What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This has a terrific sweet but spicy profile like ETL or Blantons so I don't think this is going to last long... cheers!

20171029_220621.jpg

• I like it 4

Need something to keep me warm this evening while enjoying Sunday Night football. 4R SBBS will do.

3.jpg

• I like it 2

12 minutes ago, Radioyada said:

Poured a glass of CEHT BP to enjoy while watching an episode of Stranger Things season 2. 

Enjoying a pour of a PS KCSiB while doing the exact same thing.

• I like it 1

I've been doing battle with a cold this week. Thus, no bourbon for most of the week. Yesterday I needed something to cut through the crap draining down the back of my throat. I grabbed a finger of HMK10 and not only did that do the trick but it was maybe one of the top 2 or glasses of HMK10 that I've had. Absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess. I hit it again today and still good but not that OMG moment from yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I like it 2

I've enjoyed a long weekend, as I had several friends visiting for a Keeneland/distillery tour/football 'fest.  Pours have included WT101, WTKS, multiple PS KCSB's, multiple ECBP's, ET BIB, EC NAS, 4RSB and ORVW.  Because I'm too lazy to post over in the rye thread, I'll also add Baby Saz and WP to the mix.  Some of these were small pours, but others were pretty substantial (or in multiples). 

Monday...just might suck!  :o

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I've enjoyed a long weekend, as I had several friends visiting for a Keeneland/distillery tour/football 'fest.  Pours have included WT101, WTKS, multiple PS KCSB's, multiple ECBP's, ET BIB, EC NAS, 4RSB and ORVW.  Because I'm too lazy to post over in the rye thread, I'll also add Baby Saz and WP to the mix.  Some of these were small pours, but others were pretty substantial (or in multiples). 

Monday...just might suck!  :o

at least it was a fun weekend!

• I like it 1

How we doing? Bottle has been open for about 2 weeks and I don't believe it will last much longer.

Huzzah

59f6785be5d53_unnamed3.thumb.jpg.b16cd1b8e3434eb8f1f3d27cbca24714.jpg

• I like it 1

BT mashbill 2 at 128 proof. Some oh so delicious Blanton’s SFTB while I watch Sunday night tv. 

91FF07DB-6C79-4637-93DE-63DB513350B5.jpeg

• I like it 4

Missed my 4th WLOCP (aka florida geordia in jax) since '91 helping my fathee recover from hip replacement. Contemplating a coaching search at UF enjoying this. 

I normally stay away from NDPs but this SAOS 10 is fantastic. I'll try and run down another bottle tomorrow. 

IMG_3488.JPG

• I like it 4

Went to a Halloween event with the wife and kids and found a 10 Min window to check out a nearby bourbon bar. 

Enjoyed a 2016 OFBB. It was solid, but not spectacular. Nice nose and sweet, but had a little funky ness on the front of the pallet. The BB was a little thin and lacked the oily viscosity of the 1920.  Think I prefer the 1920. Which is nice since it is readily available and almost half the price!

• I like it 2

So I took a 4 day break from bourbon while I was in KY (crazy right???). Now back in NC snd enjoying a barrel select ER10

I'm enjoying my first ever pour of Old Ezra 101 7yr after finding a reasonably priced bottle during my trip to visit my Mother and Father. It's pretty good stuff for approximately $20. I may have to pick up another bottle or two on my way home tomorrow.

Now enjoying my second pour of Old Ezra 101 7yr while watching a fantastic World Series game. I'm definitely buying more of this on my trip back home.

13 minutes ago, lcpfratn said:

Now enjoying my second pour of Old Ezra 101 7yr while watching a fantastic World Series game. I'm definitely buying more of this on my trip back home.

I, too, am thoroughly enjoying this terrific baseball game.  Started with RY10 and now working on a pour of FRSB.  Good times!

2017 date coded ER 10 in a bar, in front of the fireplace, watching the world series.

Really freaking good.

This is the first ER10 I've ever had with hints of the spicy cherry ness that I got from my only taste of ER 17 (a 2012 bottling).

Working on buying the bottle....LoL.  it's seriously that good ! 

:)

Still sipping some FRSB, verrrrry slowly.  Who knew this freaking game was going to go well past 5 hours?!  Mesmerizing World Series baseball... 

Looked hard at the ETL last night, but went for the warmth of the 1792FP PS instead. A nice three finger pour before bed... 

Still sipping some FRSB, verrrrry slowly.  Who knew this freaking game was going to go well past 5 hours?!  Mesmerizing World Series baseball... 

It was an amazing game for sure!

12 hours ago, Government Beard said:

59f6785be5d53_unnamed3.thumb.jpg.b16cd1b8e3434eb8f1f3d27cbca24714.jpg

Huhuh...

...you're a member....huh...huhuh...huhuhuh....

20 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Still working my way through my first GW4G.  This is good stuff and I agree the sum is superior to the parts.

I really like the gw4g.  but i also like ogd 114 probably just as well.  the wsr on the other hand, not as good by itself for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.