What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sitting at my favorite food/drinks establishment enjoying a glass of KC SiB. Good to be off work early. 

Edited by Radioyada

1 hour ago, Masset1982 said:

This little SAOS conversation makes me thirsty.

Cheers! 

F77E0BFB-DECB-47F1-A65B-EDF9FF12A83A.jpeg

Cheers!

Its Cocktail Hour.  The Yankees are getting ready to play - so a Manhattan seems appropriate. 

Cheers - Go Yanks

IMG_3715 (002).JPG

Just now, kemosabe said:

Its Cocktail Hour.  The Yankees are getting ready to play - so a Manhattan seems appropriate. 

Cheers - Go Yanks

IMG_3715 (002).JPG

Manhattan - good

Yankees - bad

:D

8 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Reviews I've seen on the 17 are good. Not like I'll get a bottle though.

Just wondering where you saw the reviews. From the distillery?

Joe

Mrs. Swamp and I had a particular reason to celebrate with a nice pour Sunday evening.  Our first grandchild was born to our daughter!  The lovely new young lady is pictured on the laptop screen in the photo below.  Given that beautiful baby girl, you can probably understand why I chose the Bourbon in the photo!

Etta Angels Envy.jpg

• I like it 5

1 minute ago, Swamp55 said:

Mrs. Swamp and I had a particular reason to celebrate with a nice pour Sunday evening.  Our first grandchild was born to our daughter!  The lovely new young lady is pictured on the laptop screen in the photo below.  Given that beautiful baby girl, you can probably understand why I chose the Bourbon in the photo!

Etta Angels Envy.jpg

Congrats Grandpa

Just wondering where you saw the reviews. From the distillery?

Joe

Saw the one from breaking bourbon they liked it more than last years release and gave. It the best rating of the BTAC bunch for the year.

Some Texas Ranger which I'm pretty sure has a banana creme pie note. It's nice and smooth too, at 80 proof. 

IMG_20171003_193802.jpg

Some plain old RR 10 year tonight., and this is probably one of my favorite daily pours.   Got this bottle for 26 bucks last summer in WI, and thinking I might have to clear a shelf when I'm up there next year at that price. 

Recently also been into some CEHT SmB, 1792 SB and some Stagg Jr.

19 hours ago, flahute said:

there was bourbon next to the cake being made so it's all good.

Haha, well played!

About the cake, no offense given nor taken.  I know it did sound kind of funny

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 12:40 PM, HoustonNit said:

I was afraid of that response. Looks like I'll need to add a handle of OGD to the bunker.

Does anyone know age on this vs. the orange cap?

Thanks in advance.

Just got around to looking at my bottles, nothing on the black cap looks like a year on the bottom though unlike all the others it has a laser code that I can't quite make out. So maybe last bottles before the change to the new style?

54 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Saw the one from breaking bourbon they liked it more than last years release and gave. It the best rating of the BTAC bunch for the year.

Okay. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Swamp55 said:

Etta Angels Envy.jpg

Congrats.  We just welcomed our first grandson on September 8.  I know exactly how you feel.  

Haha, well played!

About the cake, no offense given nor taken.  I know it did sound kind of funny

I thought it was pretty awesome.

Just got around to looking at my bottles, nothing on the black cap looks like a year on the bottom though unlike all the others it has a laser code that I can't quite make out. So maybe last bottles before the change to the new style?

I think likely thanks for checking.

Congrats swamp! Tonight Im working my way to a tad drunk with half pours, bit of a theme with the choices over the last 5 hours

Started with WSR then Eagle rare, blantons, RHF, OWA and currently finishing up a stagg jr batch 4 that is quote a bit more than half a pour.

13 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Some Stagg Jr. tonight, Batch 130p. I need to buy the new batch and try it.

Hey, I was having some Stagg Jr. Batch #6 (132.5 pf) last night at about the same time!  Not as hot as I remember - must be the "air time" effect or the big ole ball of ice in the Yeti, perchance?  A nice pour before bedtime.   :D

14 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

Great news here - congratulations to you and your family. Nice choice on the pour as well IMO.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.