What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I going to have to finish off a bottle of 4R tonight... the cork broke.... Damn

IMG_1837.thumb.JPG.cf782c1ac3c9975cb2d00d8eac4e8edc.JPG

God Bless
Heavens.thumb.jpg.6c039c745773dd0c29f3d72c22958c3e.jpg

Nevermind the PVW15YR I'm curious how you scored a HH6YR in California?

Having the final pour of a RRSB. This one was a PS by K&L and it is wonderful - tons of spices up front with a sweet middle and an oaky finish. I'm sad to see this one go but glad I had the pleasure of drinking through the bottle.

13 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

With great difficulty I assure you ;)

Now finishing off a very nice KCSB PS from a local store that's about 11yo. It has some really interesting savory spice notes. I had a backup bottle but gave it to my friend for his housewarming, so will have to grab a few more.

In Orlando for a conference this week. Had a couple pours of Angel's Envy with dinner at Roy's Hawaiian. It was the cheapest bourbon on the list..below Knob Creek, Booker's, Maker's, et al. After dinner had a pour of ETL at The Whiskey. It was on their "special release" list and again priced lower than a lot of other stuff that is regularly available. 

9 hours ago, Barrel Aged Buckeye said:

Had a Beam double oak and now a WT101 as the Tribe takes on Kershaw. Good game so far Roll Tribe.

Yasiel Puig said to say hi. :D

12 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Heaven Hill will occasionally release a palate of it to a market outside their normal distribution areas. Not sure if that's the case with CA but that's how it worked here in WA State. It's now dried up and no more is coming. 

enjoyed some PVW15.  nearing the end of the line with a couple of other old friends

20170614_092707_resized_1.jpg

Edited by mwmac

13 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Question, why do we think that this one is 6 yr old?  Just because of the label color? I always assume that all of the HH bourbons are 4 years old unless they show an age statement (some state lower and obviously some higher). 

6 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Question, why do we think that this one is 6 yr old?  Just because of the label color? I always assume that all of the HH bourbons are 4 years old unless they show an age statement (some state lower and obviously some higher). 

That's a good catch. Because of the label I didn't bother to look, but the 6 year is definitely prominently displayed on the bottle. I don't think that bourbon pictured is the 6 year old. 

Not the same one
The 6yr is bonded also
That one is 80proof

Duh just noticed we have the 80proof HH here no 6yr BiB.

4 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

no age statement from the picture. Thanks for clearing that up. 

Edited by Government Beard

035086ac7e01474d071970b63035175a.jpg

Final pour of PVW20 that I believe was 2012 but I can't locate the code on this bottle. Rewarding myself for packing up most of the bunker in preparation for the move in a little less than two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy National Bourbon Day, my kind of made up holiday!

IMG_20170614_200651301.jpg

I decided it was a good day to do some proper research

IMG_20170614_202546636.jpg

Edited by kevinbrink
Decided 1 wasn't enough!

I have a pour of Blanton's. Cheers!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Really enjoying my first Russell's Reserve bottle 

IMG_4312.JPG

Edited by Stump1998

A generous friend offered up this sample of Michter's. It's a pretty nice pour, but not worth $500 a bottle. Much better than Michter's 10 though.

image.jpeg

Since it was national bourbon day had a Bookers dots batch. After that I poured myself a WT101

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.