Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

15 hours ago, Whiskeythink.com said:

Thats a lotta OG 114...and also a New Glarus Cherry!

Good eye.  I collect sours and New Glarus makes some great ones. 

It's been a while since I've posted here. I normally clean my cabinet and do an inventory at least 3 or 4 times a year, but I haven't been able to do so this year. This year has been taxing to say the least.  :mellow:  I won't bother y'all with the details. Anyway, I finally had to say screw it, and clean up "my room" a little. Please pardon the dust. I ain't got that far yet. In case any of y'all are wondering about the stuffed animals and trinkets on the top right shelf, they're gifts from my special olympics bowling kids, fellow coaches, and kids I used to coach in high school. Aside from about 25 bottles I have stashed away for safe keeping, this is my stash. I plan on consuming or sharing all that you see. 

Cheers! Joe

bunk1.jpeg

bunk3.jpeg

bunk2.jpeg

bunk4.jpeg

bunk5.jpeg

9 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

It's been a while since I've posted here. I normally clean my cabinet and do an inventory at least 3 or 4 times a year, but I haven't been able to do so this year. This year has been taxing to say the least.  :mellow:  I won't bother y'all with the details. Anyway, I finally had to say screw it, and clean up "my room" a little. Please pardon the dust. I ain't got that far yet. In case any of y'all are wondering about the stuffed animals and trinkets on the top right shelf, they're gifts from my special olympics bowling kids, fellow coaches, and kids I used to coach in high school. Aside from about 25 bottles I have stashed away for safe keeping, this is my stash. I plan on consuming or sharing all that you see. 

Cheers! Joe

bunk1.jpeg

bunk3.jpeg

bunk2.jpeg

bunk4.jpeg

bunk5.jpeg

Bourbon drinker's paradise ! 

4 minutes ago, JNeff33 said:

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

All The Parker's together. You're not seeing this every day. Great collection ! 

2 minutes ago, Masset1982 said:

Thanks. It was one that after I was given the golden anniversary from my brother for my wedding and able to obtain the 27 year that I decided to chase each and every year. It's getting more difficult to keep it going, but well worth it. Have my collection broken down into four areas, Bourbon/Rye, Buffalo Trace distillate, Scotch/Irish and Michigan distilleries.

IMG_0244.JPG

1 hour ago, Louisiana said:

Nice Stash Joe! Now where's a picture of the 25 you have stashed away! :D

Well, it's actually 26. But who's counting? :lol: Actually, I forgot I added another bottle a while back.

With the exception of about six or eight bottles, these are 'extras' of what are pictured in my earlier post. These are the bottles I'm saving for when and if I finally drink my bunker down. :huh: Either that, or it's my families inheritance. :P

Cheers! Joe

xb1.jpeg

xb2.jpeg

xb3.jpeg

xb4.jpeg

Snoopy must have been sampling the wares.  He appears to have fallen flat on his face by the last photo.

4 hours ago, Masset1982 said:

4 hours ago, JNeff33 said:

Thanks. It was one that after I was given the golden anniversary from my brother for my wedding and able to obtain the 27 year that I decided to chase each and every year. It's getting more difficult to keep it going, but well worth it. Have my collection broken down into four areas, Bourbon/Rye, Buffalo Trace distillate, Scotch/Irish and Michigan distilleries.

IMG_0244.JPG

That's a beautiful sight...both the bourbon and the MSU stuff. Go Green!

One more pic just for fun. I was getting some more Xmas stuff out of the attic, and I found my old MM lights. :)

This pic is of my stash at night. Tis' the season! :D

Ho! Ho! Ho! Joe

night.jpg

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

One more pic just for fun. I was getting some more Xmas stuff out of the attic, and I found my old MM lights. :)

Ho! Ho! Ho! Joe

night.jpg

Nice. I'm now inspired to drink bourbon while listening to Frank, Dino, and Sammy croon some carols.

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Well, it's actually 26. But who's counting? :lol: Actually, I forgot I added another bottle a while back.

With the exception of about six or eight bottles, these are 'extras' of what are pictured in my earlier post. These are the bottles I'm saving for when and if I finally drink my bunker down. :huh: Either that, or it's my families inheritance. :P

Cheers! Joe

xb1.jpeg

xb2.jpeg

xb3.jpeg

xb4.jpeg

Love the Old Forester bottle & the Fitz. 

I always appreciate the photos fellas. I'm really impressed with the display and storage setups y'all have. Most of mine are stashed in the back of a closet hidden like my grandpas old dirty magazines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Ho! Ho! Ho! Joe

night.jpg

Very nice, lots of dusties based on the other pics, love the back lighting, are those makers bottles? Did the same with my main cabinet, adds a nice touch during the holidays.

IMG_0241.JPG

12 hours ago, silverc said:

That's a beautiful sight...both the bourbon and the MSU stuff. Go Green!

Thanks, Go White!

Just got the inventory into Excel which I thought would be a good idea... then with just a few clicks I now know the bunker' s dollar value. Maybe not such a great idea...  

Edited by JTaylor
For these guys^^^^^^^^^^^^ Go Blue!

Just got the inventory into Excel which I thought would be a good idea... then with just a few clicks I now know the bunker' s dollar value. Maybe not such a great idea...  

I use Wine+ app, it is designed for wine but does a good job for bourbon as well. Sometimes it is an eye opener.

1 minute ago, Thig said:

I use Wine+ app, it is designed for wine but does a good job for bourbon as well. Sometimes it is an eye opener.

Thanks Thig, I'll check it out. I tried Air table but wasn't liking it too much...

My very humble collection. I've snagged a few others in the last couple of weeks that are not pictured, but nothing worth noting. I am seriously in awe of some of you guys. 

unnamed-4.jpg

I was reminded that I didn't post an update on the bunker after we moved into a townhome we purchased in early September. Half the basement is finished and the cabinetry that's down there, while a bit oddly placed, is perfectly functional for what I needed. It's nice knowing my bottles are now (very likely) in their final resting place. 

Overall shot - left counter is part 4R display, part 'on deck' bottles. Under that counter is my stash of closed American bottles, residing on a pair of lazy susans which is quite convenient for browsing. Above that counter is glassware.

Right counter is all the opens including scotch. The cabinet above that counter is closed scotch, inc. grain and single malt. Below that counter are a series of drawers including one where I stash all the 2oz samples I keep from my own stuff as well as things friends have sent me.

CAERgAr.jpg

The bunkered scotch

0XJWrVH.jpg

Couple of personal gems stashed way back in the corners of the American bunker...

KzYBd1m.jpg

42H2TTJ.jpg

I like samples

gpMXMi2.jpg

Since Joe posted a night shot... my sister knows someone who does Edison bulb lamps with booze bottles, I plan on reaching out to her to see about doing one with some sort of 4R bottle, probably a single barrel/PS one.

qhI5nAR.jpg

• jbutler locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!