What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

6 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

Decided to go for the turkey tonight. This one has a different nose from the other turkey releases, very enjoyable when you need something smooth, weirdly less oakier and sweeter than the 8 and 12 version. Need to bunker a few. 

Quick question, are they still produce it ?? 

Cheers! 

Will.

IMG_8248.JPG

Will,

Your "export only" Wild Turkeys always leave me slightly envious. I guess what we can't have always looks more desirable.

Need some of that WT13.

I'm in the process of finishing off an EC12. It's weird yesterday I wasn't feeling it but today it's fantastic.

456c66bd10464cbafc3a5f66b1189546.jpg

Stopped by the local watering hole. Started easy with GD12 then upped the ante with CEHT SiB, and finished strong with Stagg Jr. Batch 7.

I would attach pics of the scenery but that would only incriminate the innocent. :huh:

A traverse city whiskey barrel proof old fashioned to cap off a great tourney. Just wish my sparty's would have gone a little further.

Had a little KCSB for the first half, now having BT for the second of the game.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Having a pour of Baker's while watching the game. Started off very oak forward but as it opened up the oakiness receded and I started to get a burnt caramel flavor. Funny how the flavor profile can change in just a few minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

Stopped by the local watering hole. Started easy with GD12 then upped the ante with CEHT SiB, and finished strong with Stagg Jr. Batch 7.

I would attach pics of the scenery but that would only incriminate the innocent. :huh:

I need to find local watering holes with selections as good as the ones you have.

Also who was posting with the place that had some awesome dusties a beat up bottle of Ancient Age 10 yr etc?

Decided to make it a 107 proof night. Started with the Baker's, now following it with a pour of OWA 107. Unfortunately I don't have any other 107 proof bottles in the cabinet. :(

Gosh I love this OWA. 107 proof sweetness. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

7ff700762e6a74a8b792a2b1f1ccba91.jpg
A pre tip off pour

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Seems like a cool little garage setup you've got. Is that a Yeti lowball? How is it?

Seems like a cool little garage setup you've got. Is that a Yeti lowball? How is it?

Yes, the yeti lowball is awesome. I leave it in the freezer. That way when I'm ready to use it, it chills the bourbon just a bit, but not too cold. I would highly recommend it.

12 hours ago, M1marksman said:

Will,

Your "export only" Wild Turkeys always leave me slightly envious. I guess what we can't have always looks more desirable.

Sorry about that. My reaction is the same when i see a post with a bottle of OF 1920 prohibition, i feel ya ! 

Will.

1 hour ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Yes, the yeti lowball is awesome. I leave it in the freezer. That way when I'm ready to use it, it chills the bourbon just a bit, but not too cold. I would highly recommend it.

I have one of those but I use it for coffee at work. It will keep coffee hot for hours. 

On 4/2/2017 at 0:32 PM, Masset1982 said:

Decided to revisite this one tonight! 

Cheers!

Will.

IMG_8244.JPG

Question for everyone, the Va ABC is offering the CEHT small batch BiB for sale in limited quantities tomorrow at $39.99.  How does this stack up against WT Rare Breed?  I know RB is a higher proof but is it worth getting this one for the bunker if nothing else?

33 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Question for everyone, the Va ABC is offering the CEHT small batch BiB for sale in limited quantities tomorrow at $39.99.  How does this stack up against WT Rare Breed?  I know RB is a higher proof but is it worth getting this one for the bunker if nothing else?

Never had the small batch but at that price, i would say go for it ! I'm a big fan of the taylor line but it's overpriced here in Europe : 

Retail for Small batch is €95, same price for the single barrel and €135 for the barrel proof. My favorite between the Sib, Rye (i think i've paid 110€ for it, not worth it) and BP will be the BP, even at that price, i think it worth it, if it wasn't so rare and expensive, i would drink this everyday. 

16 hours ago, Louisiana said:

Just hit 5 o'clock here! Gonna start with a nice store select BT & move up from there!

Cheers, Jeff

IMG_0634.thumb.JPG.bb07b4c685aa3f47f555fb943ae7ba29.JPG

Nice line-up. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

For that price, get some. CEHT SmB is really good. One of my favorites at least.

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

it don't come around me very often so when I  seen it at the same price I picked up 2. 

16 hours ago, Louisiana said:

Just hit 5 o'clock here! Gonna start with a nice store select BT & move up from there!

Cheers, Jeff

IMG_0634.thumb.JPG.bb07b4c685aa3f47f555fb943ae7ba29.JPG

Serious line up ! 2016 WLW, how is it ?

14 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Need some of that WT13.

I'm in the process of finishing off an EC12. It's weird yesterday I wasn't feeling it but today it's fantastic.

456c66bd10464cbafc3a5f66b1189546.jpg

Is the two-handed sippy cup for subsequent pours? Gotta be careful. They ain't making any more.

1 hour ago, MTNBourbon said:

Nice line-up. Enjoy!

Thanks MTN!

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

Serious line up ! 2016 WLW, how is it ?

It's very good Will. I know you've tried it right? All you drink is the good stuff!

Is the two-handed sippy cup for subsequent pours? Gotta be careful. They ain't making any more.

Don't want to mix those up, my doctor thinks I might be lactose intolerant.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.