probably the 10 star, but their pic is 10 yr so I'm just trying to send positive thoughts! :unsure:

WT101. The owner recognized me so I got a 5% discount without asking. Buying local can have its rewards.

4 hours ago, JTaylor said:

I'm sure its probably the 10 star, but their pic is 10 yr so I'm just trying to send positive thoughts! :unsure:

I don't think the pics or the blurbs necessarily reflect the products as they don't get updated frequently.  Good luck though.

Barrell Bourbon Batch #009 - 13yo.  $70 OTD! Oh boy, oh boy!   :D

12 hours ago, JTaylor said:

I assume the UPC for 10* and 10yr must be different...... but maybe VABC has them both listed the same or the UPC is the same.  Would be cool!  GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Barrell Bourbon Batch #009 - 13yo.  $70 OTD! Oh boy, oh boy!   [emoji3]

Have you cracked it open yet? I have the same one and it's good. Mine was around $85 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up another Old Forester 1920 and a Stagg Jr. 132.5.  According to my records, that means I have a bottle of each batch (1 through 7) in the bunker.  I didn't set out to complete the set, I just happened to buy one every now and then.  I still have my first bottle of Stagg Jr. opened, batch 1, and I really like it.  So when I hear everyone say the batches keep getting better and better, I think I'm in for a treat.

Jason

Bought some due to the new month and the sale items changing - EWBIB, couple of FC103 6yr stated, and a couple of HMKBIB saved $3-$5 each so I brought the stock levels back up a bit - tempted to get more of the FC103 and probably will...

I went to buy lemons for hot toddys (I am trying to shorten the duration of a sinus infection), and I picked up a bottle of ER10 on sale for under $29. I will wait to drink the ER10 until my sinuses clear, but I couldn't resist buying at that price.

I'll use HHBIB to make my hot toddys tonight.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.