What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was grabbing some other stuff yesterday and saw a lonely bottle of WT Kentucky Spirit on the shelf so he went home with me too. Is anyone else seeing WTKS growing in scarcity (oxymoron?) or is it just where I shop? Although, I do frequent quite a few stores at different times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, BigRich said:

I was grabbing some other stuff yesterday and saw a lonely bottle of WT Kentucky Spirit on the shelf so he went home with me too. Is anyone else seeing WTKS growing in scarcity (oxymoron?) or is it just where I shop? Although, I do frequent quite a few stores at different times.

Now that you mention it, I'm not seeing this one as much either. I can only think of one store that has it and I only see 1-2 bottles at a time.

I acquired the Hard Water bar pick through a trade on Instagram. Confirmed with BT that it is what it appears to be. Grabbed this today, last one on the shelf!

IMG_5579.JPG

On 4/14/2017 at 4:11 PM, DeepCover said:

@Ruffin51

I'm curious to get your thoughts on the OKI. I passed that bottle up the last time I was in KY (I saw a sherry cask finished and I believe a brandy cask finished offering also). I came home with a bottle of Pinhook instead.

Really enjoyed a pour at a restaurant, but I don't know for sure if it was the 10 year that I tried. Will share my thoughts when I open this one. 

5 hours ago, BigRich said:

I hadnt seen it around till one store got some in a few months ago. I picked one up for the first time when I saw it.

I've been quiet on the buying front, but as I was returning from a trip to the Cayman Islands this weekend, I took a look in the Duty Free stores in the CI airport. First stop, nothing special. Smaller store next door, finally saw some Blanton's SFTB and Blanton's Gold in the wild. $90 apiece, 10% discount, so $81 apiece. I knew I had to get the SFTB, but I couldn't remember if the Gold was in the same league. To be safe, I bought two of each. Very happy.

972eca4d200c9f9d296212def1436b34.jpg

23 minutes ago, jeffrey r said:

I've been quiet on the buying front, but as I was returning from a trip to the Cayman Islands this weekend, I took a look in the Duty Free stores in the CI airport. First stop, nothing special. Smaller store next door, finally saw some Blanton's SFTB and Blanton's Gold in the wild. $90 apiece, 10% discount, so $81 apiece. I knew I had to get the SFTB, but I couldn't remember if the Gold was in the same league. To be safe, I bought two of each. Very happy.

972eca4d200c9f9d296212def1436b34.jpg

Wise choise, those are both very nice, never had the gold, but my bottle SFTB is pretty nice. Enjoy it! 

Will. 

1 hour ago, Ruffin51 said:

I acquired the Hard Water bar pick through a trade on Instagram. Confirmed with BT that it is what it appears to be. Grabbed this today, last one on the shelf!

IMG_5579.JPG

Finishing a bottle of their 9 yo SB.

Man, it's good! 

Impossible to purchase one single bottle since I've bought mine more than year ago. Such a beautiful bottle! 

Group photo of the pickups from this week.

7 x BT 1.75 Store Picks
2 x WSR 1.75
2 x OWA 1.75 Store Picks
JW Dant BIB 1.75
VOB BIB NAS 1.75
3 x Blanton's 375's
ER10 with the age on the neck band
1792FP

And absent on picture day

2 x Blanton's Store Pick
6 x OC8 (gifted one to my brother and another 2 for another member
HPR for a member
EC12 front stated for a member

Edit: forgot about the two plastic flasks in the pic. Those are my favorite flask. $5 at your local Liquor Barn

b5fe33567c2c52f1b0293fce3c1bb3df.jpg

^Hop are you a distributor or something, you must be better stocked than almost any liquor store.

I bought these over the weekend. Based on numbering from the bottle assume they are from 2004. Will crack one open as soon as I finish my handle of OC8yr. This stuff is excellent only wish I had the 101 age stated. Thinking about mixing two parts OC8 and one part Stagg Jr. 129 to get the proof in at over 96.

71ec86494785df1b0af62125b71c0a9e.jpg

Lucked upon another Weller 12. Cheers!

On the shelf in the wild? I think they must of shipped some out I'm guessing late last year or early this year. Read an article from last September saying to expect a new batch of W12 this spring with the new bottle which I guess means very soon.

1 hour ago, HoustonNit said:

On the shelf in the wild? I think they must of shipped some out I'm guessing late last year or early this year. Read an article from last September saying to expect a new batch of W12 this spring with the new bottle which I guess means very soon.

Online actually (where I get most of mine). The UK only recently had the 2016 release which had been sat on by the distributor. This was the last of that I presume. Was still the old style bottle.

Edited by beasled

While perusing the aisle I found this today

EC12_zpsmhtltyoa.jpeg

EC12%20B_zpsfpuc6e5i.jpeg

A handle of age stated (on the back) 12 year old EC Small Batch.

Edited by CardsandBourbon

A bottle of new style OWA which I guess these days only called OW. Either way it heads to the bunker as a replacement for the bottle I finished off last week.

Purchased today, at RETAIL. Haha.

Thats a 750 of orange cap OGD, another 1 liter of orange cap OGD, and CEHTBP.

Thanks. Have a good night.

58f6d91971d2b_Photoon4-18-17at8_25PM.thumb.jpg.3a61dac80e2c8739a4501cb0815b5634.jpg

Edited by Government Beard

8 hours ago, Government Beard said:

58f6d91971d2b_Photoon4-18-17at8_25PM.thumb.jpg.3a61dac80e2c8739a4501cb0815b5634.jpg

Nice catch... I'm not an OGD fan, but I'd love to get my hands on a CEHT BP!

Down in NC for the week visiting. In checking out their website I see they carry OWA with a retail of $32.75. Since Va doesn't sell it I'll have to make some room in the trunk for a few bottles. :D

9 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Pretty nice, not a fan of OGD, but i love some CEHTBP! 

Bought a bottle of OWA in the new style bottle.  I think this is the first batch of the new style to make it to Oregon. 

14 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

While perusing the aisle I found this today

EC12_zpsmhtltyoa.jpeg

EC12%20B_zpsfpuc6e5i.jpeg

A handle of age stated (on the back) 12 year old EC Small Batch.

Nice find. I guess there's still some around.

There was one other handle left but I PM'ed Kyjd75 about it so he may have picked it by now.  

Last OWA on the shelf and priced right @ $27.99. The RR10 was still priced at $19.99 so how could I resist. 

IMG_0074.JPG

35 minutes ago, Limegoldconvertible68 said:

Last OWA on the shelf and priced right @ $27.99. The RR10 was still priced at $19.99 so how could I resist. 

IMG_0074.JPG

Excellent on both accounts. Russel's Reserve is generally 39.99 at Bevmo around here. I am hoping, at some point, these make it into the local Costco and I can buy a case (at retail!!!!!!)

Huzzah.

Edited by Government Beard
MOAR EXCLIMATION POINTS

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.