What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

After picking three barrels on Friday and two nights of debauchery under the gazebo at the annual gathering, I didn't think I'd want a bourbon tonight. Lo and behold, the siren beckoned and I answered the call with some ETL and OWA. About to dive into a third pour and am eyeing the 1792 HR.

After picking three barrels on Friday and two nights of debauchery under the gazebo at the annual gathering, I didn't think I'd want a bourbon tonight. Lo and behold, the siren beckoned and I answered the call with some ETL and OWA. About to dive into a third pour and am eyeing the 1792 HR.

I succumbed to the temptation as well. A small pour of WR Brandy Cask finish, a large pour of FRSiB to empty the bottle and finished off with a 50/50 blend of OGD114 and WSR.

Great to meet you at the annual gathering!

It's been a while since I only have one opened and one in the bunker I drink it sparingly, but the W12 was calling last night. I had a good pour and then poured a second for my decanter. I'm working on a BT vatting that is currently OWA, BT, CEHT SmB, Blantons, Stagg jr. and now W12

12 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

I succumbed to the temptation as well. A small pour of WR Brandy Cask finish, a large pour of FRSiB to empty the bottle and finished off with a 50/50 blend of OGD114 and WSR.

Hey, that 50/50 blend of OGD114 and WSR is really nice.  Almost filled my Yeti last night and finished it off before going to bed.  SWMBO said I slept "like a baby."  Do babies snore?  I forget . . . . . :D

Hey, that 50/50 blend of OGD114 and WSR is really nice.  Almost filled my Yeti last night and finished it off before going to bed.  SWMBO said I slept "like a baby."  Do babies snore?  I forget . . . . . [emoji3]

That blend is really nice. I can't remember whether I discovered that blend on SB or another site, but I like it much better than either one of those bourbons individually, so I rarely drink them separately anymore. Store Picks of single barrel SWR are sometimes good enough by themselves, but I use the regular version for mixing with OGD114 and other blends. I know some people can't find SWR in their area, but we are pretty much swimming in it around here. OGD114 is not quite as available as SWR, but it's still pretty easy to find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know what I'm drinking tonight I'm outta of OGD114 but will do 50/50 OGDBiB/WSR. Good way to use up the last of my WSR handle.

First pour/s since returning from Bardstown. Short pours of HMcKenna BiB, VOB 100, HH6yr. My HMK is on the drier side, more tobacco than caramel and I wish it was the other way around. I was going to stop there but it left me wanting so VOB and HH6 hit the spots HMK missed.

25 minutes ago, kcgumbohead said:

First pour/s since returning from Bardstown.

I also haven't had a pour since getting back from Bardstown Kevin. :unsure: Maybe later tonight. And that's a big maybe. :mellow:

Cheers! Joe

Chattanooga Whiskey Co 1816 Cask - just delicious.

20 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Great to meet you! Thanks for the great conversation and for bringing a Dickel that I actually liked!

Kicked it off with an Eagle Rare and finishing with an RHF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow this is ridiculously good.

a379c9cfa3734221cf1911826468835b.jpg

Slightly less ABV than the blend with OGD114, but I'm sure it is very good. It is amazing how well the OGD and WSR compliment each other. Cheers!

Having some ER10, which is tasting pretty weird after all the spicy Thai food I ate for dinner

Slightly less ABV than the blend with OGD114, but I'm sure it is very good. It is amazing how well the OGD and WSR compliment each other. Cheers!

The lower proof is noticeable, was thinking about doing a OGDBiB and OWA blend when I kill the handle. Also might play try another higher rye bourbon like WT101. I think a less sweet rye might be interesting.

On a side note I forgot how good OGDBiB was.

EHT Four Grain?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

After a crappy day which has been the theme for the week so far, started with a good pour of FRPS OBSQ. It has been a while since that 120 proof of goodness has hit the lips. That was followed by HH6yrBIB and now time for bed. 

EHT Four Grain?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ya know, I hadn't really thought of that, but I guess it is a homemade four grain...whether or not it tastes anything like EHT Four Grain, I have no idea since I've yet to see one in the wild to purchase.

My 93 y/o grandfather passed away the other day, so following the funeral it seemed very fitting to open an ETL Commemorative and share a pour with my dad. We followed that with some lot B, cigars, and telling stories.

Sorry for your loss.  Last night just felt right for a FR Small Batch.

Continuing my back to the basics of bourbon.  OGDBIB goodness.  

IMG_0232.JPG

Doing another pour of the ER10 from last night.  Funny I opened this bottle in DC last week while at the hotel and don't recall liking it this much... wonder if it was because of those waxed paper cups that don't hold up well to bourbon?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.