What Bourbon(s) Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2017 Edition.

OldFitzWithTheGoldLabel
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, JTaylor said:

On our way home from Ann Arbor, (about an hour and a half drive) Mrs. JT fresh out of surgery that morning says, "Do you want to stop at your liquor store?" 

And your answer was what? :P

Just now, DCFan said:

And your answer was what? :P

Well, of course I said no... she was looking pretty sore, but she said she'd be fine and we stopped... Unfortunately they didn't have anything new so we got a couple waters and were on our way... So now she's finally seen first hand that I CAN indeed stop at a liquor store and walk out WITHOUT a box of bottles... :D

• I like it 1

9 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

Well, of course I said no... she was looking pretty sore, but she said she'd be fine and we stopped... 

So it didn’t take much arm twisting. ;)

Just now, DCFan said:

So it didn’t take much arm twisting. ;)

Well, compared to the typical eye rolls and COMPLETE dis-interest... I wasn't going to question it... I think it may have been the anesthesia still working its magic!

• I like it 1

3 minutes ago, JTaylor said:

Well, compared to the typical eye rolls and COMPLETE dis-interest... I wasn't going to question it... I think it may have been the anesthesia still working its magic!

Absolutely you were right to run with it. Because as we all know you don’t argue with the little woman. :D

• I like it 1

Picked up some minis today.  Got tired of paying $19 for a double WT101 at the hotel bar.  I can get the same thing at a LS in minis for $4.50 and put in my carry-on, yes please.  Got 4xWT101, 2xMM, and 2xWR.  That was the entire selection of mini bourbons they had.  Works for me, though.

• I like it 1

Picked up some Bakers, a Bookers 2016-06, and a HW American Prairie. The Bakers will likely get the wax cracked here before long. Have a good weekend all.

Found a RR SiB PS today at one of my usual stops.  Not sure the age of the barrel (I'll find out), but I'm a sucker for PS bottles.

• I like it 1

6 hours ago, JTaylor said:

Well, of course I said no... she was looking pretty sore, but she said she'd be fine and we stopped... Unfortunately they didn't have anything new so we got a couple waters and were on our way... So now she's finally seen first hand that I CAN indeed stop at a liquor store and walk out WITHOUT a box of bottles... :D

I CAN too, I just usually choose not to. 

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, gurgalunas said:

Found a RR SiB PS today at one of my usual stops.  Not sure the age of the barrel (I'll find out), but I'm a sucker for PS bottles.

A good private select is hard to beat. 

Just purchased a bottle of Blade and Bow from a manager’s recommendation at my favorite LS. 

E3C373F9-ECD8-4A6E-BF32-39F4AB02292B.jpeg

A couple of days ago...an ECBP B517.  I haven't had a chance to open it but might still go back and grab another.  

15 hours ago, Radioyada said:

Just purchased a bottle of Blade and Bow from a manager’s recommendation at my favorite LS. 

E3C373F9-ECD8-4A6E-BF32-39F4AB02292B.jpeg

Had my first pour of B&B last night at Jockey Silks Bourbon Bar at the Galt House in Louisville.  The Missus and I both enjoyed it.  I think a bottle may be coming home with me in the near future.

• I like it 1

I hit seven liquor stores on the way to the hotel-- two with their own store pick Blanton's, which is unheard of around home…

IMG_7811.thumb.jpg.f976f3fe05d7b9b43e408e8375ba10e9.jpg

45 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

I hit seven liquor stores on the way to the hotel-- two with their own store pick Blanton's, which is unheard of around home…

IMG_7811.thumb.jpg.f976f3fe05d7b9b43e408e8375ba10e9.jpg

You found the PVW23?? Or did that one come with you? I've also never, ever seen an OFBB in the wild.

Purchased yesterday from a NCABC store: ETL, ECBP, OFBB, WR CHERRY WOOD, and 2 more LB for the bunker . Pretty stoked about the first 3, hope I don't regret buying the last three.  

image.jpeg

16 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

A couple of days ago...an ECBP B517.  I haven't had a chance to open it but might still go back and grab another.  

One of my favorite bourbons ever.

3 hours ago, CardsandBourbon said:

Had my first pour of B&B last night at Jockey Silks Bourbon Bar at the Galt House in Louisville.  The Missus and I both enjoyed it.  I think a bottle may be coming home with me in the near future.

I enjoyed the first pour. It was tasty and easy to drink, Much better than I expected, and will be one of the few I would recommend in its price range. 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Clueby said:

You found the PVW23?? Or did that one come with you? I've also never, ever seen an OFBB in the wild.

The PVW23 came from the hotel bar, she let me have the bottle with the purchase of the last two pours-- which were returned to the bottle for later consumption. My palate was too cooked at that point from multiple THH pours.

Even though it was Total Wine, I felt I needed to get the 4RSB store pick because we rarely get 4R store picks in my area and I have been wanting to try this recipe 

1E266D1E-2444-46AB-BFC8-A727B4D87DBF.jpeg

Picked up a slew of minis this afternoon; bourbon, rye, vodka, rum and Irish creams. 

IMG_0026.JPG

Edited by DCFan

Even though it was Total Wine, I felt I needed to get the 4RSB store pick because we rarely get 4R store picks in my area and I have been wanting to try this recipe 

1E266D1E-2444-46AB-BFC8-A727B4D87DBF.thumb.jpeg.520a9eec9d81727f02d9b0e76d5a5c79.jpeg

I don't know from what I've read here and others places about how 4R does it PS I wouldn't be concerned about a pick from TW. 4R seems to have people that help with the picks and give a lot options.

I do find how TW seems to put of a premium on the barrel pick pricing a bit annoying. Especially compared to thee standard pricing.

• I like it 1

Picked up another W12. Went into one my stores I stop by somewhat often to do a little looking around. The owner was like ,"your the W12 guy". I've been asking for it the past couple of times in and mentioned a store close by got some in.

She pulled a bottle from next to the register she was holding for me. Love good CS.

At this rate I may need to pass up W12 next time I see it.

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

She pulled a bottle from next to the register she was holding for me. Love good CS.

And charged you MSRP?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.