What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, Jackinbox said:

Sweet haul!  Do you know the ages on the KCSBs that you bought?  I got a bottle of the "Stripes" barrel from Cork N Barrel and that one is 13 years.  It's pretty fantastic juice.  

The Tippin's KCSB (barrel 4901) was 13 years.

One of The Party Source barrels was 14 years old (it had no barrel number, just said 14 year old on the tag)

From Cork and Bottle I got both barrel 5000 (Stripes) and 5001 (Stars), but I didn't have enough time to ask about the ages. Thanks for the info on the Stripes one.

The other two (DEP's barrel 4381 and TPS barrel 4702) had no extra age statement beyond 9 yrs that I saw.

I really like these store select KCSBs. Even the regular KCSB is a great value, but the higher aged store selects can be really fantastic for the price.

IMG_0653.JPG

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:06 AM, HoustonNit said:

This came in the mail today in France, excited to pop them open.

db70f401a9eb30d1a113871e556849ea.jpg

7c17de949e50edf3d75dd5f393bf5003.jpg

Very cool, nice.  Enjoy those!

Not today but last weekend I picked up a nice four-pack. A couple of bottles of Baker's that were at a good price, plus 2 Booker's batch 2015-01 Big Man Small Batch which are mostly long gone

31 minutes ago, JoeTerp said:

Picked up these while driving through NC. The ECBP was a  surprise. 

Do you remember what town you picked these up?

18 minutes ago, DCFan said:

Do you remember what town you picked these up?

Fayetteville. The ECBP looked to be the last one. They had plenty of the Barrells. 

Good week! Relative back from Florida brought back:

OF1920

RRSiB

BT

Old Ripy

Wife also picked me up an EC12. She's a keeper. Or she's trying to kill me. 

Cheers!

Edited by beasled

3 hours ago, JoeTerp said:

Fayetteville. The ECBP looked to be the last one. They had plenty of the Barrells. 

I've been in 2 NC ABC stores - Topsail Island and Leland.  My impression was that they weren't as stocked as what we have in Virginny with selections (despite them having the ECBP and Barrell). What's your take?

2 x Metze's Select for $25 each. 

Seems like a steal. Would definitely try at this price.

5 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Seems like a steal. Would definitely try at this price.

MGP's? Too pedestrian for me. I only go for the top shelf stuff. ;)

1 hour ago, DCFan said:

I've been in 2 NC ABC stores - Topsail Island and Leland.  My impression was that they weren't as stocked as what we have in Virginny with selections (despite them having the ECBP and Barrell). What's your take?

I think I agree. It's not that different from a Virginia ABC, but I think Virginia probably had a little more selection. Virginia just doesn't carry Barrell for some reason but I've had success getting ECBP in Virginia (although I always have to ask the store manager about it).  

The NC ABC did also have some Knob Creek 2001 (not sure what batch) and Knob Creek 25th. 

e2e81b0311580dc284fc7adc56c65243.jpg

Some from this weekend but most from a couple weeks ago but I picked it up yesterday.

The majority is cases of Old Charter 8yr but there's some BTSB, KCSB, Hamilton and a couple of SW era Old Fitz Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Hop said:

Some from this weekend but most from a couple weeks ago but I picked it up yesterday.

What'd you do, sell your trunk lid to buy all that Old Charter? :D

Kind of sad on the Metze's as was a close out from a spot that used to have lots of good stuff - OWA, RY10 etc and has slowly burned off everything interesting...now just run of the mill stuff. Liquor not their primary business so not surprising but still disappointing. 

9 hours ago, Saul_cooperstein said:

Kind of sad on the Metze's as was a close out from a spot that used to have lots of good stuff - OWA, RY10 etc and has slowly burned off everything interesting...now just run of the mill stuff. Liquor not their primary business so not surprising but still disappointing. 

Yeah, but you got a heck of a deal.  I thought the Metze's was pretty good stuff.  Just couldn't buy it because it cost $15 more than SAOS SB's.

For $25, its a no brainer.

The majority is cases of Old Charter 8yr but there's some BTSB, KCSB, Hamilton and a couple of SW era Old Fitz Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super awesome find. Please share pics when you unload all this.

For some reason this made me think of the trunk scene from Goodfellas.

d53c848afa29eb3ba5787fed000e7739.jpg

On 8/26/2017 at 4:39 PM, Kepler said:

Very cool, nice.  Enjoy those!

Wow, am I reading the proof correctly? Never seen a barrel proof Blantons in the states. Awesome!

On 8/26/2017 at 11:06 AM, Jackinbox said:

Sweet haul!  Do you know the ages on the KCSBs that you bought?  I got a bottle of the "Stripes" barrel from Cork N Barrel and that one is 13 years.  It's pretty fantastic juice.  

Dang, that's one rail I'd like to ride! :-)

On 8/26/2017 at 0:55 AM, silverc said:

Just returned from a trip to MI and KY. Picked up a bunch of stuff on the road.

IMG_0650.thumb.JPG.73f85367a2250bfc36de7764b9ef431a.JPG

Bourbon/American Whiskey:

Early Times BIB
Traverse City Whiskey SB Cask Strength Rishi's Selection
Colville 5yr
Cedar Ridge
BT SB (x3, Riverside, Bellavino's, Rishi's)
EW 2006
Boone County 12 yr cask strength Wiseguys Lounge Select
OKI 10yr SB Cask Strength (gift shop)
Barrell Bourbon 012
Barrell Whiskey 002
4R OBSF Tippin's
4R OESK DEP's
4R OESO Tippin's
KCSB x6 (TPS selects x2, Tippin's, DEP's, Cork and Bottle Ranger x2)

Brandy:

Copper and Kings Brandy Phoenix SB Collaborative Cask with Tippin's The Last Word and Lincoln Road. 117 pr

Armagnac:

Dartigalongue Bas Armagnac XO
Marie Duffau Bas Armagnac Napolean
Cles des Ducs Vieil Armagnac VSOP
Dartigalongue Bas Armagnac Hors D'Age
Chateau Du Tariquet Folle Blanche Bas Armagnac 8 yr 101 pr
Delord Bas Armagnac XO
Delord Bas Armagnac 25yr

Forgot to include the photo. Impressive!

1 minute ago, BourbonDude said:

Wow, am I reading the proof correctly? Never seen a barrel proof Blantons in the states. Awesome!

Correct.  It's only sold in international markets.  I know it's sold in Europe, Japan and certain parts of the caribbean. I'm told it's not available in Canada or Mexico though.   It sells for around $70 in Europe.   

After a week hunting in Florida, I came home with the WTF, EWSB 2008 and a WSR.  Today on the way home from work, I found a store here with weller in the back and the VOB.  I'm glad to have found the forgiven, but prefer the rare breed.  All the recommendations from the board has me searching and finding more.

image.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.