What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Visiting Louisville this weekend and found exactly what I was looking for....unlike "U2" who still haven't found......oh never mind, LoL.

Mamma got to see her show & I'm still on track for collecting all the 1792 variations.

It's been a great weekend.

Couldn't wait to open this and celebrate a great mini-vacation!

:)

IMAG2120_1.jpg

Never seen that bottle here in Texas. Hear it is great!

Really saw a store pick at my local Spec's of WTKS and seen it at TW. Interesting but I think you should be able to find in Dallas.

Some Lot B with a great friend who thought it was strong, W12 afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Really saw a store pick at my local Spec's of WTKS and seen it at TW. Interesting but I think you should be able to find in Dallas.

Perhaps I have come across it before, but just never noticed it because I haven't been looking for it.

34 minutes ago, NDN98 said:

Perhaps I have come across it before, but just never noticed it because I haven't been looking for it.

Seems to me about half of LS, that have a good bourbon selection, have Kentucky Spirit.  It is in a very distinctive bottle, once you see a bottle, you will likely see more.  WTKS costs a little more, but if you like WT101, WTKS is a step up usually.  However, like all single barrels, some are good, some well........

8 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

Thanx for posting that Pic of the family, GeeTen!    Loox like everybody is having a blast!     God for y'all!      I love seeing folx enjoying family time.    That's what life's all about, eh?

Yup - it was overcast but the rain held off long enough to get the party in!  Kids (babies) pick up on parties real fast . . . . . .  :lol:

But I think I overdid the Grandpa Weller's last night.  Wife said so anyway just now.   :huh:

Enjoying a nice pour of Blanton's while watching the Nats trying to sweep the Mets on Dad's day.

So far this spring I am enjoying these two, with an occasional glass of CEHTSiB thrown in. 

IMG_3683.JPG

Hell its Sunday... work again tomorrow...

Big pours of OC8/OC101 blend just to get me through

1 hour ago, Hop said:

Hell its Sunday... work again tomorrow...

Big pours of OC8/OC101 blend just to get me through

It is Sunday!  The pours need to be really big!

Finishing the evening with a healthy pour of Blanton's after 40th wedding anniversary dinner at Capital Grille.  Started with Veuve Cliquot NV champagne with shrimp cocktail and fried calamari, wife had 2011 Jordan Chardonnay with salmon and I had 2010 BV Tapestry with a huge dry aged sirloin (back & blue rare, of course).  Finished up with Blanton's at the bar.  Made it home safely and now getting ready to call it a nite.   Life is, indeed, good.   :D

40th Wedding Anniversary Dinner.jpg

Edited by GeeTen
Pic added

28 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Finishing the evening with a healthy pour of Blanton's after 40th wedding anniversary dinner at Capital Grille.  Started with Veuve Cliquot NV champagne with shrimp cocktail and fried calamari, wife had 2011 Jordan Chardonnay with salmon and I had 2010 BV Tapestry with a huge dry aged sirloin (back & blue rare, of course).  Finished up with Blanton's at the bar.  Made it home safely and now getting ready to call it a nite.   Life is, indeed, good.   :D

Happy Anniversary GT!  Sounds like you had a great time!

Happy Anniversary.  My son and I shared a pour of KC Single Barrel PS (Barrel #4044).

CardsAndBourbon, I haven't been on SB.com for a few weeks, and I'm here far less than I should.  I'm sorry to hear of your dad's passing; may good memories of him be a comfort for you and your family.

GeeTen, congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary!  

There's a few minutes left of Fathers' Day; my in-laws had a cookout and my parents came in for it.  Happy Fathers' Day to the SB.com dads!   Mrs. Kalessin and I were finally (after some medical scares that turned out to be nothing), able to share with our families that we're expecting our first child in November.  After helping clean up and getting home, and spending the evening calling relatives, I'm relaxing with some Larceny with a cube or two.

Happy Fathers' Day to the SB.com dads; if all goes well, I'll be joining your company soon!

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Well done sir!!

22 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

WTKS costs a little more, but if you like WT101, WTKS is a step up usually. 

Where do you live? OK?

This may be true there, but around here and other places I've seen, WTKS is generally in the $45-50 range. I like it, but at that price I'll choose RRSiB and WTRB over it pretty much every time.

Congrats to you both, GeeTen.   An accomplishment made possible by choosing a bride wisely.... Her choice in grooms, of course, is a little questionable.... HA!

Seems like a very nice celebration, sir.    Good for you both!

10 hours ago, Kalessin said:

CardsAndBourbon, I haven't been on SB.com for a few weeks, and I'm here far less than I should.  I'm sorry to hear of your dad's passing; may good memories of him be a comfort for you and your family.

GeeTen, congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary!  

There's a few minutes left of Fathers' Day; my in-laws had a cookout and my parents came in for it.  Happy Fathers' Day to the SB.com dads!   Mrs. Kalessin and I were finally (after some medical scares that turned out to be nothing), able to share with our families that we're expecting our first child in November.  After helping clean up and getting home, and spending the evening calling relatives, I'm relaxing with some Larceny with a cube or two.

Happy Fathers' Day to the SB.com dads; if all goes well, I'll be joining your company soon!

Kalessin, thanks for the kind words. and congratulations on expecting your first.  My children are now 28 & 25 and our daughter the 28 y.o. is expecting our first grandchild in September (a boy).  So along with the sadness of my father passing I get to experience the joy of a grandson.

Having some ORVW 10yo with a friend, very good, not €400 good though. This was a sample for a friend, didn't cost me a thing. Waiting for the Cadenhead's 20yo from Heaven Hill and some PVW 20 yo, can't wait to try those.

Cheers! 

Will.

23 hours ago, DCFan said:

Enjoying a nice pour of Blanton's while watching the Nats trying to sweep the Mets on Dad's day.

I would say I was sorry you were disappointed with the result, but I'm not, there are few things in life more deserving of a few good pours than living your life as a long suffering Mets fan.

Another Buffalo Trace product. This '16 benefits from some air time, every new pour is better than the last. 

Cheers!

Will.

IMG_8456.JPG

Celebrating the last of a 5 day weekend with good ol reliable 4R small batch.

(please ignore the beam glass....it's all I had clean).

IMAG2126_1.jpg

Edited by 0895

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.