What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I grabbed a few FRPS for $51.99 this morning after some samples.  The B is 119.8 proof and the E is 109.8.IMG_0618.thumb.JPG.f4f614b54ff0c4cd930b383d59a426d4.JPG

32 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

I grabbed a few FRPS for $51.99 this morning after some samples.  The B is 119.8 proof and the E is 109.8.IMG_0618.thumb.JPG.f4f614b54ff0c4cd930b383d59a426d4.JPG

Who is "Ray" ??

6 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

Who is "Ray" ??

The owner of a handful of a local stores.  I assume he does that because the stores don't have the same name.

Got a WSR PS (Warehouse Liquors), SAOS 7 (bottled in '14), and an Old Taylor 6 Yr (from the Beam days)

6 minutes ago, Three quarks said:

I like the color of those leather seats.  It's rare to see anything other than neutral in most vehicles today.

Or is it pleather?

1 hour ago, Nm0369 said:

The OBSK was bottled in 2014?

17 minutes ago, Clueby said:

The OBSK was bottled in 2014?

Yep, he said it was down to the last case of that barrel.  This store has all 10 recipes of FRPS in addition to about 15 other various picks.  

(2) 1792 SW'S, and (2) 1792 HR's. I am really digging the High Rye.

20 minutes ago, flahute said:

(2) 1792 SW'S, and (2) 1792 HR's. I am really digging the High Rye.

I really like the High Rye, too.  It has a great sizzle back end.  

17 hours ago, Nm0369 said:

Very Nice!

13 hours ago, Journeyman said:

I bought two bottles of OGD BiB and two bottles of CEHT Four Grain today. 

bourbon_20170422.jpg

Have not seen that CEHT before, interesting.

2 minutes ago, MTNBourbon said:

Have not seen that CEHT before, interesting.

It just started showing up in Oregon on Friday.  It's a limited release that just came out this month, so I was surprised to see the state stores getting it so soon.  Usually, limited releases take a while to find their way here.

1 minute ago, Journeyman said:

It just started showing up in Oregon on Friday.  It's a limited release that just came out this month, so I was surprised to see the state stores getting it so soon.  Usually, limited releases take a while to find their way here.

Very cool, enjoy.

On 4/22/2017 at 6:39 PM, Three quarks said:

I like the color of those leather seats.  It's rare to see anything other than neutral in most vehicles today.

I WASN'T the only one who thought that!

gone are the cool old days of blue or red interiors. Was just new car shopping with Mrs. Dick the past few weeks....seems we had a choice of black, gray, or beige. All 3 of my vehicles have red interiors

On 4/22/2017 at 5:39 PM, Nm0369 said:

I grabbed the OBSK back when I was in Indy in January. I sampled it at the store and was very impressed. He had a bunch of private selections, but I think he was missing a recipe or two back then. 

On 4/22/2017 at 3:46 PM, jvd99 said:

Or is it pleather?

Yeah, can we start discussing car interiors? Did he pay retail?

I just ordered another bottle of CEHTBP 127.5 proof for the bunker, it's too good to pass on a bottle. 

Cheers!

Will.

Finally, i've passed on the Weller 12, i've already got three bottles, it was €45, i'm gonna let someone else getting it.

On 4/20/2017 at 7:51 PM, jvd99 said:

I went into my local Binny's and asked what was "allocated" and not discounted per the fine print of that 15% coupon.  Basically they said every store picked whisk(e)y and other stuff they don't get in regularly, i.e. Blantons, Wellers etc.  No FRPS either so don't feel bad.  Typical Binny's move.  I'm not buying anything with that coupon, my local independent's prices are normally 5-10 under Binny's anyways, so there's not a huge draw there for me

yea, I read over the fine print and pretty much everything that I'd want was excluded.  I did stop into a Binny's to see if I would want anything and nope... passed on it all.  For regular stuff you're right, I can find it cheaper somewhere else.  and I'm not spending enough at Binny's anyway to become one of their elite customers that get a crack at pvw and btac.

22 minutes ago, DonutsNBourbon said:

yea, I read over the fine print and pretty much everything that I'd want was excluded.  I did stop into a Binny's to see if I would want anything and nope... passed on it all.  For regular stuff you're right, I can find it cheaper somewhere else.  and I'm not spending enough at Binny's anyway to become one of their elite customers that get a crack at pvw and btac.

Same here - I only go to Binny's for higher end single malt purchases and some FRPS I can't get elsewhere.  I get my LEs from my local, I gave up on Binny's a couple years ago on that front.  

3 hours ago, DonutsNBourbon said:

Same here as well. Bottles I wanted - no coupon. Was gonna get a of1920, but they were out.

My local retailer picked a barrel of 1792FP which arrived this week, so I grabbed a bottle based upon the sample from the pick. 

It'll be a close battle between this and the GBS pick from last year.   Both are very nice pours that hit me right in my wheelhouse.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.