Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Most of this I've found while living in Florida over the past two years.FGuWpzX.jpg

Edited by OGD114

• 2 weeks later...

I recently moved into a new apartment and upgraded my old IKEA cube organizer to a proper wooden cabinet. My (mainly rye) whiskey shares its space with some fine literature including Will and Ariel Durant's The Story of Civilizaton and the endlessly readable The Civil War: A Narrative by Shelby Foote. And of course a copy of the Whiskey Family Tree.

I'm mainly interested in variety over collectibility or rarity, but there are a few bottles I find noteworthy including a cask strength Roundstone Rye from Catoctin Creek, Silver Fox rye from Big Springs Distillery just down the road from me in Bellefonte, PA and several old bottles of scotch recently discovered in my grandfather's basement. There's also a 1999 Dom Perignon lurking in there acting pretty much as a bookend that my Dad gave to me on the off chance I ever get married or have something similarly monumental to celebrate. Like maybe winning a Pappy or BTAC lottery here in good old draconian PA.

Not pictured are bottles of OGD114, WT101 Rye, Henry McKenna BIB, and Rittenhouse all of which fell in battle over the last several weeks.

IMG_2508.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Just reduced my collection to what I really enjoy sipping on...the rest went to my wife's nephew who is new to bourbon; let him explore...

collection.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is my new cabinet in my basement for my bunker.  All of these are closed, the opens are through out the other floors of the house.

image.jpeg

Looks very nice. Although it looks like you are about ready for a second one!

23 hours ago, Three quarks said:

Beautiful cabinet!! Hopefully, the sun doesn't strike them directly.

No, not directly.  The windows are also very low E so they block most UV, but I also purchased some black out curtains that will be put up today or tomorrow.  Can never be too safe. 

On April 24, 2016 at 3:37 PM, ThirstyinOhio said:

This is my new cabinet in my basement for my bunker.  All of these are closed, the opens are through out the other floors of the house.

image.jpeg

Awesome Cabinet, I see the doors close, that means you're running low :)

I agree with everyone else. Awesome cabinet. 

Cheers! Joe

• 1 month later...

Not a huge bunker but quite a few unicorns.   I am most proud that I have never paid more than MSRP for any bottle nor have I ever sold one on the secondary market.   I guess I am fortunate to have lived in two state controlled liqueur areas that allow special order lists.   Some have taken as much as 4 years on the list like PVW15 & 20.   Others same year like ETL and W12.   

image.jpeg

Oh, I do open them, but try to limit open bottles to 5 at a time.  Two every day drinkers and three Unicorns.     

On April 24, 2016 at 3:37 PM, ThirstyinOhio said:

image.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Usually, the bar top is half full of my wife's wine, but I thought I'd get the whiskey family together for a family photo today. Nowhere near what some of you fellas here have going, but it'll grow if I can manage to buy faster than I drink!!

image.jpeg

Usually, the bar top is half full of my wife's wine, but I thought I'd get the whiskey family together for a family photo today. Nowhere near what some of you fellas here have going, but it'll grow if I can manage to buy faster than I drink!!

image.jpeg

Nice collection. I'll post mine a little later. How's the Elijah Craig? I hear it's great but haven't had yet.

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, morebourbon85 said:

Nice collection. I'll post mine a little later. How's the Elijah Craig? I hear it's great but haven't had yet.

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

Thanks!  The ECBP is amazing.  Hard to believe it's only 50 bucks.  I've currently got 1 1/2 bottles of batch 8 and 1 bottle of batch 10.  The other EC you see is an ECNAS.

4 minutes ago, lrochau said:

Miss the day of drinking pappy on the reg as Kenny powers would say...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Your just making flippers slobber all over themselves with those pics. Amazing collection there that is for sure.

Old photos though, circa 2010.  Still have a stash but more empty bottles than full ones.

7 hours ago, lrochau said:

Old photos though, circa 2010.  Still have a stash but more empty bottles than full ones.

As it should be.

I noticed a bottle of Hill & Hill in the picture. Do you remember how that was? I was looking for some info on this brand a little while ago and couldn't find much. 

On June 23, 2016 at 10:42 PM, lrochau said:

A tip of the hat to that statement kind Sir. 

• 3 weeks later...

eadbffb26c96046cc10bae4d766084f8.jpg

Had a new shelf delivered today and got it assembled. Had hoped it was big enough to get all the "stash" together but it wasn't. Still very pleased with it as it's very solid, was easy to assemble, and didn't break the bank

It's easier now to see where I need to drink some down so I can create more space.

Started out trying to go "bottom shelfers" at the bottom but it didn't work out quite right. In fact truly some of those in the bottom could have moved up IMHO.

68fca417eefaffa28735e31926645b19.jpg

Very nice Bill. Just so you know, drinking/paring down your bunker is easier said than done. :unsure: I've been working on doing just that for a couple of years or so now. As I've stated before, I just can't pass up a good deal on stuff I like. One step forward, two steps back. Rinse, wash, repeat……… :huh: Good luck.

Cheers! Joe

Thought you guys would like this.... I finally got all of my 4RPS bottles together for a family photo!

YYSd7yZ.jpg

3 hours ago, silverc said:

Thought you guys would like this.... I finally got all of my 4RPS bottles together for a family photo!

That's very cool. Nice job!

It was a cold and rainy day here in the city of Brisbane, Australia yesterday, and with the wife in Singapore on business, I took the opportunity to do a bit of collection re-arranging.  The room I keep the bottles in has been bugging me for some time now.  It's a long skinny room that doesn't work well, and while I'm still not 100% happy with it, it's better than it was.

Before: Cabinets all down one wall

image5.JPG

After moving all the bottles out to the media/rumpus room:

image1.JPG

Looking down the same left-hand side as the original picture:

image2.JPG

Panning a bit more to the right side of the room:

image3.JPG

• jbutler locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!