What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Today's latest and greatest:

1 ECBP (54.99 - who would have thought???)

2 Amador Double Barrel Bourbons (Unfortunately these were not purchased at retail. The reason for that is the wife is in the spirits/wine industry and brings home free stuff from suppliers ever so often.)

Huzzah.

58f7e5f2d942c_Photoon4-19-17at3.30PM2.jpg.c3422f2337b1bd0dfaeb0c575963d0e6.jpg

Yes. Taken with the laptop webcam so it comes out a bit grainy - this is release #10 at 138.8 Proof

Yes. Batch #10. It didn't get as much love as the others. I've drank 2 from that Batch & they were solid! Enjoy!

Thanks. I've tried all from batch 6 on and they were all very similar. I love the oak taste that comes through on all the ECPBs.

Huzzah.

16 hours ago, Journeyman said:

Bought a bottle of OWA in the new style bottle.  I think this is the first batch of the new style to make it to Oregon. 

Did you get this at retail? Because if not, like, you're definitely not cool and I will hold my nose very high. /sarcasm

Enjoy good sir!

Loch & K(e)y (Julio's Liquors) Single Barrel Select Blanton's (Barrel #60), dumped on 3-10-17 - $49.90 OTD.  Last year's L&K pick of Blanton's (Barrel #82) was super - huge nose of caramel and chocolate (!?!) that delivered on the palate, long, warming finish.  Sure hope this one is as good (or better)!   :D

Edited by GeeTen
editing additions

23 hours ago, DCFan said:

Down in NC for the week visiting. In checking out their website I see they carry OWA with a retail of $32.75. Since Va doesn't sell it I'll have to make some room in the trunk for a few bottles. :D

The jokes on me for believing their website. The one store I went in the sales clerk said they haven't had any BT products for a year and when they do they are gone.

On 3/22/2017 at 6:21 PM, berto said:

Turkey Decades and Old Forester Single Barrel.

What do you think about the Old Forester Single Barrel?  Our LB just got some in and I was thinking of picking up a bottle ($41.99).  Single Barrel & Small Batch are where I tend to go.  

7 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Did you get this at retail? Because if not, like, you're definitely not cool and I will hold my nose very high. /sarcasm

Enjoy good sir!

Heh!  Yup, state-controlled price of $26.95.  Not quite off-the-shelf, as this store holds OWA in the back and you have to know to ask for it.  I don't quite understand that, since I've seen it on the shelves of other stores in town.

4 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

This bad boy came by the mail today.

IMG_8296.JPG

Very Nice!

Congrats on the bottle Will! Have you tried the WLW 135.4 yet? I'm almost done with one & it's some damn fine whiskey!

Cheers,

Jeff

I picked up a VOB BIB today for $16.99.  The "6" that used to be on the top label has been removed and is now stating that it is 100 proof.

7 minutes ago, Golzee said:

I picked up a VOB BIB today for $16.99.  The "6" that used to be on the top label has been removed and is now stating that it is 100 proof.

glad they removed that misleading 6 on there... either way great stuff for the money!

I picked up a Binny's FRPS OBSQ yesterday and then got an email shortly afterwards that they're doing a 15% off coupon on all spirits this Saturday...   guess I'll just have to buy more bourbon then...

Just picked up a new ECBP as I travelled through Indiana for work. I liked the larger difference between the normal small batch and the Barrel Proof in the old bottles, but as long as the Whiskey tastes the same and they keep the 12 year age statement I'll be happy

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Today's latest and greatest:

1 ECBP (54.99 - who would have thought???)

2 Amador Double Barrel Bourbons (Unfortunately these were not purchased at retail. The reason for that is the wife is in the spirits/wine industry and brings home free stuff from suppliers ever so often.)

Huzzah.

58f7e5f2d942c_Photoon4-19-17at3.30PM2.jpg.c3422f2337b1bd0dfaeb0c575963d0e6.jpg

Your wife works in the spirits industry?  I hate you!:)

2 hours ago, DonutsNBourbon said:

glad they removed that misleading 6 on there... either way great stuff for the money!

I picked up a Binny's FRPS OBSQ yesterday and then got an email shortly afterwards that they're doing a 15% off coupon on all spirits this Saturday...   guess I'll just have to buy more bourbon then...

That's okay Derek. My timing usually sucks too. :huh:

Cheers! Joe

2 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Your wife works in the spirits industry?  I hate you!:)

;)

Yeah. She mostly brings home wine but from time to time she will bring some stuff I am interested in.

5 hours ago, DonutsNBourbon said:

I went into my local Binny's and asked what was "allocated" and not discounted per the fine print of that 15% coupon.  Basically they said every store picked whisk(e)y and other stuff they don't get in regularly, i.e. Blantons, Wellers etc.  No FRPS either so don't feel bad.  Typical Binny's move.  I'm not buying anything with that coupon, my local independent's prices are normally 5-10 under Binny's anyways, so there's not a huge draw there for me

Picked up an Austin Nichols Rare Breed 108.2 I believe proof

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My trip to NC wasn't a total washout. I bought a bottle of SAOS for $40 at the ABC store.

15 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

This bad boy came by the mail today.

IMG_8296.JPG

Such a beautiful site. Congrats good sir. Enjoy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.