Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Okay, I finally got around to updating my inventory (again), and taking a few pics. By one way or another, I have been steadily working my stash down the last few months. At one time I had close to 200 bottles, twenty nine of which were open. My latest tally is, 21 open, 101 bunkered and 31 200 mls & 375 mils. Everything I have is in my pics. Before, I had boxes filled, and a few down in the basement. The only thing I have in the basement now, is a WRMC Sonoma Cutrer. I won't even take that to the bowling alley on Wednesday's for my team to try. :lol: Cheers! Joe

Haven't visited this thread in a while, but that is very impressive.

FWIW, below is a pic of what my stash looked like when I started out here.

That's my favorite KBF poster. I like that it's so simple (and doesn't show cold/ diluted whiskey). :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to update my bunker spreadsheet so I have an accurate idea of what I actually have...took this picture today! I love me some Weller Centennial!

IMG_0116.jpg

This is one of my favorite threads. I am amazed at the size and quality of many of your collections. I am nowhere near this level, but am starting to accumulate a decent size stash, with a lot of money invested (for me, at least). If it is a sickness, I got it.

So my question is this: are people separately insuring their whiskey? I can't tell you how devastated I would be if a tornado/fire/rampaging escaped gorilla/etc. broke all my bottles. Presumably, homeowner's insurance would cover it, but I can also see it being a good idea to get a separate rider to get the full replacement value in the event of such a disaster.

Very interested in hearing about what others do.

I think it has been covered already. Consensus was that you do not want your insurance company to know that you collect bottles of fire "accelerant":hot:

a69363f6-b007-1f31.jpg

My small bourbon stash. Will probably not grow much more anytime soon. Time to start drinking it instead of storing it. Everyday is a special occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a69363f6-b007-1f31.jpg

My small bourbon stash. Will probably not grow much more anytime soon. Time to start drinking it instead of storing it. Everyday is a special occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't tell you how devastated I would be if a tornado/fire/rampaging escaped gorilla/etc.

I setup a separate rampaging gorilla policy, I can send you my guy's info.:grin:

I love seeing the stashes as well, fun to see people collecting and enjoying!

My little bar has gotten progressively smaller over the past few weeks. Here's what it looks like at the moment. However, inventory probably won't be changing too much in the near future as I'm cutting back big time on liquor consumption.

Not too much bourbon on hand at the moment. While I love both Pappy 15 and 20 dearly I'm starting to get over the whole craziness. The two bottles that I have will probably be the last I get so I'm going to enjoy them then move on. Plenty of other great bourbons out there!

IMG_1904-1.jpg

I setup a separate rampaging gorilla policy, I can send you my guy's info.:grin:

I love seeing the stashes as well, fun to see people collecting and enjoying!

You can never be too careful.

I also find this thread immensely helpful in convincing my wife why in the world I need to buy yet another bottle of bourbon. Just open this thread up and say, "See honey, my collection is small. Now these guys, they are really crazy!" :lol: She is starting to call my bs, though.

Yeah, I do the wine thing too. I should get into collecting money and get a bunker going in my savings account.

I just moved to a new apartment and finally have room for a liquor cabinet. At last the whole stash is in one place.

edit: Man, my phone and my computer view that picture vertically. I feel like such a tool.

post-4578-14489817795094_thumb.jpg

edit: Man, my phone and my computer view that picture vertically. I feel like such a tool.

Let me guess, it's an Apple.

Love that cabinet dohidied, where did you get it?

Yes. That is the cabinet i have been looking for...

I just moved to a new apartment and finally have room for a liquor cabinet. At last the whole stash is in one place.

ditto on the cabinet! that ogd bib you got looks pretty good.

Love that cabinet dohidied, where did you get it?

Thanks. We found it at Crate & Barrel.

Let me guess, it's an Apple.

Yes, sir. They just work until they don't.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it has been covered already. Consensus was that you do not want your insurance company to know that you collect bottles of fire "accelerant":hot:

Urban myth. That, or the consensus group is using the wrong insurance companies.

My insurance company knows I keep a lot of spirits in the house. When I called to insure my stash, they didn't balk at its value or the quantity of spirit. They kindly informed me that they are happy to insure my "personal property" and told me that should I ever suffer a loss, they will issue me a check for the replacement value and acquisition costs.

The representative and later the policy underwriter both informed me that insuring a large amount of limited availability spirits was not uncommon. I was also given additional documentation that stated should a loss due to fire occur, that my spirits would not prevent the resolution of a claim.

Virus_Of_Life's response in this thread indicates much the same as my post, here.

Imagine if you got conked on the head and when you came to you found yourself on a desert island with all those Van Winkles in a box. Would you think you were in heaven? I know I would! :grin:

I"ll second the above. The most amazing collection of Van Winkle's I've ever seen. You should be really proud!!!

Here's my stash with my bar (not pictured is my Tornado and CEHT SB as well as the Laphroaig 18yr)

bar.jpg

The bottom left shelf is all my open bourbon (besides the lonely JB Black, and Old Grand Nast)

In that bourbon shelf is:

OWA (2009 ed)

Evan Williams SB 2000

W.L. Weller 12yr (another that is not pictured is bunkered)

Maker's Mark

BT

WR

4RSB (another bunkered)

KCSB

PHC 5th Ed (bunker version above)

WR MC Maple Wood Finish

Willett Estate Reserve 7yr

EC 12

ER 17 (2011) (bunker version above)

GTS (2010) (bunker version above is 2011)

WLW (2010) (bunker version above is 2011 and there are 2 2010s bunkered)

VWFR Lot B 12yr (2011 release)

PVW 15 (2008 release)

• 2 weeks later...

So I have only been at this for about 9 months now and my stash is not nearly as impressive as some of the others posted, but I figured I might as well share.

Unfortunately, over the last 9 months I have learned that I have an expensive pallet. (Hopefully my wife never finds out I blew the money for our mud room remodel on bourbon! :70358-devil:) Oh how I long for the days when a Maker's in Coke would be more than adequate! :banghead: I blame you Bourbon Boiler!!!!! :thankyousign:

post-7799-14489817847294_thumb.jpg

post-7799-1448981784763_thumb.jpg

post-7799-14489817847911_thumb.jpg

post-7799-14489817848257_thumb.jpg

post-7799-1448981784859_thumb.jpg

post-7799-14489817848909_thumb.jpg

post-7799-14489817847294_thumb.jpg

post-7799-1448981784763_thumb.jpg

post-7799-14489817847911_thumb.jpg

post-7799-14489817848257_thumb.jpg

post-7799-1448981784859_thumb.jpg

post-7799-14489817848909_thumb.jpg

So I have only been at this for about 9 months now and my stash is not nearly as impressive as some of the others posted, but I figured I might as well share.

Unfortunately, over the last 9 months I have learned that I have an expensive pallet. (Hopefully my wife never finds out I blew the money for our mud room remodel on bourbon! :70358-devil:) Oh how I long for the days when a Maker's in Coke would be more than adequate! :banghead: I blame you Bourbon Boiler!!!!! :thankyousign:

• jbutler locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!