What Bourbon Are You Enjoying? (Fall 2017)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

7 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Kepler just a bad influence, still liking the OGD best tonight.

Cheers.

You're making me realize that's it time for me to open up  a OGD soon.  I like it better in the fall & winter.

Nice. You guys are enablers :lol: Been enjoying that black cap BiB 

Ok more enabling for me to for me to finish off this new bottle. Will be sure to post as soon as I open.

You're making me realize that's it time for me to open up  a OGD soon.  I like it better in the fall & winter.

I was actually thinking it would taste great in the fridge.

Think I'll throw in the freezer and report back.

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

Ok more enabling for me to for me to finish off this new bottle. Will be sure to post as soon as I open.

Let me know what you think. I thought the orange cap was good but the black cap is better. I will agree to that. At least the bottles I have opened thus far. 

Let me know what you think. I thought the orange cap was good but the black cap is better. I will agree to that. At least the bottles I have opened thus far. 

Have had black cap or orange cap but before I appreciated bourbon. Have you had the new fake cork black BIB? It's quite solid.

Many years of Orange Cap and since it's BIB I would imagine there is batch variation and one of the other Orange Caps in the bunker will show better.

6 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

Have had black cap or orange cap but before I appreciated bourbon. Have you had the new fake cork black BIB? It's quite solid.

Yes. Really good. Craft bourbon stands no chance.

4 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Of those open:

1. Black Cap

2. Cork

3. Orange Cap

None bad.

totally agree. 

• I like it 2

Of those open:
1. Black Cap
2. Cork
3. Orange Cap

None bad.

More motivation to get the black cap open.

2 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

More motivation to get the black cap open.

Yours is Family Size too correct?  Mine alas is a 375 quickly dwindling it will be missed when it is gone.

• I like it 1

Time for a little corn whiskey, tonight.  Dixie Dew juuuust right.

IMG_4218.JPG

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, kevinbrink said:

Yours is Family Size too correct?  Mine alas is a 375 quickly dwindling it will be missed when it is gone.

Likewise with what I have although I cleared a shelf of 3 375s. The first one is about gone. Basically, I have about 800ML left and then it will probably be goodbye old friend forever.

Edited by Government Beard
For the Watch

Yeah it's a handle but no idea on the age.

1 minute ago, HoustonNit said:

Yeah it's a handle but no idea on the age.

Pretty sure the black caps are the last of the old bottle style, when they kicked the orange caps and still had glass left. Could be wrong but that's when I first remember seeing them on the shelf.

Pretty sure the black caps are the last of the old bottle style, when they kicked the orange caps and still had glass left. Could be wrong but that's when I first remember seeing them on the shelf.

Pretty sure your right.

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Keeping with theme.  Right now warming up with  HH6BiB. How this game turns out will determine where I go from here.  Go Stros!

Alrighty, that's what I was looking for. Great win.

WIN_20171027_231935.JPG

• I like it 2

Alrighty, that's what I was looking for. Great win.

WIN_20171027_231935.thumb.JPG.3c3715524cf0d214f2f0fad7f722a10d.JPG

Nice brought out the big guns for the win.

45 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Time for a little corn whiskey, tonight.  Dixie Dew juuuust right.

IMG_4218.JPG

I've always wanted to try it.  So, it's only available in a few markets?

OF1920, I may be blaspheming but this is the second time in a row not enjoying it at all. This might become old fashioneds

• I like it 1

Just now, jshleffar said:

OF1920, I may be blaspheming but this is the second time in a row not enjoying it at all. This might become old fashioneds

I'm having a pour of OF1920 right now also, but I have to completely disagree with you. I LOVE this stuff!!

It's my new go to pour!

That's the beauty of bourbon. Different folks, different strokes.

Cheers!

cheers indeed, Im trying to drain it down asap then going to wipe it away with some eh taylor bp

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

Keeping with theme.  Right now warming up with  HH6BiB. How this game turns out will determine where I go from here.  Go Stros!

Liking the Martin Logans...

A flight meant to take 2hr ended up being a full day affair. First delays due to weather, then engine failure before take off, the wait for a plane swap, more weather delays, after arrival delayed airport shuttle...

"Relaxing" with an OWA at almost 6am. Must sleep soon.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.