What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The OP you were responding to was asking about any potential loss of the age statement on the Single Barrel not the Small Batch. I'm not aware of any indications that the Single Barrel is losing the age statement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a sbs to see if I should grab a few extra Barrell batch 11 for later. Batch 11 isn't doing it for me, bottom line, it's to young. It's good but every other one I have is better to me. It was fun though :D   

IMG_1709.thumb.JPG.accddb6bd287a702eeba2454a12ee028.JPG

1 hour ago, lcpfratn said:

The OP you were responding to was asking about any potential loss of the age statement on the Single Barrel not the Small Batch. I'm not aware of any indications that the Single Barrel is losing the age statement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As my idol, Emily Litella used to say, "Oh . . . Never mind."  These are words I live by.:wub:

On 5/4/2017 at 10:01 PM, smokinjoe said:

I'm always skeptical of rumors that come out in the bourbon world, but I heard some info regarding ER 10 during Sampler weekend that may change our understanding of ER.  One, was that ER has now gone beyond the accepted explanation Clueby states above.  A good source reports that ER is now a dump of several  barrels, and just not the "leftover in the lines" explanation.  Also, there may be BT Mashbill #2 whiskey in it.  Though I do give credence to this info because of its source and insistence of its accuracy after several vetting questions, I still am not totally convinced.  

The possible inclusion of BT MB #2 makes me think of those DNA tests you can submit to determine your heritage.  We may need to do that to our whiskey to determine it's probable lineage.  Or, maybe not.

Edited by mbroo5880i

I finished off a bottle of HMcK10 that may have been one of my favorites of the brand ever and I have had several bottles over the years.  I might need to pick up a few more bottles tomorrow.  

A healthy pour of ECBP batch 12 while watching the Blues stave off elimination.

Enjoying a pour of Barrell Batch 004, some tasty Kentucky goodness!

You gotta love Post 101. Only comes around once. ;-)

IMG_1191.PNG

Two nice bottles tonight.

Cheers

IMG_1185.thumb.JPG.89bc8970df4ca2770aaa57b6153fe6ca.JPG

How's the Spec's OESV compared to that SAOS? I passed on a bunch of those Spec's store picked a few months back.

Curious are you in Houston? If so was the SAOS from NASA liqour or elsewhere?

At dinner after the Kentucky Oaks at a restaurant called Selena's at Willow Lake Tavern, which I highly recommend if you're ever in Louisville, Kentucky (had the Surf & Turf, 8 oz. lobster tail and 8oz. filet) their steaks are absolutely fabulous, I had my first taste of RR.  Been wanting to try it.  Have never been a fan of WT but had heard that the RR was worth trying.  I did enjoy it.  Will probably pick up a bottle sometime in the future.

6 minutes ago, CardsandBourbon said:

At dinner after the Kentucky Oaks at a restaurant called Selena's at Willow Lake Tavern, which I highly recommend if you're ever in Louisville, Kentucky (had the Surf & Turf, 8 oz. lobster tail and 8oz. filet) their steaks are absolutely fabulous, I had my first taste of RR.  Been wanting to try it.  Have never been a fan of WT but had heard that the RR was worth trying.  I did enjoy it.  Will probably pick up a bottle sometime in the future.

Last year after the Derby we went to The Village Anchor Pub just down the street from Selena's. Also very good. I'll have to try Selena's next time I'm down there. We stay very close to there. 

I also just just picked up my first RR SiB Binny's select. I really like WT101 so I'm excited to crack this one open when I clear out some already opened bottles. 

37 minutes ago, JSpartan said:

Last year after the Derby we went to The Village Anchor Pub just down the street from Selena's. Also very good. I'll have to try Selena's next time I'm down there. We stay very close to there. 

I also just just picked up my first RR SiB Binny's select. I really like WT101 so I'm excited to crack this one open when I clear out some already opened bottles. 

I've not been to The Village Anchor but it's one of my brother-in-law's favorite places.  You really need to give Selena's a try.  They don't always have a steak on the menu as they source things locally so if it's not up to their standards they'll pass on it.  However, if there is a steak on the menu, regardless of cut, I strongly suggest you get it.

Just submitted an offer on a new home so I'm celebrating with a pour of OWA107

It was a year ago today that we lost our friend Paul Schroder (p_elliott), so to remember him I'm having something from his favorite distillery, Wild Turkey. A nice pour of a private selection WTKS tastes just a bit better than usual today.

Cheers Paul!

Staying with the wheat I've moved on to PHC 8 (I think) anyway it's the wheated 13 yr.

Since it's derby day I dug deep into my bunker for an oldie but a goodie, ... RHF dusty with the gold chain!

WIN_20170506_171236.JPG

Just sat down after a busy day. Good timing for derby, so what else but woodford. Might be about the only time each year I reach for it. Wife is set with her mangorita, of which mine is in the fridge for after the race and maybe on the poopdeck.

49 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

It was a year ago today that we lost our friend Paul Schroder (p_elliott), so to remember him I'm having something from his favorite distillery, Wild Turkey. A nice pour of a private selection WTKS tastes just a bit better than usual today.

Cheers Paul!

Well said! I will drink Turkey later today for the same reason.

Since it's Derby day, I pulled out the only Woodford I currently have in the house - the Double Oak. Sipping it while I watch.

Just sat down after a busy day. Good timing for derby, so what else but woodford. Might be about the only time each year I reach for it. Wife is set with her mangorita, of which mine is in the fridge for after the race and maybe on the poopdeck.

Are you drinking out of a Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby bottle? My money is on the Longshot horse Battle of Midway.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just now, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

Are you drinking out of a Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby bottle? My money is on the Longshot horse Battle of Midway.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Nah, just the standard issue WR.

1 hour ago, Vosgar said:

Cheers Paul!

Note to self, go with WTRB when grilling steak later. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.