Empty Bottle Support Group 2017

Tennessee Dave
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Apologies for stock photo but I used the bottle for a Frankenstein-esk applewood aging of my own. I picked this up for $50 when I was in NYC, this is one of those complex bourbons that has hints of bubblegum, so if your into that I'd pick up one. I'm sure as gona when I can find one here in the "deep" south. *J.P. Trodden 5 star Bourbon*

j.p. trodden.jpg

Edited by ModestGlutton
I picked a bad picture.

The wife and I finished off a HMCK10BIB barrel 2060 barrelled on 2-7-05. It was my first but won't be the last.

Enjoyed this batch very much. Next one will be #11.

Cheers! 

IMG_8216.thumb.JPG.a8308f5bee4fc7ea82a41be73e8ee8b0.JPG

Edited by Masset1982

^Not sure I can give support to anyone that had a bottle of ECBP to enjoy and has more, I'm jealous.

Gone but not forgotten, from the last few weeks. FWIW, I did have a little help. Some samples were shared.

Pic #1.

Stagg Jr. Batch #5

J.W. Dant BIB

HH6 BIB

EW BIB

Wyoming Whiskey

Larceny

Pic #2.

SB HHSS #1

I had the last pour from this bottle today for Dawn and her father.

Joe

empty1.jpeg

empty2.jpeg

Very nice haul Joe.

I'm working on finishing these two off. I know there loved around here but I didn't care for them.

6b95dc7dd73d0fcd6145dfa4815f037f.jpg

I guess no need for sympathy.

Kicked a batch 11 ECBP, it's been open a good while and the last few pours were on the bitter side, really the question is do I open a Batch 10, 12 or my other 11 next.

One of my favorites, don't really need a support group... Just anot her trip to the liq:rolleyes:

20170328_195135.jpg

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Gone but not forgotten, from the last few weeks. FWIW, I did have a little help. Some samples were shared.

Pic #1.

Stagg Jr. Batch #5

J.W. Dant BIB

HH6 BIB

EW BIB

Wyoming Whiskey

Larceny

Pic #2.

SB HHSS #1

I had the last pour from this bottle today for Dawn and her father.

Joe

empty1.jpeg

empty2.jpeg

Just curious on your thought of the Wyoming Whiskey? Haven't seen it in state yet, but have heard other say conflicting reports on it both being good and terrible. Doubt NC adds it to the okay list and will have to look elsewhere, but curious non the less. THanks.

Finally killed this.

I'd like it more towards the end than the beginning. That being said I don't see a reason to buy it over the BIB which I seem to like more. Really stinks as I wanted to love this.

Cool bottle, cool history think it first came out in the 70s when bourbon was dying a slow death and it was one of the few pseudo better offerings. It was probably much better in those days. Oh well.

e7f03cfc21964fd23f878529f66964bf.jpg

^Hmm you guys have convinced me this is worth a try. I know a few places with this on the shelf, as soon as I clear some shelf space of bottom barrel stuff I'm picking up a bottle.

38 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

^Hmm you guys have convinced me this is worth a try. I know a few places with this on the shelf, as soon as I clear some shelf space of bottom barrel stuff I'm picking up a bottle.

I wouldn't wait if I was you, unless you know for a fact that they've been sitting there for a very long time.

Stuff like this gets snapped up quick when it's found.

I wouldn't wait if I was you, unless you know for a fact that they've been sitting there for a very long time.
Stuff like this gets snapped up quick when it's found.

I've seen the 8 year old ones at a few places in Houston. The place I'm thinking of had had at least 5 bottles on a crowded bottom shelf and had a good amount of dust on them. I picked up three bottles of OWA here and left three on the shelf, most I've seen at one place. I came back weeks later and the three where still there.

Finished off a WT81 rye tonight.  It was an enjoyable bottle, but, I know the 101 would be better.  This is the first step in the ladder, I can't find the 101 rye, so the next step is the RR90, then the single barrel rye.  Unless I find the 101 WTR, fat chance though.

Edited by Golzee

2 hours ago, elmossle said:

Just curious on your thought of the Wyoming Whiskey? Haven't seen it in state yet, but have heard other say conflicting reports on it both being good and terrible. Doubt NC adds it to the okay list and will have to look elsewhere, but curious non the less. THanks.

How would you rank the JW Dant compared to HH6 and EWBIB.  I have had all three and think Dant is great (especially for $22/L)  Dant is a favorite of mine, but, it doesn't get a lot of love.

The Dant and hh6 are both very good, and have a similar taste.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Golzee said:

Finished off a WT81 rye tonight.  It was an enjoyable bottle, but, I know the 101 would be better.  This is the first step in the ladder, I can't find the 101 rye, so the next step is the RR90, then the single barrel rye.  Unless I find the 101 WTR, fat chance though.

Ask your favorite lick to order it for you

4oz put in the archive for a rainy day and the last little bit in my glass.

R.I.P.

IMAG1900.jpg

Edited by 0895

17 hours ago, elmossle said:

I like Wyoming Whiskey. It's not a something that will knock your socks off, but I think it's fairly decent. To me, it fits somewhere in between MM and Larceny.

Joe

7 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I like Wyoming Whiskey. It's not a something that will knock your socks off, but I think it's fairly decent. To me, it fits somewhere in between MM and Larceny.

Joe

Finally.... that is such a good way to explain it.  I've been struggling to describe it for months.

For $36 bucks (here) its probably a tad overpriced, but you're not getting ripped off.

Joe

This implies I need to try Larceny.

Joe how would you compare Larceny to the following WSR, OWA and OF BIB?

19 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

This implies I need to try Larceny.

Joe how would you compare Larceny to the following WSR, OWA and OF BIB?

I'm not Joe but if I had to rank them it would be 1)OWA, 2)OFBIB, 3)WSR. Larceny would be a distant 4th for me. I get such a strong acetone note from it I don't like it. I've had a few bottles thinking it was just me. Nope. I know the OFBIB dna is pretty close to Larceny but I don't get that same note from it. I get a spearmint taste that I really enjoy.  If MM was in thr mix it would be a tie with WSR. They are both stupid easy to drink. WSR edges it on flavor fullness but is a bit rougher on the finish than MM to me.  MMCS is a step above those but so full of over the top sweetness its still not a fave.

^Ok thanks I'd say no rush on the Larceny especially since I'm not too much of a fan of WSR.

I really think they must do some Barrel selection for the OWA and don't just take random Weller barrels and bottle at a higher proof.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.