What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2017 bragfest!

DonutsNBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

18 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

I live in NJ and work in NYC, you should have started a thread I would have lead you to an oasis of good selection low price. They are hard to find but they exist even here.

Thanks, maybe next time. Unless it was within a block of our hotel, it's a moot point. Wife isn't fond of using vaca for bourbon hunting. I preface the stop to her as, "want some wine for the hotel?" and then grab a bottle of bourbon while I'm there.

1 minute ago, dcbt said:

Thanks, maybe next time. Unless it was within a block of our hotel, it's a moot point. Wife isn't fond of using vaca for bourbon hunting. I preface the stop to her as, "want some wine for the hotel?" and then grab a bottle of bourbon while I'm there.

I'm familiar with this general process, cheers, hope you had some fun while you were here, it is certainly unlike any other place in the country for better or worse. When I was 30 I wanted to live anywhere else, now I'm not really sure I could adapt to life elsewhere.

Grabbed another bottle of the latest Stage Jr. batch today on lunch. I really like this latest batch and knew the 2 I already had would not be enough.

Well there we go. Thank you much. How this ended up in 750ml bottles and available at K&L, I have neither an idea nor a guess.

Don't the 700ml only go to the UK (EU?) and the rest of the world gets the bigger bottles?

55 minutes ago, b1gcountry said:

Don't the 700ml only go to the UK (EU?) and the rest of the world gets the bigger bottles?

I've never heard that but it would explain how Blanton's SFTB could end up in a 750ml bottle.

16 hours ago, Kpiz said:

I'm going to ask @silverc since it looks like he just brought some of this back from Europe. Do you know if your bottles of Blanton's SFTB are 700ml or 750ml?

All of the Blanton's I just bought in Europe (STFB, Gold, and Special Reserve) were 700ml, not 750.

4 hours ago, silverc said:

All of the Blanton's I just bought in Europe (STFB, Gold, and Special Reserve) were 700ml, not 750.

Thanks, silverc. That piece of the mystery remains then.

Back on topic, I picked up a couple more bottles of KCSB private selection from my local store. This barrel is outrageously good.

Edited by Kpiz

Picked up a W12 and ETL yesterday. ETL was further above retail than I would have liked. Owner of store is great guy so I just viewed it as paying for the conversation.

Two different Private Barrels of KCSB.  One that's right at ten years, and another that is one day shy of 13 years old.  Been loving the private barrel selections of Knob.  Highly under rated in my opinion.  Question though, do the private selections get proofed down to 120 like the standard offering?  Or are they at the barrel proof?

5 hours ago, silverc said:

I believe it has been said previously by someone else on the forum that they had bought SFTB in 750's in the Caribbean 

9 minutes ago, NOLEimit said:

Two different Private Barrels of KCSB.  One that's right at ten years, and another that is one day shy of 13 years old.  Been loving the private barrel selections of Knob.  Highly under rated in my opinion.  Question though, do the private selections get proofed down to 120 like the standard offering?  Or are they at the barrel proof?

They are proofed down to 120

21 minutes ago, NOLEimit said:

I think it depends. The one I just bought recently was a little over 13yrs and the sticker on the side had the proof. I think in that case it was around 123. 

1 hour ago, km1589 said:

I think it depends. The one I just bought recently was a little over 13yrs and the sticker on the side had the proof. I think in that case it was around 123. 

I'm pretty sure that all KC Single Barrel is bottled at 120. The sticker may have shown the barrel proof before being proofed down.  The only barrel proof KC I'm aware of is the 25th anniversary.

2 hours ago, NOLEimit said:

2 hours ago, kevinbrink said:

They are proofed down to 120

2 hours ago, km1589 said:

I think you got your private select KCSB at Binny's right?  if so, the proof of the bottle is on the sticker on the side.  it's not necessarily proofed down to 120.

2 hours ago, NOLEimit said:

If you got yours at Binny's, the one that I purchased from there (a 12 1/2 year old) had the proof written on the label on the side of the bottle - 126 proof in my case.

48 minutes ago, zeeck said:

If you got yours at Binny's, the one that I purchased from there (a 12 1/2 year old) had the proof written on the label on the side of the bottle - 126 proof in my case.

Guys, can you save some of these for me?  I won't be able to get up to Binny's for a few more weeks!  A couple of these bottles sound awesome. :mellow:

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

I'm pretty sure that all KC Single Barrel is bottled at 120. The sticker may have shown the barrel proof before being proofed down.  The only barrel proof KC I'm aware of is the 25th anniversary.

I'm fairly sure this is the case, obviously the best way to ask is to email Beam and hope you get a response. As far as I can tell the Binny's Website lists them all at 120 proof.

1 hour ago, DonutsNBourbon said:

I think you got your private select KCSB at Binny's right?  if so, the proof of the bottle is on the sticker on the side.  it's not necessarily proofed down to 120.

Thanks, silly me for not looking at the label beyond translating from their email to find the two barrels I wanted bottles from.  Can't wait to sample tonight, and compare to the selections I've made from previous years.  More to come, thanks guys.

Great score for my area! A Stagg jr 129.5, a KCSB PS 12yo, and a non chill filtered OWA PS

IMG_1872.JPG

Still no ECBP B517 though...

waiting patiently...:unsure:

Edited by JTaylor

I bought a pint size of the eagle rare 10yr/SB a few weeks ago.  Went back to the store and they had more on the shelf. I asked "how many ?" The employee said probably at least 20 bottles in the back. So, I offered to buy 6 more if they gave me the display as well.

IMG_1293.JPG

10 minutes ago, FredBear said:

I bought a pint size of the eagle rare 10yr/SB a few weeks ago.  Went back to the store and they had more on the shelf. I asked "how many ?" The employee said probably at least 20 bottles in the back. So, I offered to buy 6 more if they gave me the display as well.

IMG_1293.JPG

These are 375 bottles? Are these a new release or older? I notice it has the 10 on the neck band.

375ml. Old release.

Supposedly there is a drop of Bald Eagle blood in every bottle.....but who really knows.

45 minutes ago, FredBear said:

IMG_1293.JPG

Very Nice!

Those empty 375ml bottles are good to save; if you ever want to decant a larger bottle or vat anything.

These two just arrived. This is the third bottle of Blanton's Gold I have purchased, and I am really looking forward to trying the North Star. 

image.thumb.jpg.241fead3641137728a81191d50827627.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.