What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Still not loving this but its grown on me a bit. Very vermouth forward. Its a manhattan in a bottle. I still have another bottle in the bunker that I bought before I tried the first one.
20170405_212056-756x1008.thumb.jpg.664b13b5cf59048e8be61c8f0d5e35a4.jpg

I agree on YKY, although I do enjoy it a lot better when I cut it with two parts HWDR to every one part YKY. I think that is better than either on their own.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last night a pour of 4RSB, this week whether due to allergies or something else everything tastes muted and off. This happens for a couple weeks wach spring and it tastes like I have hit my 2017 slump.

Edited by kcgumbohead
Incomplete

Inspired by @HoustonNit I'm having a 60% ER10 / 40% OC8 blend.  The OC8 is just too sweet for me by itself, but this is working well.  I need to grab a Stagg JR this weekend and try mingling the OC8 with that.

image.thumb.jpeg.0fb6d8075b8652cfa60c77d07bada65d.jpeg

^Wow you've got a real handle of OC8 with the 8 year age statement diagonal across the label. That's early 2000s and prior.

1 hour ago, Nm0369 said:

I need to grab a Stagg JR this weekend and try mingling the OC8 with that.

I've been doing this for a few years now. It's excellent.

It's the OC8 love session tonight.

Started out the night with Four Roses Single Barrel. Not bad but don't see myself buying another bottle.

Having some OC8 now that I'm really enjoying more so than the FRSB.

Having an odd unintentional 4 grain blend tonight.

I have this older batch of MMCS that usually has this grassy note I don't care for. Last night I blended in some OWA which improved it immensely. I meant to do the same tonight. I have a bottle of VOB6 BIB in front of the OWA that I moved out of the way and placed on the counter. Just then, my wife asked me a question. After being distracted, I proceeded to open and pour the VOB6 because it's the exact same bottle shape with a screw cap. Realized my mistake too late.

Well.......it's actually pretty decent. The VOB covers up the grassy note so it's an instantaneous success. Not good enough to repeat but it makes this last pour of the MMCS go down easier.

Went with the SAOS Ten last night. Doesn't have the WOW factor of some SiB selections, but still a solid pour.

Had a hefty pour of ECBP last night after a very long day.  I accidentally opened the bottle I bought yesterday (already had a bottle open), so I figured that was a good candidate for a pour when I was trying to decide...

Last night after a long day so my nights (mornings) 1a.m. pour was 4RSmb and a dinner of Triscuit crackers. I enjoyed it immensely.

5 hours ago, dcbt said:

Had a hefty pour of ECBP last night after a very long day.  I accidentally opened the bottle I bought yesterday (already had a bottle open), so I figured that was a good candidate for a pour when I was trying to decide...

Attaboy. When in doubt, ECBP will make you forget what you were trying to decide and you won't even care.

3 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Just found this close to a golf course I play at in the ghetto.

2b884d20d01216ffa95b2cfa597b6ba8.jpg

I'm going to assume you helped em out in a big way? :)

^For now I only took the handle which must be 10+ years old.

Shoot accidentally posted here intended to post in what you purchased today.

What the heck down the street also got this. They had a whole shelf handles and 1L Austin Nicola WT101.

Anyone have any idea how old this is?

7270c2a08a7a1efdc086589562beec68.jpg

My wife is in NOLA with several members of my family. They will be enjoying a concert tonight. I'm hanging with the boys, so decided to kick it off early tonight. ECBP Batch 11. Yum.

50 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

^For now I only took the handle which must be 10+ years old.

Shoot accidentally posted here intended to post in what you purchased today.

What the heck down the street also got this. They had a whole shelf handles and 1L Austin Nicola WT101.

Anyone have any idea how old this is?

7270c2a08a7a1efdc086589562beec68.jpg

I can't tell, but old label means great bourbon. 

Had some SAOS 7 years old, good, followed by some CEHTBP, amazing! 

Cheers! 

Will. 

When did age stated WT101 disappear?

Early 90's. 94 maybe? There are others much smarter than me that could quote you I'm sure. It's still good bourbon. Just not what I would call great. I'm encouraged by some recent SB that seem to hint at a return to form.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.