What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, DaytonDawg said:

If you notice the asterisk on the top right of the price tag that means Costco is getting rid of that product and won't sell it again so they lower the price when there is only a few left so if you want it grab it cause you won't see it there again 

But does Costco sell products at a loss?

5 minutes ago, DCFan said:

But does Costco sell products at a loss?

Im not sure it's just something I read about Costco they have other hidden things as well google it and check it out 

cheers 

Here is the picturecf592f829722e8a7172eb48a757d0362.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Wow no brained pick up for me.

Wow no brained pick up for me.
Just gifted the one i bought, goimg back for a few more.

Just gifted the one i bought, goimg back for a few more.

Awesome! Definitely no brainer as seen from the autocorrect in my the grammar in my previous reply.

Was out and about today and decided to see if I could find any 2009 EWSB bottles from barrels that were over 8 years old. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the first bottle...bottled on my birthday and 8 years and 2 months old. I tried it in the store with the owner and decided to bring several home with me. Hey, they were bottled on my birthday, so what else was I supposed to do. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, vismatt said:

Picked up these two during lunch.  $35.97 each.  

IMG_9730.JPG

That's a great price. Local store here is ready to get their PS bottles in @ $47 each. 

3 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Was out and about today and decided to see if I could find any 2009 EWSB bottles from barrels that were over 8 years old. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the first bottle...bottled on my birthday and 8 years and 2 months old. I tried it in the store with the owner and decided to bring several home with me. Hey, they were bottled on my birthday, so what else was I supposed to do. emoji2.png

I check every bottle hoping to find one bottled on 8-16. 

Dammit, we wasted an opportunity to get a barrel dumped during the eclipse... :)

On 8/22/2017 at 2:28 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

"You're killin' me Smalls!" ;)

Cheers! Joe

Ohhhhhh.........is that a Sandlot quote?

14 hours ago, vismatt said:

Picked up these two during lunch.  $35.97 each.  

IMG_9730.JPG

Picked up a couple of these myself the other day, but haven't opened them yet.  I went ahead and got 2 because True Spirits has a pretty good track record with barrel picks.  I loved the last Old Forester Single Barrel pick they did too.

16 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Was out and about today and decided to see if I could find any 2009 EWSB bottles from barrels that were over 8 years old. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the first bottle...bottled on my birthday and 8 years and 2 months old. I tried it in the store with the owner and decided to bring several home with me. Hey, they were bottled on my birthday, so what else was I supposed to do. emoji2.png

My first bottle of Woodford Reserve was bottle number 0917, found it in the gift shop during 2010 KBF on... September 17th! I had to go through a lot of bottles looking for a number with significance! :D

I bought two more bottles of my favorite local KCSB store pick. The barrel is dwindling and I want to make sure I have at least a few in the bunker. The owner has a 4RSB PS and an ER10 pick coming in, so I don't think he's going to do another KC, at least not for a while.

9 hours ago, NDN98 said:

Picked up a couple of these myself the other day, but haven't opened them yet.  I went ahead and got 2 because True Spirits has a pretty good track record with barrel picks.  I loved the last Old Forester Single Barrel pick they did too.

Haven't tried the Old Forester, but I did notice they had some bottles left.  Do you know if the one you liked is the one they currently have on the shelf, or was it a prior one?

Edited by vismatt

Ordered a FR "Al Young" LE Whiskey Magazine pick from Julio's for $69.99 - limit one per customer.  OBSQ SiB, #LE Barrel #53-1P, 10yr 1 mo, ABV 54.3%.  Back to the Cult!   ;)

Picked up a pair of SAOS 10 year plus a Weller SR and of course i get a freaking sinus infection that kills my senses of smell and taste. Been sick off and on this month and the backlog of things to taste is growing rapidly. Something's gonna get opened tonight!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, vismatt said:

Haven't tried the Old Forester, but I did notice they had some bottles left.  Do you know if the one you liked is the one they currently have on the shelf, or was it a prior one?

I believe it is the same barrel  I should probably go get a replacement bottle before they run out.  I like this particular barrel better than any of the 3 Old Forester Whiskey Row bourbons.

IMG_6424.jpg

Edited by NDN98

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.