What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

While traveling, I picked up a dusty WTRB batch 3RB 108 proof.  I needed another one of these like I need a hole in my head (have lots of this batch), but it was a decent price and I have a weakness for WT.  However I'm enjoying this one in my hotel room as we speak and I don't regret it one bit, hah.

Edited by Kepler

heading out on a jet plane and stopped at the duty free... wasn't expecting anything maybe a bottle of rum since I'm heading to the tropics but couldn't pass up a Bookers for $44.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Made a few stops today and picked up a few goodies. Hope you all have a good weekend.

20170819_Picks.JPG

Picked up a couple of these. Dont see how "Whiskey Row" sells for what they cost when this is on the shelf for $22. 

15031712210931356525477.jpg

Didnt purchase as its not available in Bama but I traded an ECBP for this and a bottle of WSR. My brother loves the WSR

20170818_112947.jpg

3 hours ago, LongGone said:

Made a few stops today and picked up a few goodies. Hope you all have a good weekend.

20170819_Picks.JPG

Which knob creek did you get?

Forget the whiskey, I'd like to try that chair in the background.  :)

Hit a local yesterday that had a "Friday flash release".

Got lucky on the last RHF.

Also figured I'd man up and try WSR again, since everyone keeps saying the new bottles are slightly better.

IMAG2290.jpg

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

Which knob creek did you get?

Forget the whiskey, I'd like to try that chair in the background.  :)

This was is barrel 5182 from TWCP - I haven't tried this barrel, but have a couple of their first barrel (5115) that I like quite a bit. I showed up there looking for the Rock Hill Farms, but they were out of it so I settled for the Stagg Jr. I didn't see the blog post until this morning. Was still happy to end up with some good bottles.

Yep, the chair is pretty comfy as well. Especially when I'm holding a heavy pour.

Wasn't today but last weekend I bought a couple of BT SBs and got the info on the ages. 8.5 yrs. this will be my bottle to open later today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JCwhammie said:

Id have to be crazy to pass this up. 

^^ Excellent deal!  That goes for $15 higher around here.

12 hours ago, JCwhammie said:

Id have to be crazy to pass this up. 

IMG_4046.JPG

Nice.! $99.99 @ the only place I have seen it recently in the STL

Wild Turkey Master's Keep Decades - Costco selling for $79.97.

Picked up one for me and a few for my friends.

That's already a great deal, and once again, I also spotted Stagg Jr for 38 at TW today. What the hell is going on :blink:

Wow! I doubt I'll ever see it lower than around $130 in my area since no corporate owned chains are allowed to sell liquor in Tennessee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, robertckim said:

Wow. I recently saw it at a rural liquor store in upstate NY for about twice that.

Edited by BourbonDude

11 hours ago, robertckim said:

Wow, that is a deal, I might have done some damage there 

I was at the grocery today and stopped in the Spirits Department.  Things have been pretty slow for limited distribution lately, but they had several ECBP A117 for $60.  I grabbed one to bunker.  Was looking to grab a HMcK10 but they were out.  The distributor Rep was there, though, and we talked inventory for a bit.  Got to look through the tablet to see what all they had at the warehouse (nothing exciting).  He did mention another LS I should try for a good bourbon selection.

Had some extra time, and the new (to me) LS was only a few blocks out of the way, so I visited.  They had quite a few PS bottles, so I grabbed a BTPS and 1792PS.  At the register, the owner asked if there was anything else special I was looking for.   I guess he is selling to a new owner and it changes hands next week, so all the "under the counter" bottles were being offered more freely (not just to the regulars).  Had Blanton's, Rhetoric $120, Barterhouse $80, Woodford Four Grain $125.  With Blanton's already bunkered, and no real interest in the bottles north of $100, I grabbed the Barterhouse that I'd heard good things about.

20170822_115305.jpg

Edited by gurgalunas

2 hours ago, robertckim said:

Here is the picturecf592f829722e8a7172eb48a757d0362.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'd buy that on the spot, if only to sate my curiosity. 

3 handles of WSR @ $29.99 per, was too good of a deal to pass up. 

Yes, they were limit 1, but given the quality of the last batch...definitely worth a bit of a drive around to help a couple of friends out!

4 hours ago, robertckim said:

This is why I love Costco.  This is $150 at the Va ABC.

4 hours ago, robertckim said:

If you notice the asterisk on the top right of the price tag that means Costco is getting rid of that product and won't sell it again so they lower the price when there is only a few left so if you want it grab it cause you won't see it there again 

36 minutes ago, Paddy said:

3 handles of WSR @ $29.99 per, was too good of a deal to pass up. 

Yes, they were limit 1, but given the quality of the last batch...definitely worth a bit of a drive around to help a couple of friends out!

"You're killin' me Smalls!" ;)

Cheers! Joe

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.