Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Max, how can you stand to have so many open at one time. How long before you finish them off? Aren't you afraid of time changing the taste?

Nice stash Trey. It's cool to see pics of open bottles. Speaking of open... Go ahead and bust into that PHC 27. It's a nice pour.

Thank you, sir. Keeping bottles unopened is not one of my talents. However, with 23 open bottles of whiskey, I've decided I need to finish a few before I open any more.

For one, that bottle of Booker's has been around for way too long. I can't seem to get excited about it when there are open bottles of WLW, GTS, PVW15, THH, and PHC10 so close by. I think next time I have someone over that I don't like I will make them shoot it.

• 4 weeks later...

As those who have visited know most of my bottles are not displayed in a manner to "show off" (In fact due to the shelves holding other stuff blocking the light, I have to use a flashlight to identify specific bottles. However, last August I had a custom entertainment unit with shelves added to my family room and I was finally able to throw some bottles up to see. After several months I decided that the shelves need to be reorganized due to getting a couple more things that I wanted to display. After much effort (and compromise with the wife about her nutcrackers) I finally have a display that I can show.

post-1286-14489817993623_thumb.jpg

post-1286-14489817994026_thumb.jpg

post-1286-1448981799443_thumb.jpg

post-1286-14489817994843_thumb.jpg

post-1286-14489817995237_thumb.jpg

Nice, Tom. I see you have the dark side of the force watching over your stash ..:grin:

As those who have visited know most of my bottles are not displayed in a manner to "show off" (In fact due to the shelves holding other stuff blocking the light, I have to use a flashlight to identify specific bottles. However, last August I had a custom entertainment unit with shelves added to my family room and I was finally able to throw some bottles up to see. After several months I decided that the shelves need to be reorganized due to getting a couple more things that I wanted to display. After much effort (and compromise with the wife about her nutcrackers) I finally have a display that I can show.

Any thoughts on the Highland Park Thor?

Is Darth a nutcracker too?

Yes, Darth is one of my wife's nutcrackers....I figured it would be very appropriate to have him with the scotch.

Any thoughts on the Highland Park Thor?

I haven't tried it yet....it and the Pappy print were the new items that inspired me to rearrange the shelf. I plan to crack it in the next week or two (I try to empty a bottle before opening a new one).

Yes, Darth is one of my wife's nutcrackers....I figured it would be very appropriate to have him with the scotch.

Tom, you keep buying whiskey/y and Barb may be using one of those nut crackers:grin:

Tom: You should convert the nutcrackers into cork-pullers and combine the hobbies!

Great looking selection. Congrats on the shelves.

Tom, you keep buying whiskey/y and Barb may be using one of those nut crackers:grin:

Now that's funny.

My young but growing stash. I can't wait for the fall. The 2 EH Taylors, RittRye BIB and ER 17 Fall 2008 is my bunker, and should keep me out of trouble for 2 more bottles, cause the box holds 6. After that, I guess I have to get another box which may look suspicious.:slappin:

post-8610-1448981799745_thumb.jpg

post-8610-14489817997856_thumb.jpg

post-8610-14489817998248_thumb.jpg

My young but growing stash. I can't wait for the fall. The 2 EH Taylors, RittRye BIB and ER 17 Fall 2008 is my bunker, and should keep me out of trouble for 2 more bottles, cause the box holds 6. After that, I guess I have to get another box which may look suspicious.:slappin:

Just move up to a 12-bottle box. Liquor stores give 'em away...

Of course, it won't have the panache of the EHT box... :grin:

You could also buy a 12 bottle wine shipper. I have my entire collection in a few of these. However, I'm paranoid of earthquakes. And, on the positive side, no one knows what's in the cardboard box either unless I tell them, though, my wife notices but after a few more she might not be able to tell the difference between 10 or 15.

Just got an antique general store display case for my bar brought into my basement. I've cleaned it up and setup my whiskey in it here:

post-8630-14489817999471_thumb.jpg

Decided to crack open a bottle of A H Hirsch with the gold foil to celebrate.

post-8630-14489817999471_thumb.jpg

Just got an antique general store display case for my bar brought into my basement. I've cleaned it up and setup my whiskey in it here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13690[/ATTACH]

Does the case load from the front, or just from the back?

That's f##king cool

That's f##king cool

Watch it paul, i'm going to report you to the moderators for your vulgar choice of words!... just kidding, that case is f##king cool.

Does the case load from the front, or just from the back?

The case loads from the back. The top glass is also removable.

• jbutler locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!