What bourbon are you enjoying (spring 2017)

kcgumbohead
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Continuing in the Van Winkle vein with a pour of 12 yr Lot B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celebrated National Bourbon Day with some RY 10 SiB and then some WSR.

About to celebrate the very most important holiday with these. The knob creek is a 13 year old

1497493266175780006135.jpg

36 minutes ago, bourbon4all said:

About to celebrate the very most important holiday with these. The knob creek is a 13 year old

1497493266175780006135.jpg

One of these days I'm going to pop my WTMKs the question is both on one day or each individually?

2 hours ago, DeepCover said:

A generous friend offered up this sample of Michter's. It's a pretty nice pour, but not worth $500 a bottle. Much better than Michter's 10 though.

image.jpeg

NICE!!!!

Nice 2.5oz pour of Vintage17. Maybe one more pour in the bottle. wish I had another as one of best whiskies I've tried for my palate. 

4 minutes ago, Saul_cooperstein said:

Nice 2.5oz pour of Vintage17. Maybe one more pour in the bottle. wish I had another as one of best whiskies I've tried for my palate. 

Classic

If only the RY 10 was priced at $45-$50 in many markets. It's over $75 around here, and according to many sources the suggested retail price for the second batch is $70. I won't buy anymore if the pricing stays at that level. Another SB poster stated that he knew of a store in Chattanooga that had 10 bottles sitting on the shelf at the new price in Tennessee. I was gullible enough to buy a second batch bottle at the new higher pricing because I wanted to compare it to the first batch bottle that I bought at some point, but I won't buy another unless it's as good or better than RVW10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have picked up 4 in Chicago at $59.99 ( plus the awful 9.xx% tax )...sure it's a little pricey but in my opinion a delicious and ( for now ) accessible pour. I'm with you though, if this were $69.99 I'd think twice.

10 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

One of these days I'm going to pop my WTMKs the question is both on one day or each individually?

Side by sides are always fun. And enjoyable to read about:D

My bad, did not know it was National Bourbon Day yesterday. Did have some Stagg Jr. with some ginger ale though.:)

Back to the PVW15 tonight. Packed up 30-35 boxes of the bunker for the move

A nice store select Old Scout barrel proof is hitting the spot tonight

1 hour ago, Hop said:

Travel safe with that precious load.

God speed

And the 15 is gone... 2012 was a great year for me when I scored every PVW at the same place at the same time except for the rye. This was the last of those bottles and will be missed but was enjoyed so much by myself and friends

Had some Booker's - Noe Hard Times (2016-06) tonight at dinner.  I don't have it that often, but I do enjoy me some Booker's.

You inspired me with your Booker's.  Think I'll have some of that now myself as a nightcap.

Because of the generosity of a fellow SB'er, I'm having a nice pour from a sample of 1792 FP tonight. A good end to a long, interesting and hot week at work. Thanks Bag! :P

Cheers! Joe

Ironic that I'm posting this after our self proclaimed Weller Whore's post........having the last of a 2010 WLW. Beyond wonderful

Edited by Vosgar

While packing I realized I had an open bottle of 4RSB that I didn't recall having so I started with that now I'm working on a 10yr OKI SB

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.