Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 12/10/2016 at 6:56 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Well, it's actually 26. But who's counting? :lol: Actually, I forgot I added another bottle a while back.

With the exception of about six or eight bottles, these are 'extras' of what are pictured in my earlier post. These are the bottles I'm saving for when and if I finally drink my bunker down. :huh: Either that, or it's my families inheritance. :P

Cheers! Joe

xb1.jpeg

xb2.jpeg

xb3.jpeg

xb4.jpeg

Joe, love the PHC's signed by Parker! Are those the Blend of Mashbills? 

46 minutes ago, Auracom said:

I was reminded that I didn't post an update on the bunker after we moved into a townhome we purchased in early September. Half the basement is finished and the cabinetry that's down there, while a bit oddly placed, is perfectly functional for what I needed. It's nice knowing my bottles are now (very likely) in their final resting place. 

Overall shot - left counter is part 4R display, part 'on deck' bottles. Under that counter is my stash of closed American bottles, residing on a pair of lazy susans which is quite convenient for browsing. Above that counter is glassware.

Right counter is all the opens including scotch. The cabinet above that counter is closed scotch, inc. grain and single malt. Below that counter are a series of drawers including one where I stash all the 2oz samples I keep from my own stuff as well as things friends have sent me.

CAERgAr.jpg

The bunkered scotch

0XJWrVH.jpg

Couple of personal gems stashed way back in the corners of the American bunker...

KzYBd1m.jpg

42H2TTJ.jpg

I like samples

gpMXMi2.jpg

Since Joe posted a night shot... my sister knows someone who does Edison bulb lamps with booze bottles, I plan on reaching out to her to see about doing one with some sort of 4R bottle, probably a single barrel/PS one.

qhI5nAR.jpg

Nice stuff. Did you try the Ardbeg Dark Cove? I almost bought a bottle but was a bit $$ for me. I think it was around $120. Huge Ardbeg fan.

16 minutes ago, Old Dusty said:

Joe, love the PHC's signed by Parker! Are those the Blend of Mashbills? 

They are both releases of the wheated bourbon. The bourbons themselves have some sentimental value, but Parkers signature is the main reason I have them tucked away.

20 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

They are both releases of the wheated bourbon. The bourbons themselves have some sentimental value, but Parkers signature is the main reason I have them tucked away.

Very cool. I see now it's the more brown label. I get those two mixed up. In fact the PHC4 wheater that I have was found mixed in with a stack of the Blend Of Mashbills bottles after PHC6 was released. Got very lucky. 

13 hours ago, Clueby said:

Nice stuff. Did you try the Ardbeg Dark Cove? I almost bought a bottle but was a bit $$ for me. I think it was around $120. Huge Ardbeg fan.

Haven't opened it yet. I plan on grabbing another Oogie when the time is right though... very interested in comparing the two side-by-side.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:12 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

It's been a while since I've posted here. I normally clean my cabinet and do an inventory at least 3 or 4 times a year, but I haven't been able to do so this year. This year has been taxing to say the least.  :mellow:  I won't bother y'all with the details. Anyway, I finally had to say screw it, and clean up "my room" a little. Please pardon the dust. I ain't got that far yet. In case any of y'all are wondering about the stuffed animals and trinkets on the top right shelf, they're gifts from my special olympics bowling kids, fellow coaches, and kids I used to coach in high school. Aside from about 25 bottles I have stashed away for safe keeping, this is my stash. I plan on consuming or sharing all that you see. 

Cheers! Joe

bunk1.jpeg

bunk3.jpeg

bunk2.jpeg

bunk4.jpeg

bunk5.jpeg

That's a nice liquor cabinet Joe, sure wish I could find me some of that OWA around here. Like the AA100 empty pint also. I bet that was some good stuff.

On 12/10/2016 at 4:46 PM, Masset1982 said:

All The Parker's together. You're not seeing this every day. Great collection ! 

The fact that they're all open is even more impressive.

49 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

The fact that they're all open is even more impressive.

I  agree. Drink it, don't flip it! 

6 hours ago, Auracom said:

Haven't opened it yet. I plan on grabbing another Oogie when the time is right though... very interested in comparing the two side-by-side.

