What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up this jewel today...and got Jimmy and Eddie to sign the bottle since they were in the store today!
d249822183d74406e09df3b87a6961e5.jpg

15 hours ago, Eggman said:

Money's tight: Evan Williams 1783 for $14.99 At a respectable 86 proof it's acceptable.

I've been thinking about taking a flyer on this. Ok neat?

17 hours ago, lcpfratn said:

Picked up this jewel today...and got Jimmy and Eddie to sign the bottle since they were in the store today!
d249822183d74406e09df3b87a6961e5.jpg

Nice. I don't guess you can open it now? :)

Nice. I don't guess you can open it now? [emoji4]

Yeah, I may leave this one alone for a while and force myself to buy another at some point. Did you go by yesterday and meet them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a couple RY10YR and a Stagg Jr today.  Was tempted by a Pikesville Rye but it's readily available so I'll wait.  Going to be in some pretty rural areas of Western KY this weekend and will likely do some hunting so I'll wait and see what I find there.

Bought my first OGDBiB today.  Trying to like it but... it's just weird to me.  There's a sour component or something.

44 minutes ago, Sour Mash Esq. said:

Bought my first OGDBiB today.  Trying to like it but... it's just weird to me.  There's a sour component or something.

I'm not huge fan of it on it's own, but is one of my favorites in a Old Fashioned since it's more on the rye side but still has a little of that sweetness.

You know it got better over time.  I have to remember that they all open up after a while.

By looking at the above pictures it looks like the Weller deliveries must all be arriving at the same time. This is the first time I have found any at all (I felt like a kid at the toy store). The ETBIB is another one I have been looking to try and wasn't disappointed. I made a special trip over to Kentucky (luckily for me its only a 30 minute drive) for these so I also picked up a HHBIB while I was there. All in all a successful trip.

1504149494185-885422122.jpg

My favorite local LS owner sent me a text today saying he was holding a Stagg Jr for me if I wanted it. Dropped by after work and went home with this lovely little addition to the family...

WP_20170830_008.jpg

Not sure, but I'll brag a little. 

Visiting my folks in jax and I ventured out for an early haircut. Saw a small shop and was scouring the isles. The kid behind the counter said: 'If you are looking for Blanton's we sold out'. I was eyeing a WT forgiven (since it was discontinued) when I heard the counter kid say:

'the same guy that delivered the Blantons brought elmer something. It's kinda pricey at $39.99 though'. 

Felt kinda bad cleaning him out but I'm only keeping one out of the bunch. The rest is farmed out to friends and my brother. 

IMG_2964.JPG

At least the kid did not try to sell you something that's "just as good or even better" but you never heard of. I'm convinced that for many casual bourbon drinkers, the name "Elmer Something" didn't have much sex appeal. Until , of course, it became known as "the same things as...."

Nice find. Even nicer that you plan to share with friends/family!

Although the post probably belongs in the current what did you buy thread. For all the hype on ETL these days (and it is certainly a very pleasant bourbon) it was partly the great price point in days gone by that made it most noteworthy. Still not sure it is a $40 bourbon for me. Then again I still have a few bottles tucked away from when it was plentiful at $25 or less. Sadly those days seem to be gone.

For now anyway!

Edited by tanstaafl2

I enjoy it but I reach for others first. I'm bunkering one. We hardly ever see it in south carolina so I have some pretty excited friends waiting on me back home. 

I've since hit 4 stores in Jax/ St Augustine and haven't found a four roses private barrel yet. 

Technically I purchased a bottle of CEHTBP and a bottle of the Four Grain today, but I have to wait for a friend to deliver them.  That will give me a decent backup supply. 

CEHT SmB at $37 for a 750ml and a store pick of BT for $23 to add some variety to my selections for the upcoming long weekend.

7 hours ago, Golferpimp1 said:

Finally found the new batch to add to my ecbp collection.

Reading this thread I sometimes think that I live in a parallel dimension or something. In my almost-daily hunt for spirits all these years, I've encountered precisely 1 bottle of ECBP available for purchase, and bought it at a $20 mark up. In essence, I've found it much easier to purchase a Pappy or BTAC in comparison :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.