What Bourbon did you Pass up?? Winter 2016/2017

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I passed on the first bottle of BT bourbon cream I have seen at $27.99.

Edited by Dgriffin

Decided against getting a bottle of OF 1920 at $59.95.  The price is fine but I've bought a lot of bottles this month.  I may pick one up next month...

Edited by Journeyman

Passed on BT bourbon cream at $21. Best price I've seen but I have half a bottle of black button bourbon cream and a full bottle of the BT bourbon cream in reserve so even though it was a good deal I think I have enough to get me through until next winter if I finish what I have. Also passed on a store pick manhattan finished high west American whiskey for $40. I was really intrigued but they didn't have a bottle open to try and didn't offer to open one when I asked about trying it. That's a sales mistake. 

I bought my first bottle of Bourbon Cream for $19.99 but haven't seen it again locally. Found some last week in Kansas City for $24.95 so snagged a couple. They go fast once opened!

46 minutes ago, Jkersh said:

Pass!IMG_2608.JPG

ETL just sitting in a shelf is a sight for sore eyes.  Not sure that one's a pass - what was the price?

Passed on a Willett 3 yr Rye at $49.99 & a SAOS SB 10 yr CS at $59.99,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

10 hours ago, jvd99 said:

Pass

I'd have a hard time passing on that entire shelf....been searching for some CEHT but none to be had around here...single barrel or small batch.

1 hour ago, Redslayer said:

I'd have a hard time passing on that entire shelf....been searching for some CEHT but none to be had around here...single barrel or small batch.

I think I said the ETL wasn't a definite pass - pretty sure someone else said "pass" 

On 1/29/2017 at 10:06 AM, jvd99 said:

ETL just sitting in a shelf is a sight for sore eyes.  Not sure that one's a pass - what was the price?

$69.99. I've seen it in 40-60 elsewhere 

16 hours ago, Redslayer said:

$90...still a bit pricey

Passed on a pour of ORVW10 at a concert venue last night for $50. The bartender said essentially that the owner priced it so the bottle would sit on the shelf for a while. I told him I used to pick up bottles of it off the shelf for $35. His eyes got wide and he let out a slow, "WOW!" :lol:

On 1/29/2017 at 10:06 AM, jvd99 said:

I agree. I have never caught ETL on the shelf since I started drinking bourbon in a more serious matter. I would have bought that in a hot minute.

1 hour ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I agree. I have never caught ETL on the shelf since I started drinking bourbon in a more serious matter. I would have bought that in a hot minute.

I remember when it sat on a Rite Aid pharmacy shelf for $30. Eventually, I pointed it out to a member here who wanted it. not my thing.

haha, my first bottle of ETL I got for 31 bucks, just lucked onto one.  Then about a month later, I lucked onto another one and it was 39.99...and I sat for a minute seriously thinking of passing...but then I came to my senses. 

I just tried to visualize what I'd do if I saw it on the shelf for 69.99...and i'm not sure. lol.  I'd probably make a plea to the clerk to let me clear the shelf at a reasonable price or something...but I think for 69.99, I'd just go get a blanton's for 50.

Passed on some dustys today. Found a store with the old orange cap OGD BIB for $20. He also had an age stated 8 yr Basil Heyden for $40. Is there much/any difference between these and the current offerings?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.