What Bottle Did You Open Today? (Summer 2017)

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As nice as this thread is it should be locked down so that everyone can shift over to the fall thread.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, DCFan said:

As nice as this thread is it should be locked down so that everyone can shift over to the fall thread.

Honestly, this is a thread that doesn't need a seasonal change.  Whack the (Summer 2017), and let it just ride.  

• I like it 1

There should be a monthly what did you purchase thread but yeah this one probably only needs one per year.

Opened up a 4R PS OBSV at 9.5yrs. Holy crap this is good. I've had bad luck with the standard SB but this is great. Think I'm still more a WT/BT guy but this is nice.

77e45188d10c8c4fa5e7782fe2b5cc83.jpg

• I like it 1

HM10 BIB ..undecided, was a little hot for a 100 proof. Reminds me of KC. Will have to try it again this evening.

Opened up two very good bottles. The C05 Bookers  is one of my favorite batches.  The 03 Evan Williams SB is nothing to sneeze at either. 

IMG_2247.thumb.JPG.552bfef704a968c278d28f5c1292345a.JPG

• I like it 1

As I posted in the "what bourbon are you enjoying" thread, I just opened this store pick BT and will likely be going back for more for my bunker.

Good stuff!!

IMG_1340.thumb.JPG.28c3df26ee0321d2dd2b46802e3beec7.JPG

Cheers!

Old Fitz BiB, tasted a little bit on the young side but I expect that will change with time. I'll get back to it next week.

On 10/29/2017 at 8:59 PM, HoustonNit said:

There should be a monthly what did you purchase thread but yeah this one probably only needs one per year.

...and with this sentence you have admirably summed up the problem with the global spirits market in 2017...

• I like it 2

...and with this sentence you have admirably summed up the problem with the global spirits market in 2017...

Ha yes I posted something similar I think in the empty bottle support thread.

We needs to get drinking. That being said you off that boat yet?

Holy crap Joe, a 2007 WLW? You opened your absolute favorite bourbon of all time!!

Attaboy! 

7 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Holy crap Joe, a 2007 WLW? You opened your absolute favorite bourbon of all time!!

Attaboy! 

What can I say?  I had a pretty good day, so I figured why not. 

Cheers! Joe

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

:D

Cheers! Joe

wlw1.jpeg

wlw2.jpeg

Oh snap!!!!!

Right on Joe!!! Love this. 

Not sure how that "Decide My Fate" poll thread works...but I was gonna ask the same thing.  What should I open tonight:

2017 FRSmBLE

PHC11

EC18

2016 WLW (I think this one might get most votes but I might hold onto that one a bit longer)

It works like, you vote, and when i got to pour myself something I'm opening whichever has the most votes. For you, I'd open PHC11.

Well..i know how a poll works. I just didn't know how you started it. I see now that there is a drop down for either content or poll. A poll thread doesn't look like it allows comments..just votes.

Anyway..thanks for the suggestion. That is where I am leaning.

cbd9bb119847a0ce5b4c0762fb50b532.jpg
Ahhh I love this stuff. That unfinished kitchen in the background is leading me to finish bottles a little faster than normal haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why I posted the poll. I couldn't wait that long. Ha

This is like a really good ECBP with a longer finish. It's got a lot of oak for an 11 year.

20171103_205753-1209x1612.jpg

I don't know why I posted the poll. I couldn't wait that long. Ha
This is like a really good ECBP with a longer finish. It's got a lot of oak for an 11 year.
20171103_205753-1209x1612.thumb.jpg.c9a92d205dc7faee3b88b710523e3f13.jpg

Damn that’s a hell of a price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I like it 1

Just now, FasterHorses said:

ECBP B517.. a different league than the HM10 and OWA ive been working on. Whoah

It really is a fantastic batch, I opened my first and went and got 2 more for the closet before finishing the pour. Im just hoping batch c holds up.

12 hours ago, jshleffar said:

It really is a fantastic batch, I opened my first and went and got 2 more for the closet before finishing the pour. Im just hoping batch c holds up.

Please post if you get a c917.. would be great to know if its anywhere close to the B517. Thanks

53 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Please post if you get a c917.. would be great to know if its anywhere close to the B517. Thanks

Ive got one that I havent opened yet, when I do (soon) Ill side by side it and post. Though Im pretty amateur as far as tasting notes go.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.