What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/29/2017 at 11:22 PM, Radioyada said:

Poured a glass of CEHT BP to enjoy while watching an episode of Stranger Things season 2. 

Hah, I did the same last night! WhistlePig barrel proof store pick and Stranger Things tonight.

third of a bottle left of WSR and OF9120. having a bit of both (OF in a manhattan) tonight in bottle kill mode before I open a new bottle.

Buffalo Trace earlier tonight, with dinner.

Followed by Bakers 7year for dessert (thanks to all the raving on this forum) & it's really good, btw.

And finally some more ER10.

The new bottle @ The hotel bar isn't nearly as good as the one I finished earlier...but it's the bargain @ the bar for $6 / pour.

Makers, knob, michters, woodford, and regular IW Harper are more $ (Makes puzzled face ???).

• I like it 2

Last Friday my wife and I went to a steakhouse for our anniversary dinner and they had Orphan Barrel Rhetoric. I really liked it. Just wasn’t rich enough for a second glass. 

So last week I posted that I opened an old-bottle OWA, and that it was pretty meh compared to W12 and such... Well, I was an idiot. I still find W12 better, but I am hugely impressed with this bottle after a week, much more so than my previous OWAs.

Makes me want to give ORVW another chance too, SBS with Lot B.

12 hours ago, Government Beard said:

Friends...Relations...Bourbon Drinkers...

59f7e2eaaacd1_unnamed-12.thumb.jpg.a50c66162d2f303de5c476e765373cb2.jpg

Good stuff right there. 

• I like it 1

Had two pours so far, first was an OESK store picks, after that, some 1792 FP, the 4R was clearly the best of those two. 

Cheers! 

Will

• I like it 1

Wow! This BT store pick is absolutely delicious! I'll be back to get 1-2 more for the bunker.

IMG_1340.thumb.JPG.fbe1831d0dec87fe35b8f40ed80d0afb.JPG

Cheers!

Hate to see this bottle go, it is one of my favorites. Now I am down to just 2 in the bunker, time to start looking for a few on th shelf.

DAE7E143-1B4B-4E62-879F-CEFDE218686B.jpeg

• I like it 1

Halloween party libations! A lil' Jefferson's Reserve!620ce640b91f3f919cf287b6a29b9b9e.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4r oesf  and it is really hitting the spot while watching the world series.  I am going to have to get some of the other 9 options to try.  However, I do not typically see anything but the standard 4r SiB (which is good too) around here.

Happy Halloween Folks.

Cheering on the 'Stros.

After a few nights of some barrel proof pours - this is like drinking water. First pour tonight. 

unnamed-8.thumb.jpg.ef22b9cfe56b2b190245fe5e80e6912a.jpg

Never had a Wild Turkey product I have been super impressed with until I opened this bottle tonight.  This Russell’s Reserve SB Store pick is great.  Glad I listened to people on here that recommended it.

22942F83-0171-406E-B40E-F566ED79128A.jpeg

• I like it 1

I had the Russell’s Reserve SB at a local bar last night and thought it was much better, and very different from the regular 10yr. That chewed up vitamin flavor didn’t come thru as strong. Also it didn’t come across as especially hot despite the 110 proof.

Edited by BourbonDude

Had a couple of pours of Old Ezra 7 year 101 last night during the game.  Found it very satisfactory especially given the price point...

6 minutes ago, DCFan said:

What goes good with an Astros win? :D

Some WT Diamond Anniversary, which I bought several years ago, and only opened a few minutes ago. 5-0 Astros. 

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Patrick_OKC said:

Some WT Diamond Anniversary, which I bought several years ago, and only opened a few minutes ago. 5-0 Astros. 

I posted that question after the homer. But since I was in a spice mood I went with Saz. ;)

OBSK is hard to beat. Only 8 yrs, 9 months on this one. Would like to see the Four Roses private picks around 10 but this is a nice bottle. 

IMG_3548.JPG

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.