Let me know when you do.  There are still a couple of them sitting on the shelf around town.  If Oogie is "good enough" I'll stick with that at ~$75 vs. DC at $120.  I've heard they are pretty similar.  Haven't been as big a fan of a lot of their newer special releases (SuperNova, Perpetuum, etc.)  or even Corry.  I prefer the "darker", peatier, sherrier (is that a word?) stuff.  Back to our regularly scheduled programming....

On 12/10/2016 at 6:56 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Well, it's actually 26. But who's counting? :lol: Actually, I forgot I added another bottle a while back.

With the exception of about six or eight bottles, these are 'extras' of what are pictured in my earlier post. These are the bottles I'm saving for when and if I finally drink my bunker down. :huh: Either that, or it's my families inheritance. :P

Cheers! Joe

xb1.jpeg

xb2.jpeg

xb3.jpeg

xb4.jpeg

Will you adopt us so we can be part of the inheritance? ????

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:56 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Cheers! Joe

xb1.jpeg

xb2.jpeg

xb3.jpeg

xb4.jpeg

Yep those are some amazing bottles.  Very envious sir!  As my family has pissed away anything I might inherit, I'm up for adoption!  Which Select Stocks are those on the bottom picture?

On 12/12/2016 at 2:46 PM, Masset1982 said:

I  agree. Drink it, don't flip it! 

As you can see with my entire collection, I open every bottle, even the sought after and share them with those around. What's the point of letting it collect dust when it can be drank! I enjoy the variation between releases and different moods allow for multiple bottles to be open.

8 hours ago, namadio said:

Yep those are some amazing bottles.  Very envious sir!  As my family has pissed away anything I might inherit, I'm up for adoption!  Which Select Stocks are those on the bottom picture?

Sorry, but I can't adopt you Nick. My son is quite enough. Plus there's another member from the site that's a good friend and lives close by. I think they'd take care of my stuff (one way or another :huh:) if anything ever happened to me.

As for the HHSS bottles, they're from a couple of private barrel picks SB did a while back.

Let me know when you do.  There are still a couple of them sitting on the shelf around town.  If Oogie is "good enough" I'll stick with that at ~$75 vs. DC at $120.  I've heard they are pretty similar.  Haven't been as big a fan of a lot of their newer special releases (SuperNova, Perpetuum, etc.)  or even Corry.  I prefer the "darker", peatier, sherrier (is that a word?) stuff.  Back to our regularly scheduled programming....

What is D.C.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, johnnyz28 said:

You guys keep me humble.  My stash is mostly scotch....Bourbon keeps disappearing for some reason....????

g53uVZR.jpg

Id love to have 4 bottles of Springbank at my beck and call...

On 12/18/2016 at 6:18 PM, Whiskeythink.com said:

Id love to have 4 bottles of Springbank at my beck and call...

Those are all the same distillation but each one was finished in a different type of sherry cask- Oloroso, Amontillado and I can't recall the other two at the moment.  One day I'll get around to doing a sbsbsbs of them to see how the different casks changed the underlying spirit.  One day.....

On 12/21/2016 at 10:25 PM, johnnyz28 said:

Those are all the same distillation but each one was finished in a different type of sherry cask- Oloroso, Amontillado and I can't recall the other two at the moment.  

And at 14 years and cask strength!  Wow!  I'm a big Springbank fan and also a fan of sherry matured Scotch. Those sounds great.  Enjoy!

i have a stash at my parent's house :

Elmer T Lee

ECBP batch 7

Pikesville 6 yo

Four Small Batch

At my girlfriend parent's house :

SAOS 7 yo

Willett 2 yo rye

Willett 8 yo rye

Thats it.

Cheers ! 

Will

5 hours ago, Three quarks said:

I bet the WT12 is good. I like the packaging and haven't seen that around here.

I think they stopped the production of the 12 yo, it's a shame because it's a very good bourbon, the packaging looks really nice. I was able to find 4 bottles but it's out of stock now.

9 hours ago, Three quarks said:

I bet the WT12 is good. I like the packaging and haven't seen that around here.

Wow.

I've never seen this gentleman before so I don't know what he's usually like, but when he took the first sip and did the Kentucky Chew on it .......let's just say I don't think he could stand up. An orgasmic experience for him :D

• jbutler locked this topic
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!