What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's a discontinued AA kind of night, having the 10yr and finishing off the last of a 200ml BIB

• I like it 2

Loving this game thus far and had to bring out a pour of the Pappy. 

Huzzah

unnamed-2.thumb.jpg.512fcbac1a1815130726984f8091d2ca.jpg

• I like it 1

Had a pour of CEHT SB followed by OE 7yr, don't have much of a rooting interest here so mostly pulling for the Dodgers to score a few runs to make it interesting.

• I like it 1

It was some EC12 for me tonight. I will be a sad day when all of my age stated bottles run dry. Good thing that is a day far in the distance!!

Having some RHF watching the game. Yeah no skin in the game but I'd like to see it get interesting.

• I like it 1

Last pour of the night....maybe :)

Don't need 25 bottles of OWA in the bunker like others. Have about 4 or so and it is usually readily available.

Huzzah

unnamed-5.thumb.jpg.26a02963b9f30426e5a66f7fc03f5cce.jpg

Edited by Government Beard

Killed my OF1920 in a manhattan now Im ending the night with an ER10. trying to polish this one off so I can open one of the PS 11year7Mo ERs I just picked up.

RR10/90 last night at the office. Budget season is leading to long nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular old Weller SR is fitting the bill quite nicely as an after work pour today. There's only a pour or so left in this bottle, so y'all just might see this bottle again later in the "Empty Bottle" thread.  ;)

Cheers! Joe

sr.jpeg

I blame the high octane thread for forcing me to pour this dram. Since baseball is over, it’s officially time to settle in for cold weather and watching Blues hockey. Cheers.

CFF9E22E-9588-41BC-87DA-0AE1A8EF2C26.jpeg

• I like it 1

Can't get the pic to attach but I'm enjoying a Clyde Mays Special Reserve Total Wine Store Pick. It's nice. Whatever "Alabama Style" means...

Edited by Bourbinvestor

I have many favorites. Any bourbon is better than no bourbon. My go toes are Makers Mark, Woodford Reserve, Four Roses, and any Pappy when I can get it. Oh yeah, Mitchers U.S. one when available.  The only bad thing about bourbon is not having any. Enjoy all.

Kicked off with some ER10 followed by some OC8 followed by some sleep!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Kane said:

OWA 4 days in a row now. If a wheater can hold my attention this long, it must be really good.

"Atta boy Luther!" Since I did finish my bottle of Weller SR tonight, my OWA will probably be next up.

Cheers! Joe

I'm not sure what I'm enjoying right now.

I'm hoping @Bob_Loblaw could clue me in.

Nose: floral, oak, burnt brown sugar sweetness and very subtle alcohol at the end

Palate: more burnt brown sugar and white fruit (pear or ginger) up front that turns to an oak/smoky midpalate.

Finish: slow onset that starts from the chest and works it's way up. Finish is nice. Makes me want another sip.

Adding water added more floral and grass notes in the nose.

Time in the glass brought out a more ethanol flavor that wasn't necessarily horrible.

What in the world is this?

Cheers!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.