What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/25/2017 at 11:15 PM, Government Beard said:

It was 103 degrees here in San Diego today. Enough is enough. Mother nature is on my Sh*t list. 

Well. Anyways. I picked up some more OGD today, among other things, so decided for a pour of 114 off the shelf. I've had this bottles open for a while. The high rye mash bill spice is still there. The air has helped tame the heat, obviously. Very nice.

Huzzah

Mother nature being on the shitlist may very well be WHY it was 103 in SD nearing the end of OCT, anyhoo OGD114 is always a good call. On the other coast where Autumn may have finally arrived it was a fantastic RRSib private selection, WOW what a great bourbon, love the house of turkey!!

Was in a Four Roses mood after returning home from an Al Young meet and greet. Helluva nice guy! I didn't take my bottle of 50th anniversary because the LS manager forbid bringing bottles in so I picked up the LS's OBSK 9yr 9mo pick and Al signed it along with his book.  Of course Al ventured out to the parking lot prior to the event and was signing stuff out there!  :wacko:  Was a little frustrated, but then remembered that I'm going to drink it, not sell it so I guess it isn't really that important...

I got home and had a generous pour of an OESK and started reading about the history of 4R. Great night...

• I like it 1

I simply love this stuff!

2C2B0333-E207-47AF-B5D4-756B2FCFAF6B.jpeg

Chees!

Will,

Edited by Masset1982
  • I like it 1

After a long but over all decent week at work, I'm rewarding myself with a few very small pours tonight. Working up the ladder with a BT ps, ER ps, RHF, and FR's ps. My after dinner drink will be a nice pour of SB HHSS #2. 

Cheers! Joe

First pour tonight boys.

Won't be the last. Let's see where this take us.

On another note - after a week of really high proof/barrel proof pours, this one tastes rather 'meh'.

Huzzah

unnamed-4.thumb.jpg.842ee3ed50566edd9fac4e5d0c2e267a.jpg

Edited by Government Beard

had the wife pour a little SBSBS.

1792 Port

OWA

Four Roses Private Selection

Easy 3/3. If I didn't get em I would have been disappointed in myself and shredded my man card ;)

unnamed-5.thumb.jpg.ee8e962da3e0bb81de8cbec732e06764.jpg

• I like it 1

Enjoying me some World Series baseball and some ECBP A117.   Go 'Stros!

ECBP_A117.thumb.jpg.d9c2f17239f691f3c9fe66e3b74465a2.jpg

Hang on Stros, Stros hang on.

17 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I might be crazy but this seems to be my favorite pour tonight OGD BIB over ETL and W12.

725ae45bc93491a8b31f7517311fc30f.jpg

:lol: Sometimes I agree.

:lol: Sometimes I agree.

Banana on the nose and just way more flavor right now. No wood but who needs oak.

Keeping with theme.  Right now warming up with  HH6BiB. How this game turns out will determine where I go from here.  Go Stros!

WIN_20171027_215535.JPG

• I like it 2

15 minutes ago, Swamp55 said:

Enjoying me some World Series baseball and some ECBP A117.   Go 'Stros!

I think we have the same coasters! and also watching the World Series.

enjoying some wa 107 tonight.  The bubble gum/juicy fruit smell is loud and clear again tonight...love it.

IMAG1832.jpg

I think we have the same coasters! and also watching the World Series.

enjoying some wa 107 tonight.  The bubble gum/juicy fruit smell is loud and clear again tonight...love it.
IMAG1832.thumb.jpg.42d495bfa20b04d8ef753cd1c1c9a2ca.jpg

WA107, I always get cherry coke with a bit of cinnamon.

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

WA107, I always get cherry coke with a bit of cinnamon.

I get more of that on the taste, but right now I am getting juicy fruit on the sniffer.

11 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Banana on the nose and just way more flavor right now. No wood but who needs oak.

Ever open that black cap BiB?

Keeping with theme.  Right now warming up with  HH6BiB. How this game turns out will determine where I go from here.  Go Stros!

WIN_20171027_215535.thumb.JPG.57680acfbf9350975db2d04625f3ac0d.JPG

Kepler just a bad influence, still liking the OGD best tonight.

2aeb9ff219c4277ade4a90e9b353a608.jpg

Cheers.

Ever open that black cap BiB?

No! it's my motivation for drinking this new bottle OGD BIB, hoping the black cap is even better but need to make some shelf space first.

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

No! it's my motivation for drinking this new bottle OGD BIB, hoping the black cap is even better but need to make some shelf space first.

Nice. You guys are enablers :lol: Been enjoying that black cap BiB 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.