Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, camduncan said:

It was a cold and rainy day here in the city of Brisbane, Australia yesterday, and with the wife in Singapore on business, I took the opportunity to do a bit of collection re-arranging.  The room I keep the bottles in has been bugging me for some time now.  It's a long skinny room that doesn't work well, and while I'm still not 100% happy with it, it's better than it was.

That's a beautiful collection and a really nice way to display it.

• 2 months later...

Moved some of my bourbon (that I try to always have one of open) to a place that is easier for me to get. And because it's been awhile since I've put some pics on here, thought I would take a few. 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

If y'all didn't know, I really like Old Scout...

Edited by LCWoody

I no longer feel bad about picking up a third bottle of old scout. ..

Ha, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I moved this weekend so this was the first time in a long time that almost everything was out of my closet and in one place. It also found a new home in the new kitchen.

moving_cropped.jpg

Edited by TheVilleWRX

I moved this weekend so this was the first time in a long time that almost everything was out of my closet and in one place. It also found a new home in the new kitchen.

moving_cropped.jpg

All that quality booze and it looks like you prefer the OGD :)

3 hours ago, b1gcountry said:

All that quality booze and it looks like you prefer the OGD :)

Heh, yeah. Some people can have 20 bottles open and slowly sample from them over an extended period of time. I can't, if its open I'm gonna drink it. And I don't like letting an open bottle last longer than a year. I try to keep 2 or 3 open at a time. Right now its OGD, FRLE15, and a Yippie Ki Yay. And yes, the OGD gets hit pretty hard - I like to have a drink of something good and than immediately switch to the cheap stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Wlrogers said:

As you can tell, I'm just beginning.

1526c66454d656e81ab124e83e5c718f.jpg

This is a nice selection.    ...Especially for a "beginner". 

My advice: Don't skip past the lower shelves in your quest for Bourbon enlightenment, though.    Many very nice pours, that have sustained many folx for many a year, are to be had down there... and, for considerably less cheddar than some of the ones you're displaying.   ....Not to say any of these are wanting in any way.    Just to say that you would do yourself a favor to taste some less costly Bourbons in an effort to establish your preferences, while giving your wallet a break.    Try any Bottled-in-Bond offerings you can locate.     They are a great way to find out about the various big distilleries' styles, and are almost always good bargains, for very well-made Bourbon.     Also, the 'airplane' bottles are a quick and cheap way to try some of the offerings that are available that way.

Also... you might wanna introduce yourself in the 'New to SB ' area.    Have FUN here.     That's what it's for, after all.

My modest collection. There are a few more OWA and maybe a couple other duplicates squirrelled away.

20161009_184242_resized_2.jpg

Haven't been on for a while and haven't really been hunting/purchasing in a few years.     I finally got around to updating my password, so I figured this would be a good thread to post in as a return to SB.

The open bottles as well as the bunker.

20161009_143618.jpg

20161009_143516.jpg

Edited by skidfive

• 1 month later...

Pretty tame by SB standards, and not much by way of BTAC or VW unicorns except a lone T.H. Handy, but I have enough choices to keep me happy... for now... but I'm still searching...

bourbon 1a.jpg

3 WTRR store picks (2 different barrels) and 4 different 4R SB recipes and one standard 4R SB.

bourbon 2a.jpg

bourbon 3a.jpg

Had to get the Old Taylor (see user name)

bourbon 4a.jpg

1 EC 18 and three ECBP

bourbon 5a.jpg

Jr. three different batches. ER 10 all store picks. The "Pappy" bottle is my SB Blend.

bourbon 6a.jpg

bourbon 7a.jpg

The rest of the open bottles.

Edited by JTaylor

• 3 weeks later...

The wife got me a cool whiskey cabinet that came in today, I guess I'll keep her around for awhile. (My old lady that is)

IMG_1528.JPG

27 minutes ago, Bourbonmakesmepoop said:

IMG_1526.JPG

Now that there is a great whiskey cabinet!  Your wife has great tastes.

I posted this a while back when it was in it's beginning, thought I would post an updated version - around 140 so far, still have some room left. These are only ones that I have bought and tasted, the large mostly empty bottles that coincide with these are in the attic displayed. Top shelf -misc , second shelf -4r,JB,Brown/foreman -3rd shelf - BT,HH, bottom shelf,--misc.minis2.jpg

19 hours ago, 0895 said:

Now that there is a great whiskey cabinet!  Your wife has great tastes.

I second the motion. Great looking cabinet!!

5 hours ago, dSculptor said:

I posted this a while back when it was in it's beginning, thought I would post an updated version - around 140 so far, still have some room left. These are only ones that I have bought and tasted, the large mostly empty bottles that coincide with these are in the attic displayed. Top shelf -misc , second shelf -4r,JB,Brown/foreman -3rd shelf - BT,HH, bottom shelf,--misc.minis2.jpg

Are those all 2oz minis for display purposes only?  Or someday planning a party to remember "the old days"?  I don't have a display, but have started a collection of 2oz sample "archives" of stuff I want to revisit in the future (like a time capsule of sorts; figure in 20 yrs from now I won't remember what ND OGD tasted like, or what 2012 FR SmBLE was like, etc).

Just curious what the wooden box is on the lower shelf?  Looks familiar (but not sure if it is the same type or not).

13 hours ago, GaryT said:

Are those all 2oz minis for display purposes only?  Or someday planning a party to remember "the old days"?  I don't have a display, but have started a collection of 2oz sample "archives" of stuff I want to revisit in the future (like a time capsule of sorts; figure in 20 yrs from now I won't remember what ND OGD tasted like, or what 2012 FR SmBLE was like, etc).

Just curious what the wooden box is on the lower shelf?  Looks familiar (but not sure if it is the same type or not).

Hey Gary, For now they are trophy's, but will definitely re-visit down the road, or my son/daughter will. They are actually 1.7 oz. bottles, (they call them sauce bottles). I make the labels and on the back have a description label as well, how much the contents cost, how old, etc. The box is just one of those small hand carved boxes from India or somewhere like that.

7 minutes ago, Bbstout said:

Didn't realize how much Booze I've bunkered until I moved into my new house. 

Bourbon Stout.jpg

Thats a lotta OG 114...and also a New Glarus Cherry!

• jbutler locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!