Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Trey has hit on a great idea. Open one and try it. That said, I'll leave it up to you....the audience. Pick one of the bottles pictured, and the one with the most votes at then end of the weekend will get opened and reviewed. Remember, no bottle is sacrosanct and if you have a question about what is there, just ask and I will tell.

Trey has hit on a great idea. Open one and try it. That said, I'll leave it up to you....the audience. Pick one of the bottles pictured, and the one with the most votes at then end of the weekend will get opened and reviewed. Remember, no bottle is sacrosanct and if you have a question about what is there, just ask and I will tell.

You remind me of someone. Do you have a sister in Augusta, GA?

The EWSB consist of 1998, 2000 x7, 2001 and 2002.

Nope, no sisters in Georgia and I learned how to dress myself long ago.

Go ahead and open the OCPR SS or WTRR 101. You can break open a Pappy or EWSB anytime...

Okay, we have 2 votes for the PVW20, 3 votes for the EWSB, one malcontent and one ass. I'll leave it up to you to figure out which is which. That said the EWSB is the winner. Standby for the review.

LoL. Notice that not many people can choose just one. I am adding another vote for Pappy 20.

Ok, then I'm going to vote for EWSB 2000

Did you ever open yours?

You remind me of someone. Do you have a sister in Augusta, GA?

This is post of the year!

Some of these stashes seem a bit light on rye, figured I would change that with some High West.

HighWest2.jpg

Some of these stashes seem a bit light on rye, figured I would change that with some High West.

Very nice Will. I picked up some 16s after tasting yours, thanks!

Very nice. I take it you love the 16yr?!..:cool:

Very nice Will. I picked up some 16s after tasting yours, thanks!
Always glad to share! Next time we'll pop a 21 and give that a go.
Nice! I wish they sold High West products in Dallas
Wow, really? It sounds like HW needs to get a distributor down there ASAP.
Very nice. I take it you love the 16yr?!

Yes, very tasty and very unique. IMO, the best of their lineup and a stellar rye in it's own right.

This is why I can't find a bottle of the 16 year anywhere!

I guess it looks like I am partially to blame:grin: When I heard there would be no more of the HW 16, I took the opportunity to grab a few before it starts getting hard to come by. The 16 is simply one of those whiskeys I am not content with saying "when it's gone, it's gone" - I would like some to enjoy down the road.

FYI, y'all...we DO have a distributor in Texas. Please visit your favorite retailer and tell them High West can be ordered through Pioneer Wine Co.

Where the magic happens...sometimes.

post-8419-14489817908804_thumb.jpg

Some BTAC and ryes

post-8419-14489817907869_thumb.jpg

Parkers, Pappy, etc.

post-8419-14489817908097_thumb.jpg

Short/Squat bottles

post-8419-14489817908341_thumb.jpg

Scotch corner. Believe it or not, I used to have as almost as many single malt bottles a few years ago as I have bourbon/rye bottles now. Bad glare, but that's Laphroig 18, Caol Ila, Glenmorangie, Lagavulin, and Aberlour.

post-8419-14489817908577_thumb.jpg

Here's about 75% of the tequila selection.

It's more impressive than the bourbon selection. I rely a bit on sob too keep me well stocked on the bourbon. By 2013, I think we're just going to open a speakeasy.

post-8457-1448981790912_thumb.jpg

Here's about 75% of the tequila selection.

It's more impressive than the bourbon selection. I rely a bit on sob too keep me well stocked on the bourbon. By 2013, I think we're just going to open a speakeasy.

What is that "skull" bottle?

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?muv0t5

A tequila question I can actually answer. The skull bottles are KAH tequila. I'm no tequila expert, but I thought the anejo (black bottle) was quite good.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?muv0t5

It's KAH. They're all pretty good. Anejo is the best. The reposado is a 110 proof fire water that is quite tasty. The blanco is very basic, but very smooth and tasty.

Nice stash Trey. It's cool to see pics of open bottles. Speaking of open... Go ahead and bust into that PHC 27. It's a nice pour.

Max, how can you stand to have so many open at one time. How long before you finish them off? Aren't you afraid of time changing the taste?

• jbutler locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!