What bourbon did you purchase today? (Spring 2017)

Charlutz
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Mid-recipe I discovered I was out of sherry...ran to the liquor store 1 block away and found "EHT four grain" and Weller 107 for $79.99 and $29.99 respectively...bought them and got home before realizing I forgot the sherry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Louisiana said:

Congrats on the bottle Will! Have you tried the WLW 135.4 yet? I'm almost done with one & it's some damn fine whiskey!

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, since i've found two bottles, it will open tonight, very excited to taste it! 

Cheers! 

Will.

5 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Such a beautiful site. Congrats good sir. Enjoy.

Thanks, i'll open this one tonight for my 500th post on sb.

Cheers! 

25 minutes ago, JT3NSB said:

had a good day of trading yesterday!  some of my favorites added to the bunker. 

IMG_7082.JPG

Jackpot! Congrats and enjoy!!!

4 hours ago, JT3NSB said:

had a good day of trading yesterday!  some of my favorites added to the bunker. 

IMG_7082.JPG

That is a nice haul. Impressive. Which one will you open first? Decisions, decisions. 

I went to a new shop just to look and they had FC 6yr, haven't seen a 6yr in at around 2yr so I picked one up as I like this one but haven't pulled the trigger on any of the NAS versions.

14 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

A couple of these had a glass last weekend and loved it.

$53 a bottle.

d48481a9b5ddf90015dd22e85bd0a6ca.jpg

I just picked up another bottle of this today but it cost me a bit more at $69.99. I actually went to get another batch 12. They had a bunch of them last week. Alas, they were all gone. I got the last lone A117 that was mixed in with the regular small batch.

I stopped by LB and talked to the spirits manager and he was saying good things about the OF Single Barrel that was a store selection so I picked up a bottle.  Was checking out and there was a bottle I hadn't seen in any store in E'town and I pointed at it and he said sure.  So I came home with

20170421_124153_zpsbpoxug58.jpeg

Can't wait to try both of these.

Good haul today. Thanks to a tip from an SB member, found weller and BT single barrel store picks along with a few other things... oh and that EHT 4g

IMG_7098.JPG

21 minutes ago, JT3NSB said:

Good haul today. Thanks to a tip from an SB member, found weller and BT single barrel store picks along with a few other things... oh and that EHT 4g

IMG_7098.JPG

Ooooohhh....first sighting of EHT 4 Grain in the wild.  I picked up EHT SmB today from the store I've been bugging about the 4 Grain and BP:lol:

IMG_0616.thumb.JPG.24adc2a9a1437367ef44c402b7cce05b.JPG

14 minutes ago, Nm0369 said:

Ooooohhh....first sighting of EHT 4 Grain in the wild.  I picked up EHT SmB today from the store I've been bugging about the 4 Grain and BP:lol:

IMG_0616.thumb.JPG.24adc2a9a1437367ef44c402b7cce05b.JPG

Well it wasn't quite in the wild the store owner had it under his desk and was taking it home  for himself.  After a bit of conversation he offered it up. Very happy to find it and pay retail

I hadn't seen a bottle of this in the wild for over a year.
7699c7369622656dbb257473c59a5f69.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel said:

I hadn't seen a bottle of this in the wild for over a year.
7699c7369622656dbb257473c59a5f69.jpg

Picked up a bottle of it a couple of weeks ago at the LB here and man is it good.  Thinking about going back to pick up another to put back for when I finish this one.

Picked up a bottle of it a couple of weeks ago at the LB here and man is it good.  Thinking about going back to pick up another to put back for when I finish this one.

It is a steal for 114 proof.

64e5b0ba568804f2da5acdde5d8dbf2c.jpg
Yes please........and it was bottled by Sarah!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Paddy said:

Picked up a KCSB (11 year old) and OWA today, both private selects. 

Solid purchases. Staples.

3 minutes ago, flahute said:

Solid purchases. Staples.

It also doesn't hurt that this particular store owner is awesome.  He sent 10 customers to pick the OWA for the store, and keeps an open bottle of all his other store picks hidden in the back (for regulars to sample prior to buying). 

The force is strong in this guy! 

Picked up EH Taylor Small batch today (first time I've had the chance). Store owner put out 15-20 hard bottles to find. Passed on WSR and Blantons to get it. Missed baby Saz by a few minutes. 

Well, one of my stores got their allotment of CEHT 4G. One measly, f'ing bottle. Needless to say I didn't get to buy or pass on it. I never had a chance for this one. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.