Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

BroInBourbonMD, yes quite impressive for nine months. When the bug bite, it takes control. I also have an expensive pallet or a more selective pallet as well so understand your pain :) or joy!

Cheers

--Hugh

So I have only been at this for about 9 months now and my stash is not nearly as impressive as some of the others posted, but I figured I might as well share.

Unfortunately, over the last 9 months I have learned that I have an expensive pallet. (Hopefully my wife never finds out I blew the money for our mud room remodel on bourbon! :70358-devil:) Oh how I long for the days when a Maker's in Coke would be more than adequate! :banghead: I blame you Bourbon Boiler!!!!! :thankyousign:

Very nice! I wish I could source that much of the EH Tornado. I often see it around but most shops here want $100 a bottle for it. I'm dreading the day my bottle runs dry, I've enjoyed it quite thoroughly.

So I have only been at this for about 9 months now and my stash is not nearly as impressive as some of the others posted, but I figured I might as well share.

Unfortunately, over the last 9 months I have learned that I have an expensive pallet. (Hopefully my wife never finds out I blew the money for our mud room remodel on bourbon! :70358-devil:) Oh how I long for the days when a Maker's in Coke would be more than adequate! :banghead: I blame you Bourbon Boiler!!!!! :thankyousign:

After a few pours from your fine collection, she'll be saying, "Who needs a mud room?" :grin:

I, too, think back on the simpler times on occasion: when a little EWB on the rocks was sufficient - ah, innocence ...

Funny how your tastes can change so drastically after sampling such a wide variety of bottles.

It's also funny how others try to pigeon hole you into something that you like and always expect that from you, or give it to you as a gift. I like all bourbon....period. I've got a friend that had some MM on his shelf once when I brought over a bottle of OWA. I was telling him how good the OWA was compared to the MM, and from there on out I was labeled an "MM Hater" in his opinion. Anytime I have MM with me, or on my shelf, he always says "I thought you didn't like MM." Since then, I have always made a good effort to drink all of his MM whenever he's got it, and take my bottle back home with me. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I talked the wife into letting me take over the shelves below our built-in buffet as my bourbon storage. Just loaded it up tonight, been at this about 6 months and there are still a couple I'm after, but I'm happy with my start. Clearly, I like Weller and ORVW107.

post-5479-14489817861231_thumb.jpg

post-5479-14489817861632_thumb.jpg

post-5479-14489817861231_thumb.jpg

post-5479-14489817861632_thumb.jpg

Well, I talked the wife into letting me take over the shelves below our built-in buffet as my bourbon storage. Just loaded it up tonight, been at this about 6 months and there are still a couple I'm after, but I'm happy with my start. Clearly, I like Weller and ORVW107.

Quick question..how was that Black Maple Hill red label you have there?

It's alright, kinda sweet and banana-y. Not a thing like the 16yr. It's plenty good for the money.

It's alright, kinda sweet and banana-y. Not a thing like the 16yr. It's plenty good for the money.

The bottle of BMH I tried also reeked of banana.

I liked BMH. It was definitely sweeter than most, but I thought it was a nice change of pace. It would be a great dessert bourbon.

If my wife is feeling adventurous and wants a glass of "brown wine", I usually pour her that or Angel's Envy.

Spent a bit of time doing some inventory today. All of my opened stuff is at home while all the unopened stuff stays in boxes downstairs in the wine cellar.

Pappy galore

f531803f.jpg

PHC and JPS goodies

d2d26032.jpg

BTAC and other misc

4fc460c4.jpg

CnB OWA SB selections 58/59/60 and some WSR AS + Weller 12

e3a4804d.jpg

Tico, that's a lot of vW FR Rye!!

had to go down and check my Pappy stash

IMAG0555-1.jpg

Dang Tico! I like the blue chairs in the background! :grin:

And the VW Rye!

• 2 weeks later...
The good stuff!!!

That's a nice stash! I like the BTAC in the back along with the rest of the bourbon.

Trey has hit on a great idea. Open one and try it. That said, I'll leave it up to you....the audience. Pick one of the bottles pictured, and the one with the most votes at then end of the weekend will get opened and reviewed. Remember, no bottle is sacrosanct and if you have a question about what is there, just ask and I will tell.

Trey has hit on a great idea. Open one and try it. That said, I'll leave it up to you....the audience. Pick one of the bottles pictured, and the one with the most votes at then end of the weekend will get opened and reviewed. Remember, no bottle is sacrosanct and if you have a question about what is there, just ask and I will tell.

The starter bourbon is the EWSB. Just ask Chuck. :cool:

Pappy 20 is hard to beat and the reason I'm on this forum.

It KILLS me that not a single one of those bottles is open. Just try one. I dare you...

Call me if you need helping these!

EWSB or OFBB would be my choices. The wheaters can just stay the way they are.... :grin:

It KILLS me that not a single one of those bottles is open. Just try one. I dare you...

Just insane to have multiples of so many of them without tasting them. Congrats newman on having money to burn.

Oh he's never even tried any of them...now it makes sense why he has so much ER17 at $70/bottle. I just thought it was his favorite bourbon or something.

• jbutler locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